“One of the hidden Gems.”
Review of Kater Holzig - CLOSED

Kater Holzig
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Berlin, Germany
“One of the hidden Gems.”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

You may have heard about the famous Bar 25 with all these wild parties. As Bar 25 had to close down, they started looking for a new location - and found it, again at the River. It's a stunning location, lovingly made - it looks like a huge, rough adventure playground. Really Berlin. Besides the clubbing, they offer a really really cool indoor restaurant with stunning good food and nice service. Definitely don't miss that and book a table there. You won't be disappointed, a real berlin experience. It's a bit tricky to find, the entrance is through a huge wooden fence after the bridge. Go through it and keep straight on. If you eat in the restaurant, you also have access to the party afterwards (kater holzig's door policy is very strict).

• Visited April 2013

• Polish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Racist place”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was with some friends from different countries and we went on saturday around 1:00 am. We didn't drunk before trying to enter and they told us that "because it was people from Portugal, Spain and/or Italian we couldn't enter". I couldn't realize that a place like that was so racist in the 21st century...It's really sad...

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank GeorgeHayes
London, United Kingdom
“Berlin Vibe!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

this place is amazing. so me and a few friends from London went to Berlin for the weekend, we get turned away from Berghain, have a great nite in Tresor, come out of Tresor around 6am- where to now?

having heard about Katerholzig before coming to Berlin, I advised we go here. we reached Katerholzig, obviously drunk and a bit loud, the woman at the door almost didn't let us in, thankfully we prevail and get the nod- in we go!

what happened next was a beautiful day of dancing, chilling, chatting and being. the place is fantastic- it has a big building which houses a few different dancefloors pumping out banging house and techno all day. the garden area is lovely too- lots of marquees, sculptures, little beach huts, climbing frames and grass which goes right down to the river spree edge. we spent all day just meeting people and getting high in the gardens, and going inside every so often for a rave in the wooden huts, which open their doors to let the sunlight and warmth in.

we eneded up spending 15 hours here, and loved every minute of it! we wouldn't have left until Monday morning, but we wanted to try Berghain again (we got in this time!)

if you come to Berlin, come to Katerholzig!

Visited October 2012
London
“Narrow minded door staff spoil the day - go to Club der Visionaere instead!”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We went to the club on a Sunday around 4pm but were told it was 'guest list' only which was clearly a lie and they simply didn't want to let us in because we are English. I really don't understand this mentality or where this attitude comes from. A club is supposed to be a free environment where people of all backgrounds can meet to have a good time. Of all the clubs in Berlin this was the one which I least expected to have a bad attitude towards us and which I expected to be open minded but unfortunately this was not the case. This narrow minded attitude really is very sad.

I was very disappointed as there were acts & DJs playing that I was really looking forward to seeing - this was going to be the highlight of my trip to Berlin. As it turned out I went to Club der Visionaere and had an amazing time. The people there were fantastic and very friendly and the club was relaxed and had a great crowd - we ended up staying for hours! My advice: Go to Club der Visionaere!

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Aky2012
Glasgow
“Not your average place!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I went here with a group of people at the weekend, we had prebooked dinner so no problems getting in. When we arrived we stumbled our way down a dark path towards the bright flashing arrow sign for "Kater". Once through the door we arrived to an outside area which had oil drum fires to stand around if you fancy hanging around outside. You head up a dark stairwell which looks a bit dodgy if you ask me but once in the restaurant all becomes very cosy and relaxed.
Food was ok, service not so good but I guess you have problems in most places when you are in a group!
After dinner we headed downstairs to the live music venue which looks like a tree house inside, lots of hidden seating which is pretty cool.
Nightclub is pretty basis, 2 rooms with different music in each.
This place is definitely worth a visit to say you have been and experienced it. We made our own entertainment, I'm not sure what this place would be like if there were only 2 people going here together.

• Visited December 2012