“Superb service. Great food.”

Brasserie la bonne franquette
Ranked #361 of 8,447 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: French, Gastropub
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Oslo, Norway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb service. Great food.”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was the best meal I had in my trip to Berlin. The waitering was excellent and we did not have to wait long for food. I ordered gazpacho for starter, and for main courses we had Risotto and Duck, dessert were chocolate fondant which we split. I will not describe the food in detail, but it was very good and came in large portions. I eat a lot, and starter plus main course and half a desert were plenty enough. For 1 starter, 2 main courses, 1 dessert and a bottle of red wine we payed 80€. I highly recommend this place.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank RHF29

Harstad, Norway
“Excellent waitering!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I thought that waitors that waited somewhere in between the curtain was something that was lost in the Victorian England, but here it was in the 21st century Germany. They waited on you, bringing you more bread even though you hadn't even finnished the last serving. And the entrecôte was so tender you could eat it with a spoon. By the way, my husband ate froglegs for the very first time, and he found it delicious!
The size of the main course was huge, mine was so big that my husband ate some too and we still couldn't finnish it. I swear that the entrecôte (beef for those who doesn't know) must have been at least 300 grams and with salat and potatoes.
In total we ate and drank lots for a price that was well bellow what it would have cost us in Norway. 129 euros is a very nice price for 2 appetizers, 2 main courses, 4 glasses of wine, 4 drinks and water besides. The atmosphere was awsome.

• Visited July 2013
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Real, authentic, quality, not pretentious brasserie food, great management! I strongly recomend this berlin restaurant for all wine and food lover

• Visited June 2013
Carmel, California
“Excellent Meal!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We loved our meal at La Franquette! The restaurant is near a Metro stop in an un-touristy neighborhood. The entrecote was perfectly rare, and those pomme frites! Attentive, friendly staff even though it was a busy night.

• Visited June 2013
UK
“Great local restaurant”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were recommended here and it did not disappoint. We asked to share an onion and blue cheese tart and it came to the table already cut in half with a very generous helping of a lovely salad. My main course of turbot was excellent, simply cooked with roasted vegetables. Our party of six had nothing but praise for this lovely restaurant. The staff were very attentive and friendly and helpful. Thoroughly enjoyed our evening here.

• Visited May 2013