“Great Hotel.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Greifswald

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Berlin
Hotel Greifswald
Ranked #493 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

Really nice hotel. Doesn't look much from the street, but looks can be deceiving.

Our room was huge and luxurious with a really comfortable bed. Great buffet breakfast and helpful staff too.

A little out of the way but worth the 15 min walk to Alexanderplatz.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sheffield, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2009

An absolute gem- we booked the Greifswald for my second trip to Berlin and my partner's first. The room was superb, even though we'd paid for the smaller size. The beds were incredibly comfortable, the room was clean and quiet, the bathroom had what looked like original GDR fittings and the staff were really helpful- to the point that when it was time to go home and we realised the bus we had taken from the airport on arrival wasn't running, one of the night staff looked up the best way for us to get there and left us detailed instructions and a U-Bahn timetable to collect in the morning. Very friendly, relaxed and comfortable- the breakfast is superb too and the location is perfect if you're not after commercial West Berlin- Prenzlauerberg is lovely and the restaurants and vintage shops are the best I've been to in a long time. We can't recommend this place enough- it's quite romantic too, in an East German way!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Panama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2009

I stayed in Greifswald Berlin for a week and it was just great.
The room was clean, and the hotel was located in a estrategic area.
Just 10 minutes from Alexander Platz (walking distance)
The breakfast is complete and fantastic. (Good variety of fruits, cereals, etc.)
You must visit the portuguese restaurant near the hotel (the food is the best)
The lady at the reception was nice and always advised me over restaurants and places...
I will like to stay there next year if I travel again to Berlin (for sure!)

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Århus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2009

A very quite hotel and the staff is very friendly and helpsome. Easy to go around Berlin and the Tram is just outside the door. I would like to stay there again, even at the 5. th. floor.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2009

We booked the Griefswald because of the reviews and the price and I'm so glad we did. In fact next time we go to Berlin we'll try and stay there again. I think we lucked out on the room as it was HUGE, lovely and light with an enormous comfy bed (very difficult not to crawl back in to it after stuffing our faces at breakfast) My boyfriend thought the bathroom was tiny but I didn't care, it was totally fine.
The breakfast was great, lots of ham and cheese, as you'd expect, but also artichokes, smoked salmon, fritters, cake, omlette... and alot more. Yum. The staff were friendly and helpful too.

We actually thought the location was pretty good too, its so quiet and there's a tram stop right outside which takes you to Alexanderplatz (pretty much the centre - v.touristy - and good travel connections to everywhere in Berlin) There's also a tram stop just up the road which takes you to Friedrichshain/east Kreuzberg (the best places for going out, so easy to get back from in the early hours) Prenzulauer Berg's lovely too, full of young familiies but also good bars/cafes and shops. Make sure you go to the flea markets on a Sunday, which is a 10 min walk away.

We stayed west side on the last night and east side clearly rules.... the atmosphere is much livelier, younger and less commercial. I'm a sucker for graffiti too...

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2008

I think this is a great hotel, friendly, clean, cheap and well-situated. We love the Greifswald so much we have stayed there 4 times between 2003 - 2008. As others say, breakfasts are fab, staff very friendly. The photos someone has put up here of the street are harsh - it isn't that bad! Anyway there's graffiti all over Berlin. Also if you are travelling around and need to wash clothes there's a fab internet/cafe/launderette nearby (2 mins, right out of the hotel). Rooms are smallish but comfy and endearingly basic (no minibar or all that stuff). As for its location - I prefer the East to the West and love pottering around Prenzlauerberg, which is full of lovely cafes, yummy mummies and greenery. I felt very safe in this area. Best I can do is attach photos I have taken over the years...and recommend it wholeheartedly.

• Liked — Value for money
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
Bangor, Northern Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2008

We, a party of four 40-year-old blokes, recently spent 2 nights here and although we spent very little time in it, I am doing my TripAdvisor duty!. The hotel is located on a main road heading north-east from Alexanderplatz (the M4 tram will get you there in about 10 minutes) but as it is set well back from the street, the hotel itself is very quiet. It is built around a small courtyard which I'm sure is very pleasant to breakfast in during warmer weather.

The reception/breakfast area has a certain rock music vibe to it as the hotel appears to cater for a lot of passing musicians playing the nearby Magnet or Knaack clubs. During our stay, reception staff were super-friendly and gave us Berlin virgins plenty of advice! I have to say that this friendliness extended to all of the locals we came across in the east of the city (I've never met nicer people on my travels).

Both rooms were perfectly sized, pleasant ,and clean, with good bathrooms. Breakfast is an extra 7.50 euros but well worth it , and it is served until midday (a real bonus given that Berlin bars don't seem to close!).

Based on our albeit quick Berlin taster, I would say that the old east Berlin is more "happening" if your holidays are more about bar-hopping and is the part of town I'll be heading back to in the not so distant future and I would happily return to the Greifswald.

• Liked — Good value and friendly staff.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends