“Overpriced, but great atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Fleischerei

Fleischerei
Ranked #690 of 8,291 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European, Central European, German, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Berlin, Germany
“Overpriced, but great atmosphere”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

I went to Fleischerei with my husband, who has wanted to go or a long time. The ambience was lovely. The contrast of chandeliers against simple tables and benches was very nice. The flowers and decor are also amazing.

The service was also fairly good and fast. We shared the beef tartare appetizer. It was good, but I've had better in Berlin with bigger portions (KaDeWe, Galeries LaFayette, etc.) As an entree, I got the filet with sweet potato fries and a salad. Everything was good, but the portions were a bit small for the €28 price. I think I got five fries. My salad was mainly field greens with maybe five slices of red and yellow pepper. The Bernaise sauce that came with my filet was the only thing I had more than enough of. It wasn't that the food wasn't good. It was very good. It just wasn't a great value.

My husband got a plate that consisted of two strips of beef served on arugula and pieces of bread with aioli. Priced at €13, a much better deal.

I think that in the end, I've had better meat in Berlin. This is a really cool place though, worth trying. Just have a snack before you go... Or just go for a drink.

• Polish first
Berlin
“food ok, but price/quality&quantity ratio bad”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

restaurant is by far too expensive for what one gets.
i cannot say that the food was bad, but it was just ok, and considering prices it just doesn't fit.

several pieces of blutwurst (blood saussage) on a pile of potatoes cost around 12e. neither were super-tasty, specially prepared, and the quantity is also moderate (left me a bit hungry. a female friend of mine had the same feeling with her dish).
usually i don't pay mind to quantity, but one must find a reason to pay that much for just some fried blutwurst in berlin.

service was slow and chaotic, but very friendly.

• Visited December 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Not for hungry people”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant was packed -a good sign - I got in because I was on my own and I was put at the end of the bar counter. Probably a good idea to make a reservation if you're not flying so like me. The restaurant appears to be in what used to be a butcher's shop with old aged photos of the old shop front and hanging carcasses adorning the walls. Maybe not too appetizing but got used to it soon enough as hunger took charge. I had the tournedos of striploin with sides of truffelated potato gratin and salad. The tournedos weren't as tender as I had expected but the potato gratin made up for it.
This was followed by dessert - Butcher's Trio - tiramisu, chocolate mousse and strawberry cream. The
tiramisu needed more liqueur, otherwise the strawberry cream was light and refreshing, chocolate mousse was well made, not cloying sweet but chocolatey. Tasted better than the presentation. A little on the expensive side due to the smaller portions. I thought just ordering one mains which came with 2 side dishes would be enough but it wasn't and that was why I ordered dessert and ate most of the bread. Same goes for the wine. 4-6 euros for a glass of house wine. I'd go to this restaurant again but next time I'll be sure to order a starter as well.

London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful decor and friendly staff”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had a delicious meal and I really enjoyed my pre aperitif drink.
We went early and sat at the window watching the world go by.
I would recommend heading there a little bit later 8.30/9pm to experience all the atmosphere.

Visited August 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent food and wine interesting venue”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

This is in an old butcher and is impressive with tiles to the ceiling and historic photographs. Big wooden tables. Wide selection of good wines. Tasty food and good serves. Butcher (tenderloin) sandwich and zander fish were both super. Service was fantastic too.

• Visited June 2013