“Fabulous Service”
Review of Grand Hyatt Berlin

Grand Hyatt Berlin
Ranked #18 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed April 7, 2013

As usual, lovely stay in the Hyatt, central enough to be able to walk to a number of the tourist sites and museums as well as a number of decent enough restaurant's locally. Can not fault the staff at all, provided excellent recommendations for food and provided an excellent service when we needed them. The spa was a little busy but that was just down to it being Easter. The rooms were lovely, clean, well furnished and the Vox restaurant was very good quality and worth eating out if you dont want to leave the hotel. Breakfast was rather on the pricey side so we avoided paying the 35 EUR and save that money for a nice lunch.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor User,

I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to share your experience at Grand Hyatt Berlin. All of us here really appreciate it.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Your kind words of appreciation are what motivate our team most, so you can be sure that your appraisal will be passed on to my colleagues.

For your next stay, may I recommend mesa restaurant, where typical German food is served family-style in a relaxed, stylish atmosphere.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Berlin in the future!

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,167)

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt during ITB in March this year and I found that this hotel lived up to it reputation.
Check in was fast and the team was courteous.
The room was good, I would have preferred some fruits at least on check in ( I paid Euro 305+tax for BB) per night but there were 2 small toffees on the table!! Nonetheless, the room was clean and well kept.
The F&B was good, the Breakfast buffet was well spread out with an array of choices and eggs made to order.
I dined in their fine dining and found the food was excellent but the service didn't complement the food, was a bit chaotic at times but managed to regroup.
Definitely would recommend for a business traveler.

Room Tip: The room has two pin plugs so make sure you travel with an adapter, the reception does have some tho...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Grand Hyatt Berlin during ITB. I also carefully read your remark regarding our service. We place great value on our service quality and I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations this time.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel on your next trip to Berlin!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We spent three nights at Grand Hyatt during the Easter holidays, at a quite convenient price thanks to early booking. The Hotel is everything you would expect from a five star: impressive lounge, smiling and super caring personnel, extra comfort room with big shiny bathroom. It's not their fault if it kept snowing for three days, or if we did not visit their famous fitness centre. Almost perfect picture. It's a bit of a shame that breakfast is so expensive, and that they do not offer free wifi (no, this is really not up to five star!). But.. hey, there's a Starbucks just opposite the hotel, and - even better - the cosy Balzac coffee in Potsdammer platz, open from 7 to 23, where you can enjoy croissants, orange juice and fast connection at around 5 euro.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your experiences at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your Easter holiday in our hotel. Your kind words of appreciation is what motivates our team most to continue providing excellent service, so be assured that I will pass your feedback on to my colleagues.

For your next stay, perhaps in summer, I would like to recommend our sun terrace on the rooftop with 250 square metres of lawn. You can also enjoy our Hyatt Business Plan package, including free WiFi, breakfast, the washing or ironing of one piece of clothing per room per day, a daily bottle of mineral water and a daily newspaper.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Loved this hotel. It's well located near to the U and S bahn and the Brandenburg Gate and there's an 'interesting' selection of restaurants in the Sony Centre (although that's for another review). We stayed in an 'ordinary' double room which was fab. The bathroom had two separate entrances, a separate toilet and a TV. The bed was to die for - the best night's sleep I've had in a hotel, helped by the blackout blinds and the effective sound proofing. The service was efficient and friendly. We had some filming going on for a short while outside our room and we found a bottle of wine on our return to apologise for any disturbance. The spa is also well worth a visit. The pool and jacuzzi are clean and warm with great views and the treatment I had was great and reasonable for a hotel of this standard. We got a really good deal through expedia. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Berlin.

Dear TripAdvisor User,

I would like to thank you personally for having taken the time to share your experiences and we very much appreciate this.

I was pleased to read that everything was to your satisfaction at our hotel. We place great value on our guests’ comfort and wellbeing in our luxurious environment and I am delighted that your expectations were met.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Berlin in the future.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I recently stayed here for a few days purely for fun. Location of this place is great and is within walking distance of most of the city centre sights and just round the corner from the u-bahn. There are plenty of decent shops and restaurants all within a few minutes walk at most and so if you are staying in Berlin this location is hard to beat. The lobby was a bit dreary but there is a very cosy lobby lounge and restaurant with a small open fire which is a nice touch. Check in staff were very good and efficient. I stayed in a grand king on the third floor facing the inner courtyard (quiet but no view) which was a little small for two people but not too bad. The decor was looking a little tired but again it was ok. Two big irritations with the room are the ridiculous tv package with hardly any channels and the crazily expensive wifi. The first one I can live with not being a big tv fan but the second is completely unacceptable for a five star hotel. It was cheaper for me to use data roaming on my mobile phone just to put it into perspective (Starbucks over the road offers free wifi though and also will save you having to spend 70 dollars per day on breakfast for a couple - which is also madness). The next big annoyance was the housekeeping which totally failed to clean my room on one day despite me having the 'please clean my room' thingy on for several hours, and when I called them to have it done they eventually got round to it in a half-hearted way leaving dirty coffee cups and so on. At first I thought it was just a one off but I notice several others have also commented on similar occurrences so it sounds as if housekeeping at this hotel is generally inadequate.
It's not all bad though, I had a couple of very good meals here, the bathrooms were pretty decent, and there is a nice pool on the roof that is large enough to do some lane swimming in and has some great views. There is also a decent looking gym but I didn't use it.
Special mention should go to the concierge who got me a hard to get table at the very last minute which was quite impressive.
I wasn't sure whether to give this three or four dots but most of the hotels I have given four dots for generally had larger rooms, free or very cheap wifi, cheaper breakfasts, better tv, better bathrooms and competent housekeeping, so three it is. In general, this hotel needs to up its game if it wants to compare favourably with competing brands.

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to give extensive feedback. I appreciate you sharing your experiences at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

I have read your comments and please rest assured that they will be taken seriously. I am especially sorry that our housekeeping service did not meet your expectations and I ask that you excuse this isolated incident.

We are constantly working on meeting our guests’ expectations and making them feel comfortable in a luxurious environment. We have recently redesigned two of our floors and one more is yet to come.

For your next stay, may I recommend our Hyatt Business Plan package, including free WiFi, breakfast, the washing or ironing of one piece of clothing per room per day, a daily bottle of mineral water and a daily newspaper.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Precision perfected. Everything works in Germany and this hotel works even better. Location is great since you can easily walk to the Reichstag.

With a very interesting boutique interior, this hotel never feels corporate. The art throughout is bold and starts with the red painting upon arrival, continues with a huge vessel with hundred of flowering plants. Check out the thousands of hanging stones on the I believe 4th floor elevator landing. Rooms are spacious and quiet. Amenities and linens are luxurious.

Restaurant VOX is great and their bartenders are true mixologists. The lobby bar is lively and its fare more affordable than VOX. Breakfast is maybe a bit pricey at 34 euro....

Amazing process of check-out where same bellman gets your luggage and your car, so you don't need a fistful of euros to tip a whole crew. While 'garage-parking' is advertised, you can also your car valet-parked.

We found the rates very reasonable for this top-notch hig-quality hotel. We will return. We will recommend.

Room Tip: High floor, facing the casino and music hall.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank walthervliegen

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences at Grand Hyatt Berlin. We very much appreciate this and I would like to thank you personally for doing so.

It is a great pleasure to read your kind words of appreciation. I was especially pleased to read that our service met your expectations. We work hard to provide excellent service to make our guests feel welcome and fully satisfied and we are happy that we can count you one of them. Your appraisal is what motivates our team most so you can be assured that your kind words will be passed on to my colleagues at Front Office and Vox Bar.

I was also happy to read that you were inspired by our hotel-owned contemporary art collection. We are proud to be a place where art and architecture meet and contribute equally to our guests’ wellbeing.

For your next stay I would like to recommend our spa on the top floor with spectacular views of Berlin. Our range of treatments will leave you fully rejuvenated.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Grand Hyatt Berlin in the near future.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This Hotel was located in a very Central location of Berlin in the Mitte area. The subway was only a 4-5 min. walk, the Sony Center is 2 min. away and the Teirgarten Park, Brandenburg Gate and German goverment buildings just a 10-15 min walk with many other sites in between. The Hotel staff is very friendly and they all speak different languages and are very fluent in English. The Hotel can remind you in some ways like the "W" brand of Hotels but this is better. The bathrooms are modern and the rooms themselves are quite large (much more so than London, Paris and New York). I would suggest getting the breakfast included as there is a very good variety of food and eating outside near the sidewalk was a great start to the day. I would plan on visiting spring to summer as Berlin winters can get cold and nasty. We availed ourselves to the bikes the Hotel provides @ about 15 Euros a day and rode about 15 miles or so. We parked our bikes for lunch and shopping and returned that evening. This is a good bargain 4 star Hotel. Not a Ritz or Four Seasons but a perfect selection all the same.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for your extremely positive feedback and for the time you took to share your experiences.

I have read your kind words of appreciation and you can be sure that I will share your sentiments with my colleagues. Your appraisal is what motivates our team to continue to provide excellent service every day.

I was also pleased to read that the spacious rooms and modern design of our five-star hotel was to your taste. We place great value on the comfort and well-being of our guests whose satisfaction is the best compliment.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Grand Hyatt Berlin in the future!