“Afternoon Tea”

Ranked #11 of 624 Nightlife in Berlin
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 12, 2014

After a very enjoyable weekend in Berlin we decided to round it off with afternoon tea at The Adlon which was mainly a very enjoyable experience.
Unfortunately as we were 11 we were seated a a single long table on the first floor looking down over the lobby & fountain which immediately made us feel like we were out of the 'action' and it was impossible to speak to people at the far end of the table.
Our young waiter was very helpful & polite & coped with the needs of 11 people very well, bringing endless refills of tea which was lovely (I'm very fussy) while the food was ok but nothing outstanding. I've had much better but I've also had worse.
In summary it was a very enjoyable way to finish our weekend but mainly because of the sum of its' parts rather than the food.

There are newer reviews for Lobby Lounge & Bar

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Difficult to believe, but "Adlon Oblige", the lobby lounge of the Adlon is an excellent place for a cocktail and a light meal. Full of atm osphere, and firendly service. Prices are evidently "very Adlon". This is no fast food place.....

Reviewed March 3, 2014

The assortiment of cakes, sweets and salty snacks was probably the worst I've ever had in my life. The menu costs EUR 42 and to be honest, none of the "delicacies" included was good. Especially the salty snacks were absolutely terrbile: different kinds of jellies and aspics on small pieces of bland toast - just like Berthabeb said - four balls of nothing. The service was a bit slow but excellent. The atmosphere was nice and the overall experience was good, but definitely don't order the afternoon tea-menu.

2  Thank mi650
kosinlay, Manager at Lobby Lounge & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear valued customer,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts here on Tripadvisor. We are highly appreciative of your feedback since it helps us to monitor and improve our service standards. It is a pleasure to read that you have had a good overall experience. However, it is very unfortunate that our Afternoon Tea could not meet your expectation. Rest assured that your feedback was discussed respectively. I remain at your entire disposal if you wish to provide us with more details on your experience, and look forward to hearing from you via leonard.cernko(at)kempinski.com.

Yours sincerely,
Leonard Cernko
Director of Food and Beverage

Reviewed February 18, 2014

My husband and I spent a fair number of Euros for the pleasure of having cocktails in the ground floor lounge of this famous hotel near the Brandenburg Gate. But it was a true pleasure and we enjoyed the indulgence, the people-watching, and the decorations (Christmas week). The service was very professional and prompt in an old-style manner. Do not bring the kids (we came here while our college kids went clubbing!)

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have to agree with Wiard S about this hotel. My friend and I had afternoon tea on a recent trip to Berlin and thought it would be to die for but turned out to be a bit of a rip off.The menu suggests roast beef and horseradish, smoked salmon etc but these were not sandwiches just 4 chocolate sized balls of nothing. 2 scones very medioocre and very little clotted cream, a small dish of jelly and fruit and no cake just 4 very small chocolate sized fancies. The service was excellent and a very pleasant ambience but not worth 29 euros!

3  Thank berthabeb