“Sobering But Educational”

and up
Small-Group Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial Walking Tour from Berlin
Ranked #23 of 370 Tours in Berlin
More attraction details
Owner description: Mosaic Tours e.V. is the only organization providing regularly-scheduled public tours to the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial. All profits are donated to various charities. We have small groups, passionate knowledgeable guides, and are proud to offer a more personalized service - at the same market rates - as other companies to the powerful former Concentration Camp.
Healdsburg, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Sobering But Educational”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I wanted to see the Concentration Camp that was closest to Berlin. What I didn't realize was that the camp had been converted to a prison by the Soviets, so very little of the camp itself remains. However, our guide separated the history succinctly so that we understood each period of time correctly. This non-profit group charges a minimal amount for the tour. Highly recommended.

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very sad tour handled fantastically”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I've visited a concentration camp in Germany before and it completely overwhelmed me, it took 4 years for me to decide to see another one and i believe mosaic tours handled it perfectly. Pietro our tour guide was very well informed and took us through the camp slowly and respectfully. He is very approachable guide who interacts with the group and tells stories of the camp that often is missed in other tours. For 12 euros for a student it is very well priced and well worth the visit. Remember to bring a packed lunch it is a long day

Visited October 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great tour”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

This tour was extremely interesting and worthwhile.
Pietro (our guide) was very knowledgable and very sensitive when talking about the happenings at Sachenhausen. It was very interesting to hear about the use of the camp by the Soviet Union as well as Nazis.

For 12 euro for students this tour was really well priced and I'm glad that we did it.

Visited October 2013
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Sachesnhausen, a great tour of the first concentration camp in Germany.”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We felt that we could not come to Germany without experincing and visiting a concentration camp. The mosaic non-profit tour did not disapoint, and as an added bonus it is a non for profit tour.
Our english speaking tour guide Pietro was fantatsic at explaining and describing the experiences and lives of those held at Sachesnhausen. Pietro was respectful with all of his information and discussed the 'reasoning' behind why particular groups of people were taken prisoner.
The tour takes into account all that occurred there and does not just focus on WW2 and the Nazi involvement.
A must for anybody visiting Berlin.

Melbourne, Australia
“A must see, and not something to profit from- a perfect tour.”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I wanted to see one of the concentration camps from WW2 to gain a little more insight into what I had only read about from afar. By going with a guide, it meant that I could learn much more than I would have alone. The guide was fantastic, meeting us in the city and ensuring we all got home on the right trains to our accommodation after the tour. I will not forget my day there and I think it is something that everyone should do so we do not forget what happened. Thanks Mosaic.