“Just excellent” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Just excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times and I was always happy with my stay. The location is very convenient, the rooms are spotless clean, the service is great and the breakfast menu is simply amazing!!! You can also walk to a shopping mall nearby (attention: stores are always closed on Sundays so it is best to shop in any other day of the week!).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Ankinha
Robert_P_Herr, General Manager at InterContinental Berlin, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Guest

I am very pleased that you repeatedly enjoy your stays at InterContinental Berlin. I will forward your feedback to our teams and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

InterContinental Berlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel is well located and a great location for conferences.
Unfortunately, the charges for using the hotel phone are well beyond reasonable limits - I used a phone at reception and was charged about 10 EUR / minute for a call to Asia (without a price list available to warn me)
The friendly staff at reception lowered the cost, but I do feel that a hotel has more honorable ways to generate revenue.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and the positive feedback concerning our conference facilities.

According to my information, you have had contact with my colleague Chris Flaggl to reach an understanding. We will take this incident as occasion to review the way our guests are informed on our telephone charges at the reception and further encourage our teams to communicate actively.

Nonetheless, I wish to welcome you back soon during a conference or another occasion.

vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I've stayed at the Intercontinental in Berlin several times and although generally I was happy with my stay, I was a lttle disappointed this time. When I arrived it became evident that they had made a mistake with my reservation and didn't have a room available, so directed me to the Crowne Plaza three blocks away, where I spent the first night of my stay in Berlin. Next day when I checked back in and I brought it to the Manager's attention and it was confirmed that it was the Hotel's mistake and not mine, he was very apologetic and suggested he would make it right. I guess his idea of "making it right" was to give me a room across from the elevator. Later there was a problem with the delivery of my bags to my room, causing me to make several trips from my room to the front desk. Other than the difficulty checking in everything else was fine. The rooms are first class, the service is top notch, and the restaurant is great. I didn't, however,appreciate having to lug my bags three blocks down the road to another hotel and then back again as a result of their mistake, and I guess I expected they would have done something to make up for the inconvenience rather than simply apologize. The Intercontinental is a first class hotel and I guess I just expected better.

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel. As you have indicated, you have come to know during your previous stays that we offer our guests higher standards than what led to your review. For this reason I will contact you personally in order to follow up on your stay.

Obviously, you are a frequent guest and we greatly appreciate your loyalty. I hope to welcome you again soon and to be able to show you that we live up to the expectations you have.

Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel during October 2012. At the time of our stay there was a large Logistics Convention taking place at the hotel and I had been pre-warned by email that this would be the case.
I had booked a double room with Club access and on arrival we were shown to a room on the 7th floor which was well decorated and spacious enough but due to the design only a small flat screen TV which was inside an inaccessible glass-fronted alcove built into the wall was provided. It was impossible to view the TV from the bed and whilst it was not a big problem as we were staying for 6 nights I asked reception if they could allocate another room. The Duty Manager duly came out to see me and even though the hotel was very full he managed to find me another room on the 7th floor very quickly and arranged for the twin beds to be changed for a queen size. This was dealt with efficiently and without fuss.
The Club Lounge itself was very good with a good selection of hot and cold food at breakfast and wonderfully attentive staff.
All in all I was very impressed with the hotel and its staff and the fact that such a large scale event was taking place during our stay did not detract from our enjoyment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Robert_P_Herr, General Manager at InterContinental Berlin, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay even during one of our busy events. We strive to offer our guests a great hotel which flexibly handles guests’ requests and needs. I will thus happily forward your feedback to the respective teams.

I hope to welcome you back in Berlin in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Everything was great about the experience, well trained staff and very nice atmosphere. The lobby was extremely spacious but warmed with the piano notes coming out from the main bar.. The rooms are big and well decorated. The hotel is 5 mins walk from the downtown.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
    • 5 of 5 stars
Robert_P_Herr, General Manager at InterContinental Berlin, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your positive review. Our Marlene Bar is one of the few hotel bars in Berlin with daily live music. I am pleased that you felt that the lobby benefits from our bar’s atmosphere. I will forward your feedback to our teams and hope to welcome you back soon.

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Friendly, helpful staff who could not do enough to make our stay enjoyable. Supremely comfortable rooms with lots of space and a marvelous bathroom. Great Intercontinental Club - extensive breakfast, good lunch and hot dishes in the evening, with drinks. Faultless in every way.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Robert_P_Herr, General Manager at InterContinental Berlin, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Guest

many thanks for your great feedback and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I will share it will my entire team.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed here recently for the ICEF conference. I checked in quite early, room was ready and staff were very friendly and efficent. I think I had a slightly larger room as it was on a corner but the decor was superb and I thought it was very good. Few small issues though; day 1 lift button didn't work so you had to press up, get in and go up and go down. It was fixed quite quickly though. I had a big issue with the lights constantly flashing in the room. I did mention it but it didn't get resolved. Mentioned it again when I checked out and the lady on the desk was very apologetic. Loved the coffee machine, and the fact that the room had a sofa. Bathroom was good too, nice size, modern decor, HUGE shower. My bed had a large gap between the headboard and wall. We are talking around 40 cms, and that was a massive pain. The pillows fell down it when you tried to sleep. In fact the bed generally wasn't great, and not the standard I would expect from a 4*. I wish I could say I had slept well but sadly I didn't. Sound proofing is awful. I could hear every word of my neighbours conversation one night, and in the morning her alarm!

The best thing was the breakfast. I have stayed in 4 and 5* hotels in a number of locations and I would say this has to be the best ever. I really cannot praise it highly enough and would be tempted to go there just for a breakfast if I were ever in Berlin and wasn't staying there :-) If I were there on leisure I would certainly look at it again, even though the location is a little bit further out of the main sites.

Room Tip: Go for the East Wing which is the new one. Rooms are newly refurbed!
Dear Guest

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel during ICEF and I am grateful that you took the time to share your experience.

We aim at resolving all issues our guests have and I have discussed your feedback with our respective teams. I am sorry that you did not sleep well due to this inconvenience. Your review pointed us towards something we needed to improve, which we are about to eliminate and which will improve our guest experience.

I would like to point out that we offer earplugs to those affected by noise.

Your great compliment on our breakfast will encourage the L.A.Café team to keep up their good work and their dedication to always push the quality further.

Again, thank you for your thorough and positive review and I hope to welcome you back in the near future – for breakfast or more.