“excellent, high quality, fun bicycle hire”

Finding Berlin Tours
Ranked #214 of 373 Tours in Berlin
Berlin, Germany
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“excellent, high quality, fun bicycle hire”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I was recommended to Finding Berlin as I was looking for somewhat cooler/more fashionable cycles to hire for the duration of my and my partner's week long Berlin holiday.

Berlin is easy to get around by bike, being flat, and with bicycles welcome on most trains.

The bikes from Finding Berlin were clean, easy to ride and light. Tyres are skinny, perfect for road riding. They looked great and turned quite a few heads. Good quality locks and lights were provided, and we were happy to rent the two cycles for the whole week: an expensive proposition, given that Finding Berlin charges at least twice what other bike shops charge for hire - but these aren't just any bikes.

The owner, Martin, speaks excellent English and is both friendly and helpful. He'd only recently opened, and therefore hadn't started doing tours yet, but his facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/findingberlintours and website give details of what he's doing, and when.

We were among his first customers and were delighted when he presented us with a small bottle of sparkling wine each, which we enjoyed in a picnic on the banks of the Spree later on.

We had a couple of issues: the toe clips to hold my shoes on the pedals were annoying, so I removed them; and my saddle wasn't at the right height and angle. I bought a tool to adjust that, which Martin was happy to refund.

I'd absolutely recommend Finding Berlin bike hire if you want something significantly better and more fun than the poorly maintained, heavy workhorses you'll find at most of the city's cycle hire shops.

Visited August 2011