New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Irish Harp Pub

Irish Harp Pub
Ranked #3,583 of 7,777 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, British
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Avoid if you can help it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I just left Murphys and thought I'd have a look at the other Irish Pub in Berlin.... Ohhhhhhhhh I demand the one hour and a half hours (including train travel) wasted of my life back, visiting this........establishment.

1. I was told to find a seat - not a problem, found a chair at a vacant table (without any reservation - as I noticed other tables with a piece of cardboard identifying this). Although after 15 minutes of waiting for a waitress to take my bar order - a pint of Guinness. - the waitress did appear. Alas, only to produce a card and inform me the table was booked! I read the card - which had mysteriously appeared and it displayed a name and time. The time being 9.30pm, the present time being 10.46pm.

2. I graciously agreed to move to the directed table after advising the "waitress" I had yet to provided an opportunity to make an order. She curtly responded, "What would you like to drink!"

3. I took this opportunity to order my beer and awaited silently. By that I mean wait while having my ear smashed by the whooping, screaming and incessant juvenile giggle from the newly occupied original location.

According the um... "Irish band", the original table was occupied by academics from the "Berlin Paleontologist's" something. . . Like I said, there was an abundance of screeching.

4. The "Irish band"... alas I had hoped would be a redeeming feature. Again..... no such luck! Having played in a band - an Celtic Irish/Scots Band no less - I am sad to report a drunk 73 year old at a karaoke night armed with a comb, a length of rope and bucket of mud could produce a more harmonious tune.

Although the the establishment is not without one redeeming feature - the exit!

Try Murphys - in my opinion much better!

Visited June 2013
5 Thank GibboOz

“Amazing place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Nice place, good prices. Always full. It's better if you reach the pub before nine or there couldn't be any free table. And yes, the beer is good.

Bangor, United Kingdom
“Lovely!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

We came here on a random day in Berlin.

Lovely pint of Guiness.

The waitress was really friendly and attentive - top service!!

We had Currywurst to eat, and it was heavenly!! Because we weren't that hungry, we ordered one meal between my fiancee and I, and the waitress actually brought us out another clean plate to make it easier for us!!

It was a monday afternoon, so it was pretty quiet in there, but it was really nice to be able to take the weight off with great food and a lovely pint of Guiness, and it was really good value too!!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Carl_and_Lesley
Clydebank, United Kingdom
“Poor food and bogus atmosphere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

My wife and I recently viisted the Harp Bar for a meal and drink. As it was late afternoon the bar was almost empty therefore we had no problem in being served our order. This was taken by a polite lad from London. Our drink was fine but the Irish stew can only be described as truly awful. One potato, one carrot and several pieces of lamb swimming in a plate of lightly seasoned water. Due to a change of shift the staff had now been replaced by someone who I can only assume had seen an Irish bar in a Hollywood film. Having an Irish father and German mother I sat with my wife as we listened with increasing annoyance at this parody of an accent, done in a voice loud enough to frighten small children. As forty minutes passed and nobody had come to clear our table we decided that enough was enough and we should go before the barmaid donned a ginger beard and uttered the line "Oh begorrah and be jabers". We did not expect or require an authentic Irish Bar but we did expect reasonable food and good service. After paying our bill at the bar on leaving we heard that voice echoing across the bar telling us to " have a good one" A visit which will not be repeated during any further visits to Berlin.

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank slon2
Ipswich, Suffolk
“Excellent Home from Home, Good Beer, Service and Sports”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Despite our best intentions of not visting an Irish Bar, the late opening, reasonable beer and food prices and the availability of live sport drew us in on the first night!

Open late, if you are in, and early, if there is sport on, the boys and girls make every effort to provide the best of service. Musical entertainment is often provided of a reasonable standard.

Recommended if you want to watch sport and drink beer!

• Visited October 2011