“Wonderful rooms, excellent location, friendly and discreet service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Berlin

Ranked #27 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersGold level
Vienna, Austria
“Wonderful rooms, excellent location, friendly and discreet service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Loved the hotel! Had a perfect check in late after midnight, having been greeted at the door and accompanied up to the room. The room was spacious and i loved the bathroom facilities (walk in shower and separate bathtub) . Alll very sleek and modern.
The staff is friendly, professional and discreet!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Christine M
Robert_P_Herr, Geschäftsführer at InterContinental Berlin, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Christine M,

Thank you very much for your kind rating. I will be more than happy to inform the hotel staff about your positive experience you have had. Positive comments like yours are always a tremendous motivation for our team.

Looking forward to welcoming you again at the InterContinental Berlin.

InterContinental Berlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Noosa, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I am a seasoned traveller and have stayed in many locations and many 5 star locations in my time,but have never had all the stars lining up quite like this : from receiving an email from the concierge beforehand, to the welcoming reception at the reception desk ,to the upgrade to a suite in view of my being a platinum member ,to the bar,to the brilliant breakfast, to the room facilities, to the obvious way the staff are trained to do that little more to encourage customers to return, to the efficient check-out service and lastly to the helpful concierge services..usually I am streetwise enough to mostly get by without the services of a concierge,but I thought if it is going to be done with such professionalism ,why not use it? At the end of it a bill a tad over 500e for 3 nights.In Australia one would have paid double that for half the returns.Then ,there is the fact that the hotel is so well positioned...next to the Tiergarten, less than 10 euros away by cab from the main station ,and for the shopper 10 minutes pleasant walk away from paradise at Ka De We.And lastly of course one is in the heart of Berlin,surely the most interesting and exciting capital city in Europe. I cannot imagine how one can go wrong with this one!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nikliss,

Thank you for your very inspiring and positive review. I am very happy to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us in Berlin and that you experienced our German capital at its best. I will be more than pleased to share your comments with my staff and especially the Concierge team, this is a great motivation for all of us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I really liked this place. When we checked in the lady at the desk gave us a clear map of Berlin as well as tourist advice which was much appreciated. We found all the staff to be helpful and cheery throughout the stay. I must give special thanks to Sebastian at front desk for helping us, at midnight one night!

The breakfast was awesome, with such a huge variety. It is not cheap at 30 EUR a head if you are paying separately, but still, the quality and range are excellent.

The room was a great size - we had a king sized bed. I loved the bathroom with the rain shower, power shower and bath options, as well as a separate WC.

The location is very central -close to the zoo and maybe five minutes walk to two u-Bahns. It is really close to Kadewe, where I did a fair amount of damage on my credit card - you are warned!

I would stay here again if I came back to Berlin, unless I wanted to be in a different part of the city.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robert_P_Herr, General Manager at InterContinental Berlin, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Hlemette

thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience of your stay with so many nice compliments.

Our teams will be pleased to read your review which I will circulate with pleasure. They made your stay memorable which is of utmost importance to us.

When you go to KaDeWe, be ready to be tempted as they provide a great range of shopping opportunities. Especially the delicacies department is a treat for your sense of taste.

Our teams and I look forward to your next Berlin trip - it is only a short but refreshing journey from London to Berlin and back.

Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Good to see that this hotel is again an Intercontinental Hotel. Room in the Westwing - great room with a view to East. Spacious room, great and spacious bathroom..
Mega friendly service in the breakfast room, great offering and choice, As the Temperatur allows select to sit outside on the Zoo Terrace.
The Marlene Bar has an outside terrace - the service there is a bit slow. Drinks are tasty.

Room Tip: room at the West Wing with view to East
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Anton,

we are also glad to have you back. Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed the friendliness of our teams and I hope that you will have the chance to return in the future.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel and the service is excellent. Close to restaurants and the Zoo. You can walk to many major attractions from this hotel. It is also a short walk to the many hop on/hop off bus tour stops. Enjoyed the Marlene Bar and had an excellent dinner at Hugo's. The rooms are also very comfortable. I would definitely stay at this hotel on my next visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Melita

what delightful words which I want to thank you for.

Besides the shopping area surrounding Kurfürstendamm, major attractions near the InterContinental Berlin include Berlin's memorial church and the city's largest park Tiergarten. Brandenburger Tor and Potsdamer Platz are also not far from our hotel.

Hugos Restaurant provides Michelin star cuisine on top of West Wing on the 14th floor and I will happily forward your feedback to the team with chef Thomas Kammeier.

Our team and I hope to welcome you back in the future - for a business or a private trip.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Great location, very helpful staff, a true 5-star gem in Berlin. I went to Berlin for one night, the concierge organized a bicycle rental for me in advance, bike was brand new and ready one time (I even got to use it the next day in the morning for free). Rooms are modern and spacious, quiet with nice bathrooms...I had a great stay. Thanks

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Patrick

when you have a great stay, we achieved our goal and I want to thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor.

Our concierges are always ready to guide you towards interesting spots in the city as well as to arrange tours or means of transportation for yourself to explore Berlin. You can also contact them also ahead of your stay to plan your ideal city break.

Again, thank you for reviewing the InterContinental Berlin and our teams and I look forward to your return.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Great location, they can even arrange to pick you up from the airport (the driver was right outside when our plane landed the car was clean and driver very helpful). We found the check in-service to be quick, the suite we had was excellent. The choice of food was good, and the service we received was of a very high standard. We found the hotel staff very friendly and helpful particulalry the staff on the reception. As this was our first time in Berlin we used the concierge service to arrange tickets for some of the wonderful attractions they were knowledgeable and courteous, answering any questions we had. We even contacted the concierge staff before we left England to arrange airport pick up via e-mail, and we found this service excellent. We would highly recommend this hotel and when we return to Berlin we will be staying here again.

Room Tip: I was attending a conference with my wife and son i would recommend a Junior Suite as it was large e...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robert_P_Herr, General Manager at InterContinental Berlin, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear MJP

thank you for sharing your experience at the InterContinental Berlin and for all your compliments. It will be my pleasure to forward your feedback to our concierges as they did an excellent job before and during your family's stay.

They say "Berlin is always worth a trip" so I hope for you to have a chance to return soon.