“Unproper treatment”

Ranked #24 of 211 Dessert in Berlin
Neighborhood: Mitte
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed January 4, 2013

An stablishment with such prices and characteristics doesn´t have a guest WC. When asked about it (really needed one!!), the employees will send you to search for one in the restaurants close to Amorino, and will offer no othe alternatives (and they do have one in the basement, but 2staff only"!!).
When coming back after a while, after an unsuccessful search in the neighbourhood, not even a polite question about my luck.
They do charge for what they sell (3€ for a coffee), but service leaves a lot to be desired.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I'm not a big fan of ice cream, I know, as a girl, but.. :) How I ended up there? I encountered 2 other travelers on the road. One of them recognized the store while we were walking. Apparently, he was willing to spend a whole day to look for Amorino in Paris, in order to take his family there. Lucky me. This must have been the BEST ice cream I've ever had. Anything that is chocolate or coffee is so awesome, full and rich in flavour. I found the price reasonable considering the high quality of ice cream you get. Now the problem is I'm even pickier in ice cream :)

Not very impressed with the service though. One of the girls working there seemed quite impatient and somewhat cocky. But my ice cream mood wasn't destroyed for a bit.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I discovered this lovely place for a happy coincidence: it's really near Hachesher Markt in Berlin, and I was walking there without a goal. So I decided to have an ice cream and I saw Amorino: great flavours, strange consistence but then you find out the reason: they create a flower ice cream ! A rose, more specifically. I had nuts, vanilla and stracciatella and all the 3 of them were reall good. Amorino deserves a visit ( a little bit expensive, I admit ) !

1  Thank DeDFlorence
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is the first time in my life I've had difficulty in recognizing ice cream flavors. The flavors I chose (tiramisu and pistachio) were absolutely tasteless. It's been like eating water in the form of ice cream. Absolutely disappointing. Don't let the nice shop window trick you and avoid this place.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Near Hackescher Markt, this great shop served up wonderful waffles with ice cream and we were pointed towards the soothing mulled red wine by the friendly guy serving. Wunderbar!

1  Thank Berliner_Frankie