“Excellent Hotel”
Review of Grand Hyatt Berlin

Grand Hyatt Berlin
Ranked #22 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Good location and very nicely designed rooms.
Breakfast was good and service at all times excellent.
Nice spa and decent sized pool for a hotel.
I wonder at some of the bad reviews these places get!
People must be ridiculously fussy.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Dear rockydill,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences at Grand Hyatt Berlin. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay by trying both, the restaurant and our spa. Please be assured that I already have shared your great feedback with my team. I am especially glad to read your words concerning our service, as it is our highest aim to meet the guest’s expectations.

With kind regards

There are newer reviews for Grand Hyatt Berlin

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Great hotel with excellent service. Breakfast buffet is top notch, same with hotel restaurant VOX. Prime location both for shopping, experiencing historical sites and for authentic German food experiences. Hotel is recently refurbished, room is large with nice beds. Highly recommended.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear Alexander S,

Thanks a lot for resuming your stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin on TripAdvisor. From day to day the entire team tries to offer the best possible service, which is why I am especially happy about your great words concerning our staff. Furthermore It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed one of our new rooms.
Again, many thanks for your recommendation. We truly hope to welcome you back in not too far future.

Best regards

Reviewed August 19, 2014

This hotel delivers every time. Very good location, ultra quiet, pitch dark when you lower the shades. Great bathroom and shower. I think they have new beds, perfect mix of soft and firm for me. Clean, nice spa whats not to like. Fourth time i think staying here and will return.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo

Dear WorldTRavelRod,

Thank your for staying at Grand Hyatt and for writing such a positive feedback.
It is great to read that you had a good time with us and we were able to meet your expectations. As we just renewed our rooms I am pleased that you liked the facilities and also took the time to enjoy in our Club Olympus Spa & Fitness.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back soon.

With kind regards

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Excellent staff. Great rooms (very clean and well layer very nice bathroom). Potsdamer platz location is convent to get around the city as the U2 is just a few short blocks away. restaurants are plenty in the area.

Dear Samuel D,

Thank you very much for your kind words about your stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin. It is a great satisfaction to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the German capital. With pleasure I noted that you liked both, the facilities and our staff. Please rest assured that I will tell my team about your positive feedback.
We keep looking forward to keep hosting you during your next visits in our beautiful city. Should you need any help by planning your next trip to Berlin, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

From a long road trip arriving at the hotel, we've been welcomed by happy smily face gentleman who was more than happy to park our car. Check in was a breeze and the friendly host gave us a bit of what we can expect from the hotel and surroundings. Walking into our room our luggage was already placed and we found a lovely hand written card with chocolates and fresh fruit welcoming us to the Hyatt family, wow that was really a moment to cherish. We settled in our spacious room exploring the the city of Berlin and return to what felt to be our home away from home. Breakfast on a daily basis was relaxed and the Restaurant Mesa was simply mouth watering. The tapas style menu was just perfect and left us with so much smiles and satisfying stomachs. It's a must venue to stay at where everything is so central. We will most definitely go back!!!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Boerierol,

It was a true pleasure to read this detailed feedback about your recent stay with us in the German capital. As the highest aim of every Grand Hyatt employee is the comfort and satisfaction of our guests, your words are very motivating to all of us. Rest assured that I already have shared them with all departments. We direct our attention to the design and art of the hotel, which is why I am delighted that you had a good impression of our renewed rooms and facilities. Furthermore I am glad to hear that you felt welcome, because this is the most important to have a good start in a foreign city.
Again, thank you very much for your kind words! The entire team remains at your disposal for any further questions.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

We did a 2-day city break in Berlin and were lucky enough to stay here at a reduced rate. The hotel is incredibly modern and interesting, with the nicest bathroom I have ever seen. Really helpful staff, super breakfast and all in a great location. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: Ask for the double grand king room
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Dear ChristopherTD,

I was delighted to read that your stay was to your entire satisfaction and that you liked the hotel’s facilities. With pleasure I will share your great words about our staff and the breakfast you enjoyed with my entire team. It is great you felt so comfortable with us and enjoyed two wonderful days in Berlin. Thank you very much for your recommendation!
The Grand Hyatt Berlin looks forward to welcoming you back in not too far future. Should you need any assistance by planning your next trip to the German capital, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I have always loved Grand hyatt and is always my first choice whenever I travel. However, I'm quite disappointed at the service in Grand hyatt berlin. When we checked in, we were not informed of any renovation going on in the hotel and that there would be noise in the morning. So the first morning, I was awaken at 8am by loud sound of hammering and drilling. At first I thought it was from somewhere outside. And it happened again the 2nd morning and I was convinced that it was from the rooms above. So I asked the reception what's going on and the man at the reception told me there's a little renovation going on in some rooms but we were not supposed to hear any noise. I told him the noise was very loud and disturbing. He was quite surprised and told me that he's gonna check what happened and get back to me later. The most DISAPPOINTING thing is that he NEVER got back to me. I waited the whole day but did not hear anything from him. Is this supposed to be the service in Grand Hyatt?

Anyway, other than that, room is great as always in Grand hyatt. Spacious, clean room, comfortable bed and good location. Good selection of breakfast too.

2  Thank JuLiaNi87

Dear JuLiaNi8,

Thank you very much for your taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel with us. With pleasure I read that the Grand Hyatt is your first choice for travelling. I appreciate the honest feedback you shared because it is of tremendous value to us and plays an important role in monitoring the quality of our services.
I am very sorry for the inconveniences and please be assured that this surely is not the standard you clearly can expect and that I already talked to my team.
You are totally right that this is not the best service at Grand Hyatt and I cannot apologize enough. Therefore I would like to get in contact with you personally to talk about your stay.

We hope that you will give us a second opportunity to host you during your next visit in Berlin and hope to make you feel just more than welcome the next stay with us.

With best regards