“Nice comfortable Berlin hotel”

Derag Livinghotel Berlin Mitte
Ranked #104 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I stayed at the Derag Hotel Henriette in May of 2011 and never got around to voicing my satisfaction on here until now. While some details are a little blurry a year removed, I do know that I was extremely satisfied with the comfort and service I received at this hotel. The room, while it was very small (just like most European hotels), had everything I needed in a hotel spending most of my day sight seeing in Berlin.

The bed was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom/shower space was great and very comfortable for an American who is used to having much more space in a hotel shower. The shower stall was fully inclosed (not usually the case for a lot of European hotel showers/bathtubs). The room included a great closet space for clothes with a safe to keep valuables as well as a comfortable desk area to sit down and review some work emails on the laptop.

I remember that the metro stop was as convenient as it gets. Literally a stones throw from the hotel front door. And any major tourist/sight seeing stop was within 20 minutes or so.

All in all, a great hotel for a 4 night stay in this great German city.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed March 19, 2012

I had a very pleasant stay. I left sme Chanel creams behind however. Could they please be sent to this address 13 Fergusson Square, Toorak Gardens, South Australia, Australia 5065. I will gladly pay postage.

Regards
George Hatzinikolas

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
JensPeters1958, Manager at Derag Livinghotel Berlin Mitte, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your review of your stay in our hotel.

Regarding your belonging we have already contacted you directly.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Hotel Henriette on a potential future occasion.

Warm regards
Jens Peters and team

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I have stayed here and several other hotels in Berlin. I simply cannot recommend this property for a variety of reasons.

#1 - Amenities did not work and the handling of this was unprofessional
It turned out my refrigerator did not work. As I had checked in quite late and purchased a few items for later consumption, I went to the front desk to let the night manager know. Rather than move me to a room with functioning equipment, he simply said, 'maybe it is best to put it outside the window. It is quite cold out, so that should work.'

#2 - Lack of follow-up
After replacing the refrigerator in the morning (a half hour task) when it would have been simpler to move me, they did not check to see if it was working later. Unfortunately, neither did I, but I am the customer. My food spoiled.

#3 - television went on the blink. after waiting half an hour for them to come up, they went through the same swapping gear derby, only to find it did not work, but was rather a problem with their server downstairs.

#4 - the washers and dryers for customers
They weren't working, so I had to hump my clothes to their sister property across the road. not a far walk, but still, unprofessional

To to all that off, their 'double bed' was two twin beds shoved together. That is not a good sleep.

Simply put, the staff needs better training to make this property viable

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DavidLFisher
JensPeters1958, Manager at Derag Livinghotel Berlin Mitte, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. Due to the lack of space we will not pick up details, but in the meantime you should have received a personal message with our sincere apology.

Kind regards,
Jens Peters and team

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Nicely sized and well equipped rooms. Beds of excellent quality.
Situated close to Alexanderplatz on Line 2 of the U-bahn. Station just outside the door.
Very friendly staff. Excellent value.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Nice hotel, helpful staff. Big spacious rooms with small kitchenette, big fridge, nice bathroom.Perfect location both for museums and clubbing. Near an U-bahn. Didn't eat the breakfast so I dunno about that. 24h-desk

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank snaris
Reviewed December 22, 2011

we spent 7 days in this hotel, and had a wonderful time. It is really near the underground station (markisches museum), you just have to cross the road to get there, and if you wanna walk it's really near to alexanderplatz and other interesting spot in the city. We had two bottles of water and two bottles of beer every day and the room was always perfectly clean and had all the space we needed. The staff was extremely helpful, providing us with directions if we had any problem getting somewhere. The room is provided with a safe with your personal password, and hair dryer. If I'll ever come back to berlin (and I hope so because I really enjoyed everything in the city) I'll definitely come back to Derag Henriette!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2011

The first time in Berlin. We took the X09 bus from Tegel airport (you can buy any ticket you want from the bus but you'll have to have smaller bills or the exact amount of money, or else you have to que inside the A -terminal -with 100 people or more). At the end station (zoo) we changed to U2 subway/tram and get off at märkisches museum.
The hotel: nice place with good staff and free minibar. We took the cheaper option of the room so we saved about 50€ per night but we didn't get breakfast. Actually we found several places suitable for breakfast the best was -of course- to be found on the last day. The place is at rungestrasse and bruckestrasse corner (actually google maps seems to show that there's a travel agency, but it really is there). It's a small bakery type of cafeteria with good-sized portions and fresh orange juice.
I hope that those who buy their room on full price get better floors since our carpet was more like hard-wood floor, tramped down etc.
Even when the room is not that glamorous you have to remember that its just the place to sleep, thats our principal number one. The location, 50 metres from metro station and maybe a kilometer from Alexandersplatz, is optimal for us. After walking round the city and checking all the glamorous sights you have only seen pictures of, its nice to come back to the hotel and have same complimentary beer :)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends