“Great location, fine service”
Review of Grand Hyatt Berlin

Grand Hyatt Berlin
Ranked #20 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
New York
“Great location, fine service”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We were lucky enough to be on the Grand Club floor, which made the stay much more enjoyable. The location is fabulous, right next to the major museums, a shopping center with casual, inexpensive food options, an excellent staff. The only negative was the internet signal. We were unable to connect within our room; we had to go to the Club to get a good signal. If this matters to you, try to get a room near the Club. That would probably solve the problem.

Room Tip: Again, internet is best near the Club.
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear NewYorkWendy,

Thank you for your very kind words. I was very pleased to read that you had a wonderful time during your stay with us. Furthermore, I am pleased to read that our location suited you perfectly. I am sorry for the inconvenience with our internet connection; please be assured that we have exchanged the port in your room and the internet is now working properly again. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind regards,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bayreuth, Germany
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Great hotel at the very heart of Berlin. Exquisite interior design in the hotel and in the room. Great spacious rooms with a fantastic bathroom offering both shower and bathtub. Vox bar with every night live music offers great cocktails and atmosphere. Beverages are pricey but average for a 5* hotel.

GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Michael B,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share the experience of your stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin. We are happy that our redesigned rooms meet your taste and expectations. As a five-star hotel, the comfort of our guests is always our highest concern. I am also very pleased to read that you enjoyed our Vox bar and could relax with one of our tasty cocktails. I look forward to having you back again as a guest in the near future.

Best regards from Berlin,
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Spacious rooms, with excellent in-house facilities and is well located amidst shops, arcades, local attractions and art neighborhood. You can see the highlights of Berlin on foot from the hotel. The airport is a mere 30 minutes by taxi. The quality of food and level of service is welcoming.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear 550hashima,

Thank you for your very kind words. I am happy that your expectations could be met and that you shared your kind words of appreciation with us, since this motivates our team the most. Furthermore, I am pleased to read that our location suited you perfectly. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Isle of Man
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights and cant fault anything, staff are superb I would like to mention Ayse at breakfast who was friendly and ultra efficient. Food amazing the breakfast buffet definately has the wow factor, the sauna is the best I have used and the room was spotless. I am now so relaxed its great. Dont even hesitate when thinking of booking here, if I return to Berlin this is a definate. Central location close to shops and bars etc.. I would like to thank Catherine who helped me make my reservation, very profesional and helpful.
Thankyou.

• Stayed April 2014
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear NickyIsleofMan,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for you very positive review. I was very pleased to read that you had a wonderful time during your stay with us. Moreover, I have read your kind words of appreciation and you can be sure that our staff will get to hear them as well. I am also happy to read that you enjoyed our Hyatt Breakfast, and that our location suited you perfectly. Since you enjoyed our Spa a lot, I hope you had the opportunity to try one of our signature treatments at Club Olympus Fitness the next time you visit Berlin. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind regards,
Doha
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Spent two enjoyable nights at this hotel. Highlights are the friendy staff and the fantastic location. Hotel rooms themselves are very nice, if maybe lacking a little in atmosphere...but thats just down to personal taste.

There were only two issues for us, but these would not stop us returning.

1. On the reservation we requested a feather free room, however this had not been arranged. I did ask at check-in if this had been sorted out and from the somewhat vague response my hopes were not high as we made our way up to the room. Just a liitle frustrating when you check-in late anyway, and then have to wait for housekeeping to come and change the bed linen before you can really relax, shower etc..

2. Found that the service at breakfast was a little on the slow side. Took more than 5 mins after being seated to find a waiter to simply place a hot drinks order. Maybe I am just too used to the exceptional levels of service at hotels in the Middle East, but I still felt that this was too long to wait...let alone then having to try and get the attention of a staff member, of which there appeared to be too few. Management at the hotel have already emailed me to apologise for this (which was appreciated) as I also raised it in feedback directly to the hotel.

We had a room facing into the centre of the hotel. This did not offer much of a view...but was probably quieter than one facing the street.

1 Thank ExpatNB
Dear ExpatNB,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to give feedback on our hotel. Please be sure that your kind words will be shared with the entire team. Furthermore, I am pleased to read that our location suited you perfectly. I am sorry for the inconveniences and I want you to know that I will talk to the responsible colleagues to improve our service. We hope to welcome you back at Grand Hyatt Berlin and to prove that we are able to live up to your expectations.

Makati, Philippines
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Room was very clean and quiet. Bathroom was exceptionally nice. Staff were all very friendly, and no problem about late check out at 2pm. Limousine service was very prompt, chauffeur was polite and friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Julita F,

Thank you so much for your very positive feedback. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the design of our rooms. Your appraisal is what motivates our team most to provide excellent service every day. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2014

It is disappointing when a hitherto excellent hotel's standards appear to slip slightly on a further stay, though the staff remain professional and friendly, and it is hard to be specific about what is not quite right when it remains above average. The Club floor revamp has made a marginal improvement, though there are still no hot snacks in the evening. My room temperature could not be cooled below 20C at night. And at breakfast in the main (nearly empty) restaurant, the waiters still served single cups of coffee rather than providing a pot - with inherent delays in getting refills, despite very few patrons. Moreover, the scrambled egg was akin to a chopped up omelette. And on departure on a quiet Sunday, there was no help available with luggage. I have given the hotel the benefit of the doubt with the rating above, since the combination of issues was perhaps unusual. The management have promised a free night by way of compensation: it will be interesting to see if standards are back up to excellent levels.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Quodnumquamscis
Dear Quodnumquamscis,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to give feedback on our hotel. I am sorry that your expectations could not be met, but I can assure you that we work daily on improving our service. Please rest assured that your feedback was taken seriously. I have also carefully read your comments regarding the incident at breakfast. I am sorry for this unfortunate incident an you can be sure that this issue will be discussed internally to avoid future situations like this.

Kindest regards,