The Hotel California may at first seem like a "cheesey" place to stay, but in fact provided us with an excellent base for a short city break to Berlin. Having first read the reviews on TA I was not at all put off by some of the les flattering ones. From Tegel Airport (sadly to close next year) the 109 bus takes you to within 100 yards of the door for 2.40 euros and takes around 30 minutes. Check in was fine, the staff speaking excellent English. The hotel is an older building and so the rooms are not massive, but the ceilings are amazingly high. We stayed at the rear and were amazed by the quietness of the city midweek. No sirens, and that's something you can't say about many European cities especially London. Breakfast was included in our room rate and was once again excellent. A huge variety of foodstuffs on offer and the staff were very effecient at replenishing anything getting low. Breakfast here was great and the played The Eagles Hotel California several times. U Bahn station is about 200 metres from the hotel so getting about was not a problem. The only slightly negative thing was that the rooms didn't have a kettle. We took our own! The hotel bar was as good as many on the Ku Dam, and on both nights of our stay we found excellent restaurants nearby. As city centre hotels go this place is really good value for money. I'd stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic ambiance meets big city modernity. In excellent location at the Kurfuerstendamm, the world famous boulevard, our hotel is situated in a building combining history and design. 160 Rooms and suites equipped with modern interior combined with perfect service offer highest comfort. The modern spa sees to relaxation from urban life in Berlin city center west. A bar with a boulevard cafe and a backyard in the quiet courtyard invites to rest. Hotel California combines tasteful elegance with historic charm - such a lovely place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your California am Kurfurstendamm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- California Am Kurfurstendamm Berlin
- California Am Kurfurstendamm Hotel Berlin