“Tasty, stylish and educational” 5 of 5 bubbles

Berliner Kaffeerosterei
Ranked #262 of 8,231 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: German, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Kiev, Ukraine
“Tasty, stylish and educational”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Wonderful place for coffee-crazies, tea-likers and sweet-tooths. And you could also have nice lunch here. Worth every cent you pay for it

Visited February 2013

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki
“Fresh classic & good taste.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast was simply excellent and fresh. Service was nice too. Breakfast choices were also really healthy and not just bread. Worth the price definitely.

Also by fresh roasted coffee from the store!

Berlin, Germany
“Excellent products, poor service: a pity”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

We have been long term customers of the Berliner Kaffeerösterei, I have been a regular since I moved to Berlin in 2005. They have excellent coffee, good cakes, and great chocolate. So the products are really great - except for the breakfasts which are decent, not bad, but not exceptional either. You could always simply order coffee and some cake though. :-)

Unfortunately, the service has been getting worse over the years. This culminated in a really unpleasant experience last Sunday and that did it for us - we won't be coming back again, there are other options in Berlin. We were the first guests (4 people) to enter when they opened at 10am, so it was not too crowded or anything. Nevertheless, we had to wait 25 minutes until we were allowed to order - I would have left already but stayed for my girlfriend's and parents' sake. The heating was turned off and when I asked the waitress to please turn it on - we were freezing and all wearing our jackets, scarfs, and hats - she explained that she doesn't feel that cold. Well, good for you then. And it continued in this vein - long waiting times and strange behavior from the staff. The long waiting times have always been a problem, but as I said, it's been getting worse and worse and 25 minutes is definitely too long on a Sunday morning.

A pity, since this is a really nice place. I have also given them feedback personally a couple of times in the last two years, but no improvements. So I'll spend my euros elsewhere I guess.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Singapore, Singapore
“good place for breakfast & coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Likes: nice atmosphere, friendly staff, wider selection of cafe drinks than elsewhere, breakfast's not cheap but freshly prepared and good value for money (we tried the highest priced breakfasts and were happily surprised)
Dislikes: nothing really (the pictures were slanted and don't really seem to fit the atmosphere)

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CDNG
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Delicious breakfast at great price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

I had the best breakfast here. There was more than I could eat and everything was so delicious. The prices were very reasonable and the waitress was very sweet and professional. Next to the restaurant theres a very nice shop with coffees, teas and chocolates.