“bizness trip”
Review of Grand Hyatt Berlin

Grand Hyatt Berlin
Ranked #19 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed April 29, 2013

if you can afford recommend you try . Have to try the spa with beautiful city views. Modern approach to decor and sculpture. Great aware of all the service, excellent location in the center of. I suggest to book in advance because it is a crowded place - despite high prices. I spent a wonderful time.

Room Tip: from the inside are quieter
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Many thanks for having taken the time to share the experience you had of Grand Hyatt Berlin during your stay.

I have read your kind words of appreciation and I would like to thank you for sharing them. Your appraisal is what motivates our team most to provide excellent service every day.

For your next stay, I may recommend you our Hyatt Business Plan package, including free WiFi, breakfast, the washing or ironing of one piece of clothing per room per day, a daily bottle of mineral water and a daily newspaper.

We look forward to welcoming you to Grand Hyatt Berlin again in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay, too bad it was so short. Loved the architecture and how the hotel was designed, very sleek and elegant. Had a room with club lounge access, which included wifi, continental breakfast and evening appetizers. Very convenient and enjoyable. Hotel staff at the club lounge were very friendly and there was a wide variety of food and drinks . My guest room on the seventh floor was airy and overlooked an internal courtyard. It had a bathroom almost the same size as the bedroom, it was however hard to figure out how to get the water in the bathtub and not activate the shower. Located in the Postdamer Platz area, it is convenient to restaurants and bars as well as walking distance from main sights. 20 minutes from the airport.

Room Tip: Club room - no doubt
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to give extensive feedback. I appreciate you sharing your experiences at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I have read your kind words of appreciation and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We place great value on our guests’ comfort, wellbeing and satisfaction, and I was pleased to hear that your expectations could be met in our luxurious, five-star hotel.

For your next stay, perhaps in summer, I would like to recommend our sun terrace on the rooftop with 250 square metres of lawn.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed here just one night. We decided to add a night to a long-planned trip and our main hotel was booked up. We used some points for a room on the Club floor. Very nice: large room, big bathroom with heated floors; good firm bed. The lounge on the Club floor was a great place for a quiet breakfast, and was also open for snacks and drinks later in the day. Staff was great, they quickly delivered a superfirm foam pillow we requested. My only negative is that our room - furniture, walls, toilet area - was a little beaten up for a 5 star hotel that charge 300+ euros.

Liked that the lobby, in fact the whole hotel, had a calm vibe.

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for your very positive feedback. We highly appreciate it and I would personally like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience of your last stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I have read your kind words of appreciation and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind words of appreciation is what motivates our team most to continue providing excellent service, so be assured that I will pass your feedback on to my colleagues.

We are constantly working on meeting our guests’ expectations and making them feel comfortable in a luxurious environment. We have recently redesigned two of our floors and one more is yet to come.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future to our hotel!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The hotel is one of the best we have ever stayed in. Central position surrounded by bars and restaurants. Excellent food and service. Staff really pleasant and nothing was too much trouble. Wish we were still there.

Room Tip: Our room as comfortable with a great view of the Siegessaule at the back of the hotel

Dear TripAdvisor User,

I have read your kind words of appreciation and you can be sure that they will be passed on to my colleagues. Your appraisal forms the basis for their motivation and your kind words will encourage them to keep on giving their very best to make your stay unique.

For your next stay, may I recommend our day spa on the top floor, with its spectacular views over the city.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the centre of Berlin.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

The Grand Hyatt Berlin is an excellent choice for an upscale visit to Berlin. It's new, and everything is modern and cutting edge. This had its drawbacks. For example, instead of light switches you are faced with a console with arcane icons. However, once you got the lights turned on, the lighting of the room was excellent. The staff members were extraordinarily helpful. I know it's part of their job to be bilingual, friendly, and accommodating, but, job or not, each person on the staff was all those things. My wife needed to walk with a cane and use a wheelchair, and everyone helped with that problem. I particularly appreciated the manager, Julia, room service waiter, Karl, and driver, Sven. (Those are the people whose names stand out in my mind. Everyone was great.) Some less than good points--high cost for wi-Fi access; hired car not arriving on time to take us to the airport. Some good points--free courtesy car service to the Gemaldegalerie. (An easy walk, but not by wheelchair.) (I am writing this review in the Marriott Prague. This is an equally good hotel, but they charge for equivalent courtesy car trips.) Great concierge service from Sebastian and his colleagues.

I can recommend this hotel without hesitation. If I return to Berlin, here's where I'll stay.

Room Tip: If you have limited mobility, ask for a room close to the elevator.

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for your extremely positive and extensive feedback!

We look forward to welcome you back as a guest in our hotel on your next trip to Berlin!

Best regards,

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Over the last years GH Berlin has become my home away from home when visiting Berlin. I spend a lot of time in Hyatt Hotels - this is one of the finest.
Overall, first class staff and service, specifically in the Grand Club, beautifully renovated rooms, very good sound proofing of the rooms, comfy beds and, if your rooms faces towards Tiergarten/Philharmonic, one of the most generous and beautiful views you can find in the city.
Some weaknesses in housekeeping, but nothing that should deter you.
Vox restaurants definitely worth a visit; food is exquisite, pricing not cheap, but value for money.
Very nice wellness/pool/gym - for once not in the basement, but rooftop with a beautiful view over Potsdamer Platz.
Wouldn't go anywhere else. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Grand deluxe rooms facing Tiergarten. NICE!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Our guests’ satisfaction is what motivates our team to keep on providing outstanding service and offering such personal attention to our guests. So, you can be sure that I will share your appraisal with my colleagues.

We are happy that our redesigned rooms meet your taste and expectations. As a five-star hotel, the comfort of our guests is always our highest concern.

For your next stay, may I recommend mesa restaurant, where typical German specialities are served to share.

We look forward to welcoming you again as a guest at our hotel in the very near future!

Best regards,

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Hyatt has a stupendous awards program allowing us to travel to amazing cities. Berlin's Grand Hyatt surpasses that of Mainz and NYC with its club level amenities with wonderful breakfasts, and evening snacks- which were more like an entire dinner (too bad we had eaten before). The roof top pool is not to be missed. The rooms are very spacious for european standards, with heated bathroom floors and separate toilet areas. Parking was a bit difficult to locate, yet once found, was very convenient to hotel lobby.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank travelingfoodiefam

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for your very extremely positive feedback. I would like to thank you personally for sharing your thoughts.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed staying in our modern rooms. The comfort and wellbeing of our guests in a luxurious environment is always our highest concern.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Grand Hyatt Berlin in the near future!