“Delicious food at pocket friendly prices in a cosy setting”
Review of Cafe am Petriplatz

Cafe am Petriplatz
Ranked #660 of 10,098 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: German
Neighborhood: Museum Island
Neighborhood: Museum Island
Reviewed September 17, 2018

Visited this restaurant twice during my recent trip to Berlin. On my first visit I had a schnitzel with potato salad and on my second visit I had a chicken schnitzel with deep fried potato wedges. Both were delicious and very reasonably priced - under 10 euros.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 27, 2018

The six of us arrived in Berlin and the cafe was right beneath our apartment. We had lunch on the day we arrived and the food and service were both excellent. I’d recommend the Windbeutel which I’d never had before - my sons recommend the orange cheesecake and the ice cream sundaes.

The staff were really friendly and spoke really good English; which was a great help. We popped by the cafe most days and the staff working there offered advice on places to go.

I’d recommend anyone visiting if they can and are in the area.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

We had breakfast on our first holiday day in Berlin. The setting is very cozy and the staff (a young man very fluent in English ) especially welcoming. Traditional German food is served. Nothing fancy but filling. The price is absolutely reasonable: nothing compared to pricey hotel breakfasts.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 6, 2018 via mobile

Pleasant little cafe serving traditional German food and cakes. Nice people. Not fancy—a bit like grandma’s living room—but quiet and pleasant. No English in sight, which for Berlin is saying something, particularly in Mitte.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed December 29, 2017

As we were staying at the Hotel Capri and didn't want to pay the exorbitant cost of their breakfast, we wandered a block down the street to the Cafe am Petriplatz. What a little gem this is. Lovely, huge and reasonably priced breakfasts of eggs, toast, butter, fresh tomatoes, tea and coffee served by the delightful owner. My only regret was that we do not speak enough German to have had a conversation with her as she grew up in East Berlin and I think would have had a fascinating story to tell.
In the winter, the cafe doesn't open til about 10 am, but in the summer it opens much earlier.

Date of visit: October 2017