“First, check the bed...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Grand Hyatt Berlin

Grand Hyatt Berlin
Ranked #15 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Seattle, Washington
“First, check the bed...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I can always count on the Hyatt as a clean, comfortable safe place to stay. It's still clean and safe, I just wasn't comfortable. The bed was so substandard and hard it made it difficult to sleep.
What happened to the pillow top beds that I have come to love? What happened to the thick luxurious cloud I have slept on in the past? Was it because I had a smaller room? Is this the room for punishment? Even my bed at home is far more comfortable and of greater quality.
It made what would have been a wonderful stay tedious and sub par. I found myself needing sleep and found I was napping on trains.
I hate to use cost versus quality...the cost was there.
It was like I had jet lag for 4 days...I am usually fun and energetic but I was turning into a snarky slug. Fixieren Sie die Betten. Vielen Dank

I have to say the service staff is wonderful and always the best. Good location and food.
The only snag was the bed. Thanks again.

Room Tip: Ask for a view and ask about the bed. Trust me.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Betsy2003
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to give me your comments on Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I am happy to read that you appreciated the cleanliness and comfort of our hotel but I am disturbed to learn that your stay was not as nice as it should have been because of your guest room bed.

As we place great value on our guests’ comfort, wellbeing and satisfaction, we take your comments very seriously as we take special pride in our comfortable beds. To ensure comfort our mattresses are changed on a regular basis and I would be pleased to show you one of our new mattresses on your next trip to Berlin.

Despite this unfortunate incident, I hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Best regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dorchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Very good staff, location and a restaurant with an amazing and clean, open kitchen, serving amazing sushi.

Lovely gym, with roof top view overlooking Berlin.

Very pleasant, modern room.

Highly recommended.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you so much for your very positive feedback. I highly appreciate it and I would personally like to thank you for having taken the time to share with me your experiences during your last stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

Our guests’ satisfaction is what motivates our team to keep on providing outstanding service and offering such personal attention to our guests so you can be sure that I will share your appraisal with my colleagues.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future to our hotel in the centre of Berlin.

Budapest, Hungary
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is a 5* : nice gift (chocolates) for one of us who had her birthday during our stay.
This is a 5*: amazing pool, jacuzzi, fitness room
This is a 5°: the art collection is amazing
This is a 5*: ordered my favorite champagne in a magnum size and got it
This is not a 5*: had to wait 20 mn before being picked up at the airport by the pre-ordered “limo”. The driver did not even help the older ones with their luggage although we had quite a long way to go before reaching the car.
This is not a 5*: impossible to arrange a limo for the way back to the airport on the day before. “There are some taxis outside” was the very nice answer of the clerk on duty at the reception considering that we were 7 to travel back to the airport!
This is not a 5*: doorman is rarely at his desk. Or at least, he is never there when he is needed.
This is not a 5*: the service at the Tizian restaurant was simply awful
This is not a 5*: the ‘room with view’ is a rip off. You have a chance to see nothing as opposed to see the courtyard.
This is not a 5*: the internet pricing policy is ridiculous.
This is not a 5*: no early evening check by the femmes de chambres

This is an airport type of hotel: check in, sleep, check out, take the regular shuttle to reach the airport terminal, and fly far away. Don't worry, your company is paying for it :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank matjob
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share the experience of your stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin. We take your comments very seriously as it helps us monitor our levels of service and to make the necessary improvements.

It is nice to read that our spa and art collection pleased you. Still, there were many factors that made you leave our hotel unsatisfied. The whole team of our hotel works daily on maintaining an excellent level of service. Unfortunately, in your case we could not satisfy your needs and wishes, which are a priority. We deeply regret your dissatisfaction.

To make sure that future incidents like this can be avoided, I would be pleased to be given the chance to contact you direct in person.

Once again, I want to thank you for your feedback.

Huntly, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

It would be hard to find fault with this efficient hotel where all runs smoothly and you know there could never be any mistakes or misunderstandings..the swimming pool is beautifully located and of course heated to a perfect temperature.Breakfast is a delight ..especially the staff who immedately refill your coffee cup without even asking.The bar must be one of the best for sitting listening to jazz..just cannot find anything to complain about!!

Room Tip: They will all be good!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Geordie2666
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for your very positive feedback. We highly appreciate it and I would personally like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience of your last stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

Our guests’ satisfaction is what motivates our team to keep on providing outstanding service and offering such personal attention to our guests. So, you can be sure that I will share your appraisal with my colleagues.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed in Hyatt for 4 nights. It was a business trip. The location of the property is amazing. Hotel infrastructure has been made with good taste. The rooms are excellent & are done up very well.
There restaurant (VOX) is also good. I had all my breakfasts there. The food taste is good along with nice service. Buffet also offered some good choices!

The property also has a Tea Lounge called Tizian Lounge. It offers amazing selection of Tea & Coffee. The variety is simply superb complemented with a good service. One must try the jasmine tea or peppermint tea. Its awesome.

The fitness facility is also good. Its on the roof. So one can see the Berlin skyline from there. Its also good to walk on the grass up there! I enjoyed the spa facility. Its worth a shot.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a good view & closer to lift, if you don't want to walk much!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for your extensive feedback!

I have read your kind words of appreciation and I would like to thank you for sharing them. Your appraisal is what motivates our team most to provide excellent service every day.

For your next stay, I may recommend our mesa restaurant, where typical German specialities are served to share.

We look forward to welcoming you to Grand Hyatt Berlin again in the future.

Muscat, Oman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

A very impressive reception area with efficient, smart staff and a trouble free check in.
Room had a ceiling to floor glass with wonderful view of shopping street below but with no noise coming through. High standard of furnishings within an absolutely immaculate room. Good bathroom with seperate walk in rain forest shower. Plenty of fluffy towels and good toiletries.
Provided everything that we could want for a short break within this utterly fabulous city and so much is within walking distance.
We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant as we were busy being out and about but would definitely aim to do so on our next visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for your very positive feedback!

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We place great value on the comfort and wellbeing of our guests, since their satisfaction is the best compliment.

I have also read that you did not find time to dine at one of our restaurants. Hence, I may recommend our Vox restaurant for your next visit in Berlin, where you can taste unique sushi creations accompanied by fine rice wines selected by our sake sommelier.

We look forward to welcoming you to Grand Hyatt Berlin again!

Best regards,

California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

While this was a pretty standard "Grand Hyatt", I loved the location. It was a short walk from Potsdamer Platz and the decor was very sleek and modern. Our room was large and super comfortable. The hotel is has several restaurants inside (One that was a tapas style place that was fairly reasonably priced) and there was a Starbucks right across the street for a cheaper breakfast than the hotel could provide. Several other restaurants and a mall right down the street. Only think keeping it from 5 stars was no Wi-Fi included and it was rather expensive. I ended up just going across to Starbucks when I wanted to get online. Overall, totally recommended! (Travel was in May 2011)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for your very positive feedback. We highly appreciate it and I would personally like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience of your stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I have read your kind words of appreciation and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We place great value on our guests’ comfort, wellbeing and satisfaction, and I was pleased to hear that your expectations could be met in our luxurious, five-star hotel.

With great attention I have read your remark concerning the WiFi. Hence, I may recommend our Hyatt Business Plan package, including free WiFi, breakfast, the washing or ironing of one piece of clothing per room per day, a daily bottle of mineral water and a daily newspaper for your next stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future to our hotel in the centre of Berlin.