“We love it”
Review of Grand Hyatt Berlin

Grand Hyatt Berlin
Ranked #22 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed March 15, 2013

First of all I would say that business travellers love this hotel. Practically all the people we met, were on business trip & not on vacation. Even our concierge on the Club level was a little bit surprised when I asked him to show me where museums were situated. Anyway, the hotel is very convenient for tourists and we really enjoyed the stay.

Pros

Location is central. It is 1 minute walk from Potsdamer platz and Sony-Center which is next building to the hotel. Without doubt those are one of the most beautiful places in Berlin. Metro station, touristic buses – everything stop there. To add you are very close to Reichstag, holocaust memorial and actually few stops from Berlin zoo, Ku'damm (Berlin 5th avenue) on one side & Alexander platz on another. Taxi from Ku-damm or Alexander Platz to the hotel is approximately 9 euro. (by the way – taxi drivers do not cheat as in Rome and I would say that taxi is not expensive).

Staff was extremely helpful. Especially on the Club level. Alexander (the concierge) did a great job, as well as waitresses who were amazing.

Swimming pool & Jacuzzi on the 8th floor were great with outstanding view on Berlin. Go there at night – I’ll love it! They also have sauna & great relaxation room. But be careful, it’s Germany –sauna is for women and men & they are absolutely naked their. It was a cultural shock to me (my hubby actually felt good there).

We loved Club level because of the dinner time between 6-8 p.m. They offer wine & Champaign, salads, small but very good choice of cheese. Breakfast is definitely better on the ground floor (you can choose where to have it) – merely more choice. Breakfast is good, nice choice of cheese,good bread, some typical german food .

Bed is very good. Quality of sleep was really high. There wasn’t noise from street or from corridor.

What we really like is restaurant & lounge “VOX” on the ground floor. It is an excellent place to have dinner in the dining room or just a drink at the bar with life music. It was really nice to have such a wonderful place in the hotel, so we didn’t waste time on searching for a place to spend night out. We paid attention that the place is very popular among locals. We ordered a dear fillet (which was OK, but not the best), still sushi was good, they also have an amazing collection of whiskey & wine.

Cons

I am already used to bigger rooms. I understand it is Europe, but still... We stayed at CLUB KING & I expected bigger room.

I didn’t like their bath gel, it has this mint fragrance and it was inching on some places…. I would definitely change it.

To remember!!!! Everything is closed on Sundays except for restaurant and cinemas (maybe museums). Malls are closed, even grocery stores are closed.

To add: Hyatt is an amazing chain. Rooms are very comfortable, they are so professional in what they do. We smts stay in other 5 star hotels, but I love how Hyatt always amazes me with how they take everything into account - there is always place for everything and everything is situated where it should be. We travel a lot & we became club members, we use Hyatt Visa card. With their card we do not paid fees when using it abroad & at the same time we are gathering points. This 5-night stay in Berlin was a present from Hyatt. What can I say: after that my husband sent me an email with Hyatt’s location in the world, asking where we were going next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lara8283
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor User,
Thank you very much for your extensive feedback. We greatly appreciate you sharing your experience of Grand Hyatt Berlin with us and I would like to thank you very much for the time you took to do so.
I was particularly pleased to read that the service of our staff, especially our concierge, met your expectations. Please be sure that I will pass your kind words of appreciation on to my colleagues, since your words are highly motivating. We work every day to provide outstanding service and personal attention to guests, and we are more than happy that you are one of them.
For your next stay I may recommend mesa restaurant, which offers typical German specialities in a cosy environment.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the very near future!

There are newer reviews for Grand Hyatt Berlin

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I ended up staying here after my friend got delayed coming back from seeing his family, stayed for a total of 3 nights but only booked to stay for 1.

I was staying just before New Years, and as it got closer to New Years the price was meant to go up, but the guy on the counter was great and kept me at the lower rate for all my nights!

I forgot quite a lot of travel essentials, toothbrush and adapters! But that wasn't an issue, they sent that up to my room and when I bumped into the cleaners they gave me some more bottles of water on the house!

Just like Berlin this hotel is English friendly, with everyone I talked to being fluent or at least being able to help me.

I think the best part of the room was the enormous bath, which can easily fit two people which I wasn't expecting.

I am a student and sometimes when I stay at these kind of places I do feel judged, but that wasn't the case at all.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear TripAdvisor User,
Thank you very much for your extremely positive feedback. We greatly appreciate it and I would like to personally thank you for having taken the time to share your impressions of Grand Hyatt Berlin.
We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We place great value on our guests’ comfort, wellbeing and satisfaction, and I was pleased to hear that your expectations were met.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stay at the Grand Hyatt Berlin annually for a conference and have an excellent experience each time.

The location is terrific, the accommodations are clean and comfortable and the staff is friendly and helpful.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear TripAdvisor User,
Thank you very much for having taken the time to share information about your repeated stays at Grand Hyatt Berlin. Your appraisal is what motivates our team most and I would like to thank you personally for it.
I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our staff work with great dedication to make every guest’s stay a special one and I am more than happy that your expectations were met.
For your next stay I may recommend our day spa on the top floor, with its spectacular views over the city.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel now many times.
I just checked out today after a 6 night stay attending the ITB trade show.
What a treat to come back to the hotel after a full day of work and enjoy the beautiful indoor pool on the top floor, the jacuzzi, sauna and steam room.

Overall the hotel is convenient to everything in Berlin and close to the Subway, S Train and busses.
Step out, and you're in the center of Berlin's trendy neighborhood .
This time I had room 441. This room is larger compared to the rooms I had before and fantastic for a longer stay.

I love the beds. They are so comfortable. Fantastic to be able to keep the room dark . The flat screen TV made you feel like visiting a private movie theatre. I enjoyed having a TV in the bathroom.
Every day I found fresh fruit and plenty of water.
The internet in the room was fast, but it kept disconnecting me constantly, so I had to sign in several times when using it.

The bathroom and walk in closet was large. The bathroom amenities were top of the line.

The breakfast was fantastic, but they need some help with their eggs benedict.
The executive lounge is nice and the breakfast is acceptable. I still don't understand why Hyatt is punishing top paying customers with a secondary breakfast when using the lounge, compared to the breakfast they offer other guests in their restaurants.

I had sushi at the restaurant, and for Europe it was good. Of course living in Hawaii I am bit spoiled when it comes to Japanese food.
I ordered a after dinner drink and was surprised about the EUR 24.00 cost - but it was good.

The cocktails at the lobby bar and VOX were great.

Overall the Grand Hyatt Berlin is a 5 star hotel worth it's stars.

Room Tip: I stayed at the hotel several times. rooms ending with the number 41 (mine was 441) seemed to be la...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank eTurboNews
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your favourable experiences as a repeated guest in our luxury hotel. We highly appreciate your extremely positive feedback and we are grateful that you choose our hotel when visiting Berlin.

Your kind words of appreciation are what motivates our team to not only meet guests’ expectations, but to exceed them. You can be sure that your appreciation will be passed on to my colleagues.

We have also noted your remark concerning the Wi-Fi connection and we will check the connection to make sure that everything works perfectly during your next stay at our hotel. We will also reevaluate the breakfast offered at the Grand Club.

We look forward to welcoming you very soon at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

Best regards from Berlin,

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Nice stay at the Grand Hyatt Berlin
We used one of our diamond suite upgrades an got an upgrade to a Grand Executive Suite. Breakfast in the club was really good. We had a nice dinner at the VOX.
The Hotel is a good location to explore Berlin .

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear TripAdvisor User,

It is with great pleasure that I have read your compliments about our high-quality rooms, breakfast and Vox restaurant.

I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to let me know about your experiences with us. Please be sure that I have passed on your kind words of appreciation to my colleagues.

I look forward to welcoming you at Grand Hyatt Berlin in the near future!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt the first weekend of March 2013. We booked a standard grand king room and got appointed room 560 on the recently redecorated 5th floor. The design is quite simply the best I've experienced in this class. Elegant, a modern warm design, a great bathroom (including extra TV) and a top-notch comfortable bed. The location of the hotel could not be better. It is within easy walking distance of the Reichstag, the Brandenburger Tor and the main sights. It was a pleasure to stay here, good value for money and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The 5th and 6th floor were recently remodeled.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We very much appreciate you sharing your experiences at Grand Hyatt Berlin.

We are happy that our redesigned rooms met your taste and expectations. For your next stay I would like to recommend our unique spa facilities with excellent treatments for your relaxation including our large swimming pool on the top floor with spectacular views over the city.

We look forward to welcoming you at our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Upon entering you'll know that you get what you pay for.

Rooms are luxurious, staff is extremely friendly and will do their best to accommodate to any special requests you may have.

The dining options in the hotel and nearby are really good and breakfast in the hotel is simply amazing. You will not leave hungry after this breakfast.

Transport links are easily available and finding the hotel is quite easy as the location is so convenient. Plus there's a casino right outside if you need to get some excitement.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for sharing your favourable experiences about our 5-star luxury hotel in the centre of Berlin.

We highly appreciate your positive feedback, particularly the comments regarding our staff. You can be sure that your kind words will be passed on to my colleagues, which will motivate them even more.

I look forward to welcoming you at Grand Hyatt Berlin next time you are in Berlin.