“something different and fun”
Review of BlackBird Tours

BlackBird Tours
Ranked #174 of 370 Tours in Berlin
More attraction details
Owner description: BlackBird Tours are historical, ghost and military themed walking tours in Berlin, Germany. We offer a wide range of scheduled and privately booked excursions both in the city and throughout northern Germany. Our scheduled tours- Last Nights of the Third Reich and Ghosts of Old Berlin run every night at 20:00- except Tuesday and Wednesday at 8 pm. We run 363 days a year.We leave from the old traffic light in Potsdamer Platz! Look for the guides in black with the white flyers. Come to us if you want the spooky history of old Berlin, the pomp and pageantry of the Imperial age or the horrors of the Third Reich!
Exeter, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“something different and fun”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Who knew about Berlin's spooky old history?
The Guide was very entertaining and gave us all a good laugh while sharing the strange legends of this old city.
This tour is a real tonic if you want something different to the normal Nazi and Cold war stuff that is offer all over the city.

Visited August 2011

Berlin, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“loved it!”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

i went on the 2 tours that Black Bird offers, One about the fall of the Reich, which gave a fasniating insite to the last days of the Third Reich, and the Ghosts of Berlin, which was alot of fun, and taught me alot i never knew about this city.
Both were really intersting and entertaing, something very different from the usual offerings in this city.
Our very knowlegable guide (lauren) was awesome, she answered all my questions, and even made us laugh!
I would highly recomend these tours :D

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Kylie K
Seattle, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The Day of the Third Reich”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Came to Berlin on my honeymoon and the hubby loves the third Reich and World War Two history. We decided to treat ourselves to a full day private tour with Lauren. I was a little worried I would be bored stiff, but it wasnt. Lauren was realyl cool. She showed us an amazing day. I really learned a lot about the fall of Berlin- things I certainly hadnt heard in school. There were all sorts of personal details about the Nazis- it was war and gossip at the same time.

My husband was really pleased too. He visited Berlin 2 years ago and did a Third Reich tour that seemed to be more about the holocaust than the war and the personalities and the politics behind all of that. While Lauren talked about that, there was really a lot more. It was also interesting to hear her stories of ordinary Germans in the city from the people she has interviewed.

I absolutely recommend Blackbird and Lauren. If you have the cash, treat yourself to a private tour.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Diane J
Berlin, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing True Story Teller!”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Wow! I went on the "Last Nights of the Third Reich" tour on Sept 30, 2011. My guide was Lauren and she was the 3rd Reich history guru! We had such an amazing time with our groupon tour, that my friends and I did a 4 hour private Nazi history tour with Lauren on Oct 5th. She an was incredible, theatrical true story, teller. I hadnt heard about the victimization of women in the city as the war ended, ever before. I am facinated by women's history, so this was really interesting for me. I am amazed that they survived what they did. I just learned so much.

Visited September 2011
4 Thank watertiger3
Sheffield, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Disturbingly sympathetic to Nazi history”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I went on this tour because of the groupon deals, but I now seriously regret that. Like so many others I find the history about the Third Reich incredibly interesting, and also very important to remember. So that we don't repeat the same mistakes again. Blackbird offer an extra long and detailed tour about the Nazi time.

Our guide Lauren knows her stuff, and is very passionate about it. A bit too passionate. She was always taking the side of the perpetrators of these horrible crimes against humanity.
I had a very bad taste in my mouth after this tour. There was no sympathy for the victims. I have Jewish friends who's grand parents were killed. I have also met a survivor, and was moved to tears when he told me how his mother and sister were kicked to death in front of his eyes in Riga concentration camp.
This is what we have to remember, not how good the generals looked in their fancy uniforms and leather boots.

Visited May 2011