3,496 results
All reviewscheckpoint charlieprivilege suitefamily suitecheck point charliegreat hotelquiet streetseparate toiletcoffee machinearound the cornerhuge roomwithin walking distanceexcellent locationunter den lindensitting areashower roomsuperior roomsmall balcony
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I was in town to see Berlin and visit a friend. I found this hotel to be in a good location and a good price. The hotel was clean, the staff friendly, and the room comfortable. There were many attractions within walking distance and the nearby U-bahn station will take you anywhere in Berlin..

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I stayed here on the recommendation of a friend who stayed there with her boyfriend several weeks before my trip. I then did some research and saw how well it was reviewed on TA so I decided to go for it.

The hotel is just off a large main street (which was never busy during my 4 night stay) and is a very short walk from the nearest U-bahn station.

There are several local convenience stores nearby which are handy for water and other amenities.

The lobby of the hotel is small, but the staff at the front desk were extremely helpful, polite and smiley.

We had a normal twin room on one of the top floors of the hotel and it was amazing. A very, very large room. One of the largest I've ever stayed in. It has a reception area to hang coats, bags etc. There's a small living room space with table and chairs. The desk is in the centre of the room, with TV, desk chair, phone and mini-bar underneath, then the beds are on the other end of the room. There are two large windows that open out onto balconies overlooking the light and bright courtyard.

Also, a curious addition to this hotel room (which I love and have never encountered since) is that the toilet is in a separate room to the bathroom. The bathroom itself was of adequate size, with a walk in shower.

There's surround sound throughout the entire room, so when listening to music or the TV the sound is brilliant.

The staff that we encountered during our stay were always helpful and polite. We regularly call down for bottle openers, buckets of ice or glasses and we always had our needs met.

There was a small but perfectly laid out gym spread over two floors. It had a sauna, fitness equipment and excellent shower facilities. It was also open 24 hours.

In terms of room size, this is still the hotel that I compare all others to.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 10, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights as part of a tour around Germany. Despite requesting a non smoking room we were placed on the smoking floor (apparently because of the high occupancy rate) which reeked of stale tobacco. This was a real pity as the room itself was enormous with everything you could ever want, including a good quality coffee machine. Sadly there was no decaf available and when I asked about this I was told I would have to buy coffee at the bar. Hmm

The area nearby is excellent though. You are about 200 yards from Checkpoint Charlie, a mile or so from the Berlin Dom/Museum Mile, etc and also the same distance from the Brandenberg Gate/Reichstag area. In all an impressive location.

I would stay again but only in a non smoking room.

There are also plenty of places nearby for Breakfast - so there's no need to prepay for this.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2010

The staff at this Hotel are very good and always try to help, this is the 4th time at this Hotel and they always look after me with a good room, I will be going back soon.

Keep up the good work.
Sean Read

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2010

hotel was within easy walking distance of many attractions - or we could easliy catch the U Bahn
Hotel was clean, rooms were clean and airconditioned - great for the hot July in Berlin. Rooms were large - beds were comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful.
The bar led out into the courtyard or Hof - very quiet and peaceful.
B/fasts were expensive at 18 Euros - but there were sevaral coffee / bakeries close by.
WiFi was free in the lobby.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple