“Modern property in a good location”
Review of Grand Hyatt Berlin

Grand Hyatt Berlin
Ranked #20 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed July 29, 2013

While the hotel is new and modern, the location is in historic Potsdamer Platz. Be aware - it is a long walk to the Brandenburg Gate. Rooms are spacious by European standards, service excellent, breakfast in the club most delicious! We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Club level ideal
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to rate Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I have read your kind words of appreciation and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We place great value on our guests’ comfort, wellbeing and satisfaction, and I was pleased to hear that your expectations could be met in our luxurious, five-star hotel.

For your next stay, may I recommend that you stop by Vox bar, where we offer individual cocktail creations and live music in the evening.

We look forward to welcoming you to Grand Hyatt Berlin in the near future!

Best regards,

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Hotel is located 5 walking minutes from the Sony Center at the famous Potsdamer Platz. Because it located at a side street it is very quiet. We reached the hotel with the TXL bus by 30 minutes drive from the Tegel airport to the station "Friedrichstrasse"; from there it is another 30 min. walk or 5 min. drive by taxi. For the way back we took a taxi from the hotel directly back to the airport which was EUR 20,- and was a 30 min. drive. Rooms are in the typical Hyatt style, clean and neat. My daughter liked the indoor swimming pool on top of the hotel who invited us a refreshing afternoon after our sightseeing tours to the Brandenburger Tor, Reichstag, Checkpoint Charly, Friedrichstrasse, Kanzleramt, Madame Tussauds, etc. The famous Blue Man Group show is located just at the opposite site of the hotel. The reception, concierege & room service are very friendly and courteous. The breakfast restaurant needs some service improvements as we were not automatically asked for coffee, tea etc. after we were guided to our table on the first & second day which is a normal service at other hotels. On the second day in the breakfast restaurant we were asked for omelet and waffle but the waffle my daughter ordered did not come. After our reminder 20 min. later we were told that the breakfast buffet closed (breakfast one person approx. EUR 30,-!). On the third morning we decided to take breakfast at Starbucks just at the opposite side. Conclusion: A hotel which we will choose again for our next stay in Berlin.

Room Tip: Rooms to the Marlene-Dietrich Platz or courtyard are very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Berlin! We highly appreciate it!

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. With greatest attention I have also read your remarks regarding our breakfast service and I am sorry for the inconveniences. Please be assured that I will talk to the responsible colleagues, so that we can improve our service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Berlin!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt Berlin with two other friends and were so pleased with our stay. The hotel is extremely modern with a lovely spa lounge including sauna, steam room and relaxation lounge included in the rate. Our room was very comfortable and the A/C worked well (some hotels in Europe do not offer A/C so be aware). The staff was over the top helpful, and recommended some side trips that worked well for us. We are runners and as we approached the hotel entrance the bellman always had a bottle of water for us. We are Diamond members and were able to enjoy the Lounge and the food was amazing, very fresh with nice vegetarian options for us. The staff was kind, and helpful. The location was a few blocks from Potsdam Platz and the Sony Center that offered many shops and restaurants and a nice area to walk around at night. It was also close to many attractions and a short distance to a large park, Tiergarten for walking and running. If you come to Berlin please check out the Grand Hyatt, you will not be disappointed We have no complaints at all about this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your experiences at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed staying in our modern rooms. We place great value on the comfort and wellbeing of our guests, since their satisfaction is the best compliment.

We look forward to welcome you back as a guest in our hotel on your next trip to Berlin!

Best regards,

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Thank you to all the staff at Grand Hyatt Berlin. My experience at your hotel was truly perfect. There was nothing to fault with your hospitality. Hotel itself is perfect for a tourist in Berlin, close to all main attractions, and your facilities were first class. Our room was beautiful, spacious and very modern. We dined at Vox restaurant for Breakfast and Dinner on a number of occasions, which was definitely a stand out. Your staff here are a credit to your organisations. I appreciated your Front Office staff making dining suggestions for us outside the typical tourist areas so we could see a different side to the city. Your staff present themselves in a very professional manner. I would recommend this property in a heart beat.

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for your very positive feedback. We highly appreciate it and I would personally like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience of your stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

With greatest pleasure I read your kind words of appreciation. Your praise is what motivates our team most to provide excellent service every day. So, you can be sure that I will share your appraisal with my colleagues.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was our first trip to Berlin and fortunately someone recommended this hotel to us. Berlin is a sprawling city and the location of this hotel was perfect - right on what was the East/West Berlin line, one block from the trains and buses, restaurants all around, bank two blocks away. The hotel staff was outstanding - very helpful and accommodating. The room was spacious with a wonderful bathroom; also quiet at night (or we were too exhausted to notice!). It was so easy to walk to just about everything. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for your feedback!

We highly appreciate you sharing the experience you had of Grand Hyatt Berlin during your stay, in particular regarding our staff. You can be sure that your kind words of appreciation will be passed on to my colleagues, which will motivate them even more since the satisfaction of our guests is our highest concern.

For your next stay, I would like to recommend our sun terrace on the rooftop with 250 square metres of lawn.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

First visit to the Grand Hyatt and Berlin. Very impressed with the City although it was very hot, sight seeing was restricted.Lots of greenery and trees and 3km's of top class shopping. The wife should be very happy with that.Visit the KA DE WE, it gives Harrods a run for it's money.

Lets start with the pros. Great location,very attentive pleasant staff and the VOX restaurant. Make sure you have at least an evening meal. Food and service second to none. Puts some of the so called great London restaurants to shame. Well done the VOX.
Now the cons.We occupied a Grand Suite which at 48sqcm. was small. However it was very well provided with every item you need for a stay. Unfortunately it was on the third floor. My profile and specific request is always for a high floor. This somehow appears to be a real difficulty for Hyatt hotels!! What do I have to do to get a room on the Club floor? I did book four months in advance. However on this occasion, the Club floor was being renovated, therefore the Club facility was not available but three out of seven is not high in my book.
However, we were offered breakfast in the Vox, a real bonus,I think!
Day long refreshments and evening snacks were available in the Tizian Lounge/Bar.
This was a great disappointment. The evening snack was very limited and did not change for the four nights we spent at the hotel. The snacks were put on a small table directly in sunlight which for more that two hours remained almost undisturbed. Among the snacks were pieces of chicken, and prawns!! not a good combination to absorb the very powerful sun and heat. No refrigeration on the unit. I have not used the Club facility but if this is the standard offered it is very poor. I am aware that closure of the Club was unfortunate but a much better effort should have been made in this respect.
Decor is a personal thing. It is very modern throughout. Not my taste but my wife liked it.
So would I recommend this hotel, rather. Many more upsides than downsides and if you pay a visit I am sure you will have no regrets, you will enjoy Berlin, particularly if it is a little cooler.
There is a great pool/spa and sunbathing facility on the 8th floor.
Incidentally this is the first Hyatt hotel I have been to which did NOT have a "Guest Comment" form for completion!!!
Am I missing something here?

Room Tip: If you require a room on high floor, make absolutely sure that Reception understands your requiremen...

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Berlin. We highly appreciate it!

I was pleased to read that you and your wife enjoyed the city and our hotel. With greatest attention I have also read your remarks regarding our Grand Club situation.

As already mentioned above, we currently redesign our 7th floor, where also our Grand Club Lounge is located. Hence, our Grand Club services are temporarily offered at our Tizian Lounge during this period. I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations.

We still hope to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Berlin, so that we can present our newly redesigned Grand Club to you which is definitely worth waiting for.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Nicely situated near Potsdamer Platz this now established hotel,is super.
Nice modern rooms with very attentive staff. Nothing is too much trouble.
The breakfast we took outside with 2 friends. The tables and chairs are low and like u might have in your garden.
Great buffet and quick service for coffee etc.
A nice pool and sunbathing area.
Good location for the city with nice bars with sofas along the street.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We highly appreciate it!

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We place great value on the comfort and well-being of our guests and I am happy that we could meet your expectations.

For your next stay I may recommend our mesa restaurant, where typical German specialities are served to share.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future to our hotel in the centre of Berlin.