$112
$135
$131
Trip.com
2,654 results
All reviewsmarlene barthe club loungesenior suitedeluxe roomexcellent hotelbusiness hoteltiergarten parkspa areabreakfast buffetrain showercoffee machineshopping arealarge bathroomgreat roomwalk in showerluxury hotelbus stop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We recently stayed here for 5 nights in a junior suite and thought everything was excellent. The suite is great if you have kids, a fabulous bathroom with rainfall shower was super, loads of fluffy towels and robes etc. The breakfast buffet had everything including salmon, freshly squeezed juices, organic hams, cheeses etc, the staff were brilliant, special mention to the tall male Maître D who epitomized professionalism he was great. The spa was really luxurious with lots of different steam rooms, showers etc. The hotel is in a great location next to the zoo, only 10 mins to Brandenburg gate on the bus which stops right outside the hotel, also only 20 mins to airport on bus. The hotel is run with true German efficiency, absolutely spotless, I never write reviews but felt compelled to after such a great stay, we will definitely return.
Gary

Room Tip: Try and get a junior suite if you can, ours was a corner one with great views of TV tower.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Robert_P_Herr, General Manager at InterContinental Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Dear Gary B,

Thank you so much for your enthusiastic and praising words. I am absolutely pleased to learn that the team made such a great impression that you even felt compelled to write a review.
It is really a pleasure to read reviews like yours which show that we do not only meet but also exceed our guest’s expectations. For this reason I am looking forward to your next stay with your family to repeat your recent experience.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I arrived in the evening later than planned and missing a suitcase, for some reason my room was still being cleaned. The guest relations manager Mr. Ehrenreich promptly moved me into the suite that I had on my last visit which was a nice surprise.
As I know Berlin pretty well I have little contact with the concierge dept. This time I notified them of my missing bag, they took a copy of the paperwork and then dealt with the airline. They then called to tell me when the bag would arrive and put it in my room whilst I was out. Well done and thank you, esp. as some reviewers seem lest pleased with that department.
The rooms in the older but refurbished wing do tend to have a better view, either the zoo or on higher floors over the Tiergarten and Mitte. As one would expect the rooms are clean and well maintained . There are muliple tv channels in a variety of languages, something like 20 in English. For me the free wifi is fine, maybe it will be too slow if you want to download movies.
The pool and spa is very nice in all weather but a bubble in the hot tub is especially nice in Winter with the snow falling outside the windows.
Given how spread out Berlin is the hotel is well located for both sides of town with acres of greenery on three sides. I think the buses outside take 5 mins to get to Unter den Linden and run every few mins. So seeing the sights of Mitte is pretty easy. The new Bikini shopping centre is a few mins walk away with the trendy Monkey Bar next to it with nightly DJ's if you want some nightlife closeby.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a Tiergaten view, it is stunning
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo

Dear bongoblog,

Thank you for your detailed review with many hints for our other guests. I am pleased to learn that you appreciate the service of our team, especially of our concierges and Mr. Ehrenreich. I will forward your compliments to both.
As you have already described the hotel is centrally located and with bus 200 you can reach most sights and districts of Berlin within a short time.
I am looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

It is not a location you want to stay in when you come to Berlin for the first time. Its the boring west here. But if its a business trip - this is a GREAT hotel. The lobby looked old but I got a newly renovated room, modern and very convenient. AND - most of all, they have a perfect spa, great relaxing swimming pool, nude hot steam areas, relaxation rooms. Also its a short walk from the main shopping streets and U train.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Robert_P_Herr, General Manager at InterContinental Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Dear ron l,

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your stay at the InterContinental Berlin. I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. The location of the InterContinental is not as vibrant as districts like Mitte, but the hotel is centrally located and there are several restaurants and bars in the proximity.
Your compliments referring to our Spa are very much appreciated and I hope to welcome you back for additional relaxing stays.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Too many good points: the staff was professional and helpful, especially the ones at check-in and check-out, the service was great, the breakfast was the best I have seen so far in Europe and America in the same price range, etc. While, the hotel is getting a little old, staff in my room (in the smaller and shorter hotel building) is peeling off, not so much, the view from the room was OK, nothing impressive at all. Maybe the room inside the taller tower are better. An excellent hotel that definitely matches and even surpass average IC service, would love to visit again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Pengseanwu,

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your recent stay. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated our service. Your compliments on our breakfast are much appreciated and I will share your comments with our teams.
I am sorry that you did not feel comfortable in your room. The variety of rooms at the InterContinental serves a wide range of tastes and preferences. From your review I learn that you were accommodated in our East Wing rooms which are characterized by classical design. Based on the points you have mentioned I would like to recommend the West Wing rooms (the taller building). These rooms were lately renovated in 2010 and feature a modern interior design. Our reservation team is always ready to advise you upon your next stay or to show you different room categories before check-in.
Thank you again for your compliments and for recommending the InterContinental Berlin and it will be an honour to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Room was upgraded as Platinum IHG member. Room is spacious and clean. Lounge has nice food and drinks. Location is closed to KaDeWe and others shopping street. Definitely will visit again. Breakfast is in coffee shop is a must, delicious omelette egg and german bratwurst

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Danand W,

Thank you for staying at the InterContinental Berlin and for being a loyal IHG Platinum member. In a quiet location and at the same time centrally situated the hotel is a perfect destination for both sightseeing and business or recreation. I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed our breakfast and I will take you at your word and look forward to your next stay.