“nice location”

Derag Livinghotel Berlin Mitte
Ranked #105 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed April 22, 2012

but the superior room we paid and got was not so big, but otherwise the location is great and about 300 m from the hotel you have Lidl and Netto shops;) and Stefan was very friendly.

Room Tip: we did not get so big room and it should have been superior...but the kitchenette and bathroom are n...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Just 20m from the Märkisches Museum subway station. Take the U2-line that goes between Pankow and Ruhleben, if you come from Alexanderplatz it's only a few stops. Very nice neighborhood! This was the first time I took my mother with me on a short trip, so we chose a hotel that would satisfy both needs. The room is spacious and well-cleaned. We stayed in a room with shared kitchenette, don't know if it's like that in every room, but we were very pleased with the accommodation. The fact that the subway is so close makes it easy to reach different parts of the city. I've been to Berlin earlier when i interrailed last summer, that time we chose the hostel called 36rooms in Kreuzberg (which by the way is ''the'' place to choose if you want a cheap hostel with friendly atmosphere) so I wanted to show her a little bit of Kreuzberg. I think xberg is the best part of the city when it comes to food, atmosphere and shops..well almost anything! Back to the hotel; the room has a large wardrobe, comfy beds, TV with lots of channels to choose from, a minibar (with 2 free beers and 2 free bottles of water) and not a sign of dirt or whatsoever. I give this hotel 5/5, but we didn't spend the 16e (!) on breakfast, with that amount you expect something special but I've heard that it doesn't stand up to the 16e-standards... haha! PS. if you like sushi, try the restaurant that can be find on Dircksen str., next to the Alexa -shopping mall. If you're in to Indian cuisine, go over the bridge and about 100m straight forward and then turn left, there's a restaurant called Pooja close to the Novotel-hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank disa S
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Small hotel directly opposite the subway giving you easy access to all of Berlin.Quiet with a canal on one side and little traffic noise at night.We didn't take the breakfast at 16 Euros but found a great little breakfast cafe 200 Metres away called Millies which does a great fresh brew and breakfast for a fiver.Staff in hotel were very helpful and our room on second floor was exactly what you would expect from a 4 star in a large city.There is an in house indian restaurant but we preferred to go to the city centre so cannot comment on it.We were more than happy with our choice of Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I stayed at the Derag Hotel Henriette in May of 2011 and never got around to voicing my satisfaction on here until now. While some details are a little blurry a year removed, I do know that I was extremely satisfied with the comfort and service I received at this hotel. The room, while it was very small (just like most European hotels), had everything I needed in a hotel spending most of my day sight seeing in Berlin.

The bed was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom/shower space was great and very comfortable for an American who is used to having much more space in a hotel shower. The shower stall was fully inclosed (not usually the case for a lot of European hotel showers/bathtubs). The room included a great closet space for clothes with a safe to keep valuables as well as a comfortable desk area to sit down and review some work emails on the laptop.

I remember that the metro stop was as convenient as it gets. Literally a stones throw from the hotel front door. And any major tourist/sight seeing stop was within 20 minutes or so.

All in all, a great hotel for a 4 night stay in this great German city.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I had a very pleasant stay. I left sme Chanel creams behind however. Could they please be sent to this address 13 Fergusson Square, Toorak Gardens, South Australia, Australia 5065. I will gladly pay postage.

Regards
George Hatzinikolas

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
JensPeters1958, Manager at Derag Livinghotel Berlin Mitte, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your review of your stay in our hotel.

Regarding your belonging we have already contacted you directly.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Hotel Henriette on a potential future occasion.

Warm regards
Jens Peters and team

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I have stayed here and several other hotels in Berlin. I simply cannot recommend this property for a variety of reasons.

#1 - Amenities did not work and the handling of this was unprofessional
It turned out my refrigerator did not work. As I had checked in quite late and purchased a few items for later consumption, I went to the front desk to let the night manager know. Rather than move me to a room with functioning equipment, he simply said, 'maybe it is best to put it outside the window. It is quite cold out, so that should work.'

#2 - Lack of follow-up
After replacing the refrigerator in the morning (a half hour task) when it would have been simpler to move me, they did not check to see if it was working later. Unfortunately, neither did I, but I am the customer. My food spoiled.

#3 - television went on the blink. after waiting half an hour for them to come up, they went through the same swapping gear derby, only to find it did not work, but was rather a problem with their server downstairs.

#4 - the washers and dryers for customers
They weren't working, so I had to hump my clothes to their sister property across the road. not a far walk, but still, unprofessional

To to all that off, their 'double bed' was two twin beds shoved together. That is not a good sleep.

Simply put, the staff needs better training to make this property viable

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DavidLFisher
JensPeters1958, Manager at Derag Livinghotel Berlin Mitte, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. Due to the lack of space we will not pick up details, but in the meantime you should have received a personal message with our sincere apology.

Kind regards,
Jens Peters and team

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Nicely sized and well equipped rooms. Beds of excellent quality.
Situated close to Alexanderplatz on Line 2 of the U-bahn. Station just outside the door.
Very friendly staff. Excellent value.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family