“Nice pretty clean hotel”

art'otel berlin kudamm
Ranked #200 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I was really impressed with this - good value, clean and spacious and the decor was a bit out of the ordinary. The breakfast and bar were good. Much better than the first hotel I stayed in in Berlin and about the same price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear Clare P,

thank you very much for the lovely feedback you have given us. It was great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated our arty decor.

On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for your visit and hope to see you again when you are back in Berlin.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I used Priceline and ended up with this hotel ($60 per night in late October). What a great surprise. Extremely nice staff, spacious rooms, large bathroom, and less than 5 min walk to the metro. Breakfast was pretty good. You can rent a bike from the hotel which was very convenient to explore the city with. Free computers with internet to use for free in lobby.

I would stay here again. I want to emphasize how nice the staff was. Always smiling.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Dear cmazhk,

thank you very much for the lovely feedback you have given us. I was very pleased to hear that you had such a fantastic stay with us and especially that you have taken the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel was a big disspointment, they didn't have a double bed eventho we ask for it 3 months in advace, the beds are very crappy the kind you sink into it everytime you move.
Our room seemed
Although the location is in the center of the city, it was not very close form any station
The staff was not very kind

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LolaCam
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Pixicar,

we appreciate you taking the time to give us some valuable feedback in Tripadvisor.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the art’otel berlin city center west I apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel.
I'd like to take the opportunity to inform you that unfortunately we can not guarantee any room types you have booked, this is always a request. However, next time just contact us prior to your arrival so we can try our best to accommodate your requested room type. Should we be fully booked during your stay, we are more than happy to offer you a room move the following day.
Regarding our staff, as you can see we mostly receive very positive comments. Therefore I am very surprised that you felt they were not kind at all.
Unfortunately you didn't speak to me during your stay so we didn't have the chance to make your time with us a more pleasant experience. Please do so directly next time in order to avoid any disappointments.
However, please be ensured that we appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

The name is Art'otel and you have everywhere Warhol - walls, carpets, pictures. It is an average hotel, breakfast is OK, The restaurant is not open for dinner, room service is at limited times but there are a lot of options around so not a problem. Gym is one small room but again OK. The hotel is also conveniently located.

The issue for me was that the last day when I was leaving, I saw the staff chasing a mouse in the lobby and it looked like they are doing something regular so... no comment.

1  Thank LoraTraveling
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear LoraTraveling,

thank you very much for the lovely feedback you have given us.
Please accept our sincerest apologies regarding the mouse you have spotted. I can ensure you that this has happened for the first time and won't happen anymore as we have immediately contacted pest control. Probably you have spotted the construction site next door from where the mouse came, as they were digging up the street.
I would also like to inform you that we are serving room service from 6:30 (when breakfast starts) till 22:00. Also we have a street food dinner menu which we are serving every night in our FACTORY bar. My apologies if you haven't been informed thoroughly during your stay.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed just one night, room 719, facing the back, very quiet on the top floor. Room size larger than expected, but the hotel is closer to be a 3-star than a 4-star. Nothing to complain about, exept is was quite impossible to find out how to use Wifi for free, all attempts ended up requireing a credit card and a fee of € 9.
Did not take breakfast, too expensive. Paid € 60 booked on the internet. Berlin hotels are inexpensive compared to many other large cities in Germany.
I could walk to Kurfürstendam in 5 minutes, and had a meal at the Italian American restaurant Capone, OK, but waited long for the check. A little further in the same direction is Savigny platz with a wider choice of restaurants than on the corner of Kurfürstendam where I ate. A long walk to KaDeWe. If you come from Tegel airport with the X9 express bus, do not go all the way to the end station Zoo, try to leave the bus near Uhland strasse, - it is closer to the hotel.
The reaturant in the hotel did not look very inviting, and it was empty in the evening.
There is a safe in the room, and a minibar. The bathroom was good with a nice shower.

Room Tip: There is not much to see around the hotel, so try to get a room facing the back, it is very quiet. T...
1  Thank Svein
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Svein,

thank you very much fpr posting a review and some nice pictures of our hotel on Tripadvisor.

On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for your visit and hope to see you again when you are back in Berlin next time.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We enjoyed a spacious well equipped room. The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfasts delicious. We enjoyed the gallery of Warhol prints and photographs which decorated the rooms and corridors. The location was good for the galleries and sights of West Berlin and particularly for shopping. The train system was efficient for visiting the museums and attractions further east. We thought it was excellent value for a hotel of this quality.

Room Tip: We paid extra for a superior room which glancing into other rooms was well worth doing.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jasione

Dear Jasione,

thank you very much for your fabulous feedback!
We were very pleased to hear you had such a fantastic time with us and that you enjoyed the more than 250 originals & prints and photos of Andy Warhol. If you are interested, we also offer a complimentary art tour, just contact us during your next stay.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We started here on 9/24, 25 & 26. It is 1 block off the Kudamm and close to the Ubahn. Very convenient. We had stayed here before in an older room. OUr room this time was newer but smaller. The bathroom is very small but efficient. The room is quiet and the staff are very helpful. I would stay here again because of the price and the location. Great hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Gabbiesgma,

it’s been a real pleasure to read your great feedback on Tripadvisor.
Thanks for mentioning our central location. We are very close to several public transport stops as well as the main shopping road in Berlin-the Ku'damm.
I am pleased you liked our "older" bedrooms as well as the new ones. They have a completely different style so it's just a matter of taste which one you prefer.
Also big thank you for the nice comment regarding our staff, which I have forwarded to everyone already.