“A perfect stay, perfect hotel and very nice staff and room on the club level.”
Review of Grand Hyatt Berlin

Grand Hyatt Berlin
Ranked #18 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Grand Hyatt in Berlin. 3 nights on the club level, perfect stay.
We went to the Hyatt in Berlin on October 25. Our navigation did bring us to the parking. This is under the hotel and more than enough spaces on three levels. A lift takes you to the lobby. We arrived at 2.15 pm. The very friendly lady at the desk checked us in, we had a room at club level but the room wasn’t ready. Official the check in time is 3 pm and the lady told us that we could wait in the club lounge. Another very friendly young men behind the desk helped us with our luggage. They bring the luggage to the room when it is ready. Directly an other friendly young men take us to the lounge on the 7th floor. Here we are introduced to our personal concierge Kevin. A very friendly young men who told us about the lounge and give us a personal letter with all necessary information, like a personal telephone number etc. We arrive in the lounge at the time that coffee and pastry was served. We did get everything we wanted. Thee, coffee al kind of soft drinks. Several kind of pastry and all tasted perfect. After an half hour our room was ready and Kevin give us the key. We had a view over the Marlene Dietrich Platz. The room was ready but the luggage was not yet there. After calling Kevin everything was arranged is less than 5 minutes.
The room is a good size room with everything you need, from a cold minibar, warm minibar, fruit, living plants and some candy. Also the bathroom was complete. A TV/radio, bath, separate toilet and bathrobes with slippers. Off course all you need for in bath, mouth water and body lotion. Everything spotless clean and the lights and curtain are electric operated with a box on both sides of the bed. You can hear some noise from the street for example if a car is honking. For us perfectly quit.
We went every day to the club lounge and on Saturday Jennifer was our personal assistant. A very nice (and beautiful) young lady who helped us in every way she could. Nothing was too much, everything we asked she directly arranged for us. From drinks or food until tickets and information for everything. In the lounge after 6 am you could get also alcohol drinks and as much as you want all kind off snacks. For example chicken in a special dressing, cheese, lettuce with a very nice dressing and several desserts. All very tasty and we didn’t find anything wrong. If our glass was almost empty Jennifer (also Kevin and others) helped us with new drinks and did keep the whole place clean.
In the morning the lounge was transferred in the breakfast lounge. All kind of bread, fresh fruit, cheese, salmon and sweet stuff was there. Also al kind of eggs you can think of can be ordered. You can take coffee, tea or soft drinks by yourself but also one everybody will help you. Again ( I can’t say it enough) you can ask everything. And yes everything was of a high quality and very tasty.
As mentioned the club level is on the 7th floor, only one floor above us was the spa and swimming pool. We went to the pool with the only lift who gets to the 8th floor. After checking in (name and time entering the spa / pool) we walked to the pool. There is kind off spa (‘yet pool’) and the swimming pool itself. This all come with a view over the city. Also you can use the fitness area or all kind of spa treatments. Also here very kind personal and a very relaxing area. Don’t forget to go there. It’s not only for the club level but all people who sleep in the Hyatt.
Everything was just perfect, nothing was wrong for us. We recommend this hotel to everybody. And yes the club level is higher in price but worth every penny. Grand Hyatt thanks for our perfect stay.

Room Tip: Club level
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Ronald V,

Thank you so much for your very comprehensive and positive review.

Rest assured that your words of appreciation are very well received. Since positive feedback is our best motivation, I will share your words with my team – especially with Kevin and Jenny.
Your high praise of our facilities and service – this time I can’t say it enough – is the greatest compliment to us. Moreover, thank you so much for recommending our hotel.
For your next stay may I recommend having a night at our Vox bar, where Mirko May will be happy to guide you through our selection of more than 240 whisky blends or will mix a cocktail to your individual taste.
We hope to having you back again in the near future. Kevin and the Club Olympus look forward to welcoming you again.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,167)

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was nice and newly renovated, one of the best Hyatt we stayed at and we are platinum members. Restaurants below are great dinning places and a block from the sony center and a mall. There is also a Starbucks across the street if your craving one and a McDonald's if your kids are.

The only problem we had was checking out we told them out flight was really early in the morning so we requested a wake up call at 2:30am but nobody told us that it was daylight saving time so when we got to the airport we were an hour early. ( thank god it's backwards not forwards or we would have been late) When we checked out at 3:30 there was no bellhop so we carried our bags out and waited for a taxi for over 10 min outside the front door until we decided to drag our bags to the corner of the street to grab a taxi. I know its early but did not expect this at a Grand Hyatt.

Otherwise the hotel and it's amenities were nice.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear ED_HOF,

Thank you for rating Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed our central location as well as our modern rooms.
However, I am dismayed to read your remarks about your check-out and I much regret that we did not provide you with a hassle-free experience. Be assured that I have already taken care of the daylight saving issue and I must apologise for any inconvenience caused. Thank you once again for your really useful feedback.
On your next stay I would like to recommend to you our mesa restaurant where typical German specialties are served. It is an ideal place for both adults and children.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 26, 2013

My worst stay in the last 5 years (and I spend 100+ hotel nights a year). This one is a never never again.

Arrived at 3.30 pm but was told my room wasn't ready but it wasn't their fault as the guest hadn't checked out. I waited 15 mins, logged and checked that many rooms were available so came back and asked whether I could be assigned another room. The person said that no since the available rooms were in a higher category. I answered that well given I was diamond, the official policy of hyatt was to get an upgrade to best available room. She grumbled and then told me that city view rooms were more noisy and guests didn't like them. Ok so why price them higher? Anyway I almost had to beg (the guest hadn't checked out so my room was not going to be available for another couple of hours) I was finally attributed another room.

Came the night and I wend to the concierge to get some advice to go to the cinema and watch a movie. The answer was a first. There are tons of cinemas and films, just go to our business centre and find out. Ok but which cinemas are in English? which are closet? what are the names of the cinemas?

Then came the breakfast. I waited 20 mins on my table to get attention. Staff always clearly ignored me and served other guests instead.

First time in my life, in a hotel, I felt I was discouraged to come again (and I certainly won't). Hard to understand why that would be but for the first time the fact I look a little exotic seems to have made a difference.

Location is good, hotel decor a miss in my opinion.

5  Thank CKGeneva

Dear CKGeneva,

Thank you very much for your honest feedback on your stay with us.

I am truly sorry to hear that our staff did not provide you with the service expected and your experience certainly shows that it was not up to its usual standards. I can assure you that your comments have been taken very seriously and that our team is already working on improvements to make sure that nothing like this will happen again. I am open to any further constructive words you may have.

Since your satisfaction is our highest concern, I will be in touch with you personally.

With best regards from Berlin,

Reviewed October 25, 2013

My stay at the Grand Hyatt was a perfect start to a 5 day business trip. The location is central, situated at Potsdamer Platz. Across the road in one direction is the Sony Center, and the other direction is the theatre district, restaurants, and a shopping mall. The lobby, as well as rooms and hallways, host a collection of art, which sometimes makes you wonder you have entered an art gallery.

The staff were extremely attentive, hospitable, and friendly. Nothing was ever an issue. The staff at breakfast even remembered me as I came in every morning, calling me by name. I even had a "dedicated" table I was always shown! The breakfast was comprehensive, and a good mix of healthy and hearty choices to choose from.

The room itself was larger than I expected, and the bathroom was very impressive.

I was attending a conference and visited a couple of other hotels in Central and Outer Berlin, and feel that the Hyatt was certainly a step above these hotels. I would recommend returning if I pass through Berlin again.

Room Tip: There is little to no noise to be heard from the room, but try to ask for a high floor and a view ei...

Dear TheLongestHair,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to comment on your stay in our hotel.

I am glad, indeed, to hear that you enjoyed our services and I will pass on your words of appreciation to our team-members, as this will further motivate them in their work.
If you have some free time during your next stay in Berlin, please talk to our concierges. They will be more than happy to provide you with our hotel art guide as well as useful information on current exhibitions or art projects around Berlin.
We hope to welcome you back again in the near future. Our colleagues and your breakfast table in our Vox restaurant are awaiting you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed at the grand hyatt hotel for 4 nights and had a really good stay.Good location,the personal is very welcoming and helpful especially the concierge who suggested us restaurants and sites to see and assisted us with our reservations.
The spa,jaccuzi and pool are very clean and a nice way to relax.
Nice rooms ,spacious comfortable the bathroom was gorgeous.
Definitely come back and recommend

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mayastephan
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your very positive review.

I am happy that you enjoyed your four-night stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin. Your kind words of appreciation are what motivates our team most, so be assured that I will share your feedback with my team, especially with the concierge.

As you enjoyed our nice and relaxing Club Olympus Spa & Fitness, may I recommend trying one of our signature massages at Club Olympus.

Moreover, thank you for recommending our hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Hotel is very well located among restaurantes, transportation: subway. The hotel has 2 nice restaurants. Service is good, Gym is nice. Good decor. Very nice bathrooms. Good internet ( charge 18 euros per day) .

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share the experience of your stay.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed staying in our newly designed rooms and that our central location suited you so well. I am very pleased that you had the chance to try our Club Olympus Spa & Fitness as well as the restaurants.

On your next stay, may I recommend our Hyatt Business Plan package, including free WiFi, breakfast, the washing or ironing of one piece of clothing per day and a daily newspaper for your next stay with us.

We hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt this past weekend and had a really good stay. The hotel itself was in a splendid location in Potsdamer Platz with excellent transport links to all the important areas (and easily walkable to some of the main sites). Staff were welcoming and courteous. The coffee shop was SO warm and comfortable, I could have just stayed in there. Room was large with a modern bathroom with bath + shower. All the furnishings were new and the bed was super comfortable. No unnecessary wake up calls from the housekeeping department, quiet so you can't hear them going around in the mornings. Could hear some noise from adjoining rooms but nothing to write home about. Excellent!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you so much for your very positive words.

I was delighted to read that you had a wonderful time during your stay with us. Your words of appreciation are the highest compliment to us. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed staying in our modern rooms.

As you liked our Tizian Lounge so much, I would like to recommend trying Vox restaurant the next time you visit, where you can taste unique sushi creations accompanied by a variety of sake.

I have read your comments regarding our housekeeping department. I can assure you that I will take care of it and will address this issue. Thank you for your extremely useful feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.