All reviews no elevator train line brandenburg gate shared bathroom art lovers single room great location passing trains parliament building interesting hotel main train station unter den linden jewish memorial less than a minute walk funky hotel third floor no air conditioning
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Single room with shared shower facilities for EU39 per night.
The room is small but uniquely decorated - quite literally as every room has been designed by a well-known artist. The top floor (4) corridor accessible by elevator or a grand staircase. The showers down the hallway are spotless and totally functional.
Reception is efficient and local restaurants go from inexpensive to very grand. The location could scarcely be bettered, with Freidrichstrasse station just 10 minutes walk away (connection in 30 mins to Schönefeld Airport), and the express bus to Tegel airport just across the street.
The Reichstag is 5 minutes walk as is the Brandenburg Gate.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I stayed in this Hotel in Mid October earlier this year when Berlin was in the middle of what the Brits call an Indian Summer. The temperatures were in the high twenties C and Berlin was glorious and full of colour.

Arte Luise Kunsthotel was a splendid arty hotel located within walking distance of the Brandenburg Gates. Situated in a grand old building with a lovely huge old fashion staircase, each room had a different teem and was painted by various local Artists. I had a single room on the 3rd floor which was reasonably priced and comfortable and I didn't even mind the fact that the hotel didn't have a lift. The staff were ever so friendly and attentive but are the same time casual enough as not to be over bearing. Entering the reception gave you a good idea of what was in store in this hotel. This was a fun arty hotel that didn't take itself too seriously. I was certainly happy with my choice. The room itself was beautiful! Devoid of any unnecessary clutter like a mini bar or a 42 inch LCD flat screen TV because all I wanted is a bed, a clean bathroom and free Internet. I had read in some reviews that because of its proximity to a railway line it is noisy and difficult to sleep. Really? I had the window open all 3 nights I spent here and I slept like a baby. The place was tranquil and I am usually not a heavy sleeper.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank OluOlu
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We spend five nights in room nr.106. Although our room where facing the street, it was nice and quiet thanks to the double windows. The room was exiting bit still peacefull and airy with a hight of at least five meters to the roof. The feeling was "homey" and the nice staff cleaned our room what ever time we decided to leave,11AM or 2PM.
Excellent location. To be recommended.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I had a terrible experience at the Arte Luise Kunsthhotela little over a year ago! Despite the beautiful rooms and great location it did not make up for having my iPod and nice jacket stolen from my room. If you stay here PLEASE lock up your valuables, the staff cannot be trusted and you will not even get as much as an apology from management.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank Erin W
Reviewed October 8, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights between 24 and 26 August. It is a good base to see the sights like Unter den Linden, Museum Island, etc... The room and bed was comfortable but here are a few tips - it's very noisy - close to the train line. Bathrooms are small. It is basic. If you are a little frail, it can be tough carrying luggage up flights of stairs (there is no elevator). The staff are OK.

Room Tip: Try and get a room that does not face Luisenstrasse
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple