“Very nice and pleasant stay”
Review of Grand Hyatt Berlin

Grand Hyatt Berlin
Ranked #19 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Service was really good and the room was very clean and comfortable. The hotel is located very close to the Sony centre in Berlin and close to the underground station. Brandenburg gate and Reichstag are just 10-15mins walk away. Dinner at the Vox restaurant was very nice. Breakfast was overpriced with limited choices of hot food. Overall it was a very nice hotel and would recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for your positive feedback on Grand Hyatt Berlin.
I am pleased to read that you had a very nice and pleasant stay. Your recommendation is the highest compliment to us.
With great attention I have read your remark concerning our breakfast prices. May I recommend our “Bed & Breakfast” offer, including daily Hyatt breakfast and late checkout at weekends.
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,205)

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Grand Hyatt Berlin for three night and we enjoyed the hotel. I definitely like the open bathroom concept and enjoyed the hotel spa and restaurants. Rooms are clean, spacious, and provide all the necessary amenities. We particularly enjoyed VOX and it's authentic Japanese cuisine and the real wasabi. I would like to take a chance to thank our waitress Claudia for the beautiful romantic dinner we had in VOX and later a drink in Titian by the cozy fireplace. She was so attentive and friendly that I can say it probably was the best restaurant service experience until now.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Julie D,
Firstly, thank you for having taken the time to review our hotel.
I am happy that you and your husband enjoyed your three-night stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin. It was a pleasure to read that you had the opportunity to try our fresh wasabi at Vox restaurant. I will share your words of appreciation with Claudia, as this is a great motivation for her.
For your next stay may I recommend our romance package including champagne and strawberries as well as daily Hyatt breakfast and late checkout.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

This hotel was in a great location, easy access to public transpiration, restaurants, and attractions. No kids area for children but, they do ofer cribs with children's robes and slippers, very cute! Also a park, Lego land, and a dunkin donuts in walking distance. We would stay at this hotel again. I was not very impressed with the restaurant/bar in the hotel of children.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Vanessa M,
Thank you for your review of Grand Hyatt Berlin.
I am happy to read that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel and especially liked our central location.
I have also read your comments concerning our children’s offer at our restaurants and at our bar. In fact we are currently creating more opportunities for children in our restaurants. In the near future children will be able to have a fun time in our Vox restaurant at the weekends.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed one night in a Grand Suite. The suite was comfortable, but really quite small for a suite. One room consisted of desk, minibar (complimentary and very well stocked) and a sofa with table, the other room had the bed and entrance to the comfortable bathroom. We loved the bed, the shower and bath products. Ordered room service food which arrived quickly and was very tasty. Coming back late at night, we found that the room had been turned down, but dirty plates from the room service meal was still in the suite where we had left it. Really not nice to get back to food leftovers - this is jut not good enough. We called down to complain, mentioned it again by check out, but have not heard from them yet... Breakfast delicious and we were happy having stayed there in spite of the mistake by turn down service.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Musken,
Thank you for reviewing Grand Hyatt Berlin.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your short stay in one of our suites. It was a pleasure to read that you had the opportunity to try our amenities too.
However, I have read your remarks regarding our room service. Rest assured that I take your comments very seriously and have already spoken with our housekeeping department. I apologise for not handling your complaint in time.
For your next stay may I recommend trying a signature massage at our Club Olympus Spa & Fitness which provides breathtaking views over the rooftops of Berlin-Mitte.
We hope to welcome you back at Grand Hyatt Berlin and to prove that we are able to live up to your expectations.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The location of the hotel is just perfect near the Potsdamer square. The rooms are beautiful, spacious and nicely designed. I arrived after a long flight at 7 a.m. and the room was available. Overall the stay was very pleasant

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear Batia L,
Thank you very much for your positive feedback.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed the design of our rooms as well as our central location.
For your next stay, may I recommend trying one of our restaurants. After a long flight breakfast in our Vox restaurant offers the ideal relaxing start to your day.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Lobby entrance and hallways are a little spartan. The street entrance wasn't that impressive. But the rooms are very nice. I didn't have a huge room, but it has a really nice layout, with a great use of space in the bathroom, a nice char near the TV. I like the decor... all a little bit different than your typical nice American business hotel, and in a good way.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Chris B,
Thank you very much for reviewing Grand Hyatt Berlin.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed our modern rooms and especially the décor.

For your next stay, may I recommend trying our Club Olympus Spa & Fitness on the 8th floor. There you are able to enjoy the breath-taking view overlooking the rooftops of Berlin while having a swim in our heated pool.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

In the heart of Berlin's fabulously rebuilt new cultural centre Potsdamer Platz, the Hyatt offers elegance and practicality, along with German efficiency on a grand scale. The rooms are furnished with top end luxuries such as a delightful bathroom, complete with glass walled wet room including a double ended bath and separate shower; Bang & Olufsen TV and an impressive, whole of wall, floor to ceiling, remote controlled, black out blind! We enjoyed the use of a king size bedroom and our children shared a twin room down the hall (which would have been adjacent if the travel agent had done their job properly). Beware that level 4 has smoking permitted rooms and as our travel agent had also not requested non-smoking rooms, we were a little plagued by the smell when walking the corridor! With an efficient heating system and proper opening windows though, we were able to enjoy our gorgeous rooms with their white velvety robes and fluffy towels and comfy beds. The breakfast buffet was the best I have EVER had (and that is quite an achievement!) with a dazzling array of fruits, freshly squeezed juices, the option to juice your own from bowls of healthy fruit and veg, fresh breads, rolls, fish, meats, croissants, eggs (hard, soft or cooked to your special order) and hot drinks of a quality rarely seen and never expected. Try asking for hot chocolate, there is a choice of types, both excellent, but the one which arrives as a large cup of steamed milk and 3 tumblers of different chocolate drops, is not to be missed for the genuine chocaholic! The staff were friendly and seemingly honour-bound to quietly and efficiently make your stay absolutely perfect! I highly recommend this hotel not just for the relaxing sense of perfection throughout, but as it is located a short walk from the Potsdamer Platz train station (be sure to use the public transport; it is easy, inexpensive, clean and not a 'zoo'!). A short stroll will find you at theatres, cinemas, the IMAX, Berlin Philarmonic, Sony Centre, Legoland Discovery Centre, Panoramapunkt and of course the marvellous Arkade shopping centre!

Room Tip: Level 4 has smoking rooms.