“A hidden gem for the price conscious” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of art'otel berlin kudamm

art'otel berlin kudamm
Ranked #189 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem for the price conscious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at the Art'Otel, the first time was 5 years ago, and again in August 2013. I really enjoyed my stay the first time and I was not disappointed in staying again.

I have to caveat my review in saying this is not a 5 star hotel, you don't get every amenity under the sun, but for the very competitive price you pay, I do think it is a hidden gem for West Berlin.

What makes a hotel, in my view, is the customer service. I think this is where the Art Hotel excels and fundamentally makes me want to come here again and to recommend to others. Friendly, courteous, and helpful are just a few of the choice words I can use. Every request I had was met quickly, with little fuss and a smile, you can't ask for more.

The hotel itself is clean, modern looking (if you like that sort of thing), and the rooms (for the price paid) are well point together, comfortable and a decent size. A nice touch, is that you have free WiFi throughout the whole of the hotel.

Although the hotel is slightly out of the way with regard to all the more touristy stuff in the East and the clubs/bars, the area you're situated is decent, and the U-Bahn (Metro) is no more than a 7 minute walk away from the hotel (and I would recommend using it, take you everywhere you'll want to go and it's quick and cheap). You also have two Kaiser's (supermarkets) less than a 5 - 7 minute walk away, so you can get all your food and essentials cheaper than probably in central Berlin.

Overall, highly recommended, would stay there again if I come back to Berlin.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear JMacDaid,

it’s been a real pleasure to read your fantastic feedback on Tripadvisor. Thank you very much!
We are very happy to have seen you return after all those years.
I really loved to hear that you were so satisfied with our customer service, which is obviously the most important for us.

On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for your visit and hope to see you again when you are back in Berlin next time.

+49 30 887777-0

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Montorgiali, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great position, close to the commercial centre of the city, large roorms and toilet, the only problem was the central heating, it was not possible to change it and the room was cold... besides it was noisy and even if we referred the problem the hotel management didn't try to sort it out. On the contrary the continental breakfast was very good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Daniele G,

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding our breakfast and the location.
We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

brussels
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had en booking at art'otel in Berlin. Everything went well. People were very friendly. Rooms were clean en comfortable. The hotel is a bit away from the centre of the city but there's a metro station nearby

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear bededo,

thank you very much for the lovely feedback you have given us.

We are just a 2 min. walk from the Kurfürstendamm, which is the main shopping street in Berlin and therefore right in the middle of West Berlin. Obviously if you are interested in East Berlin, you need to take public transport to get there.

On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for your visit and hope to see you again when you are back in Berlin.

Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

On the face of it, we liked the concept and the price of this hotel for a 4 night stay in Berlin. The price was good, as was the
location. A few things really ruined it for us though. Firstly the rooms are very small, ok for maybe a one or two night stay, but no more. We were carrying cases due to this being part of a 2 week tour, and it was very hard to fine anywhere to put things. Admittedly, Germany is going through a heat wave, but the hotel said there was air conditioning, but backed out when we discovered it didn't blow cold air. They said it was heating only, and that only hot countries needed cold air (as we speak it was 40deg C today). Air con is expected nowadays, and the literature was a lie basically. When the tv is one of these fancy 'wave your hand in the air to change channel' things, you'd expect that if they can spend money on rubbish like that, they can afford air con in the rooms. The electrics are wired up very strangely. If you turn the lights off, it also turns the sockets off, so you can't charge phones and cameras. The phone was so confusing it was impossible to dial reception. All in all, this hotel is a bit pretentious without being such a great location that you could forgive its faults. Maybe we stayed too long and at the wrong time of year, but I can't wait to move on.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank silvershower
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Silvershower,

we appreciate you taking the time to give us some valuable feedback.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the art’otel berlin city center west I apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at our hotel.

Unfortunately during your stay the City West has been effected by a power cut, caused by the local electricity company-this also caused the a/c to stop working. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and are pleased to inform you, that it's functioning again by now.

In regards to the size of the room: we also offer art rooms xl and art suites, only for a small supplement charge. Please contact us prior to your stay if you would like to book one of these.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

Email: khagenbucher@pphe.com
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

A good hotel with a Andy Warhol-theme. Quite fresh and cool I think(but what do I know?)
Nice big and quiet rooms, good beds.
Breakfast is OK.
I found it very central, only 3 min from Ku'damm.
Would love to come back to this Hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Seudo V
Dear Seudo V,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

As you can see from the hotel pics, it is new and modern. Basic but clean, and the staff were great. I thought I had left something behind, and when I emailed them asking to have a look, they were very responsive. The closest metro stop is about a 10 min walk though, and there aren't many things going on around the hotel other than restaurants. It faces a big street so can get noisy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear DownUnderUpOver,

we appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback via Tripadvisor, especially regarding our staff, which we really loved to hear!

If you would like to have a more quiet room for your next stay, just contact us prior to your arrival so we can allocate you one if available.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the art'otel berlin city center west we would like to thank you for your visit and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Son, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We made a last minute booking and were welcomed by a very accommodating man named Robert(I think). Check in was fast and we were given early check in. Room was clean, well equipped with coffee maker, pay TV, minibar and A/C. The room was quiet and bed comfortable. The staff is very serviceminded and the barman funny. We enjoyed 2 luches and spent an evening in the Factory bar. Great atmosphere. Breakfast is tastefull. The area has many nice restaurants, cafèes and close to Kudamm and many nice stores.
Would definitely recommend this hotel and will consider this hotel the next time I visit Berlin.
The staff really has the "Yes, I can!"-attitude.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Aasefager
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Aasefager,

I have shared your comments with the team members you’ve mentioned and of course the entire team, we’re delighted to have provided a great experience for you.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.