“3 Nights. 24 hour bar. Hot room.”

TITANIC Comfort Hotel Berlin Mitte
Ranked #157 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
London, England, United Kingdom
“3 Nights. 24 hour bar. Hot room.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed in the Titanic for 3 nights. Lovely friendly staff and close to Spittlemarkt station.
We were a little disappointed to check into a twin room when we booked a double bed -I still have no idea why hotels make twin rooms when there is nothing more unromantic for a couple than SPLIT beds and if you were travelling with a friend, why would want to sleep that close to them anyway?! We immediately went back down to see if there was by any chance a double bed room free, sadly not so we opted for at least a double blanket which they brought up to us.

The bar is open 24 hours and the staff are friendly.
2nd issue with the room was the drain! My first shower resulted in me having to be fast and get out before...um, the shower flooded! Thankfully the staff were helpful and friendly and arranged to have this fixed right away.
The room was a great size, clean and comfortable. No view due to a construction site - they started work on the site at 7am on a the Saturday! This I know is not the hotel's fault it was just a pity about the noise.
I would however, stay here again. Good rates, great staff and lovely rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

a really excellent hotel, somewhat misguidedly titled...or maybe a stroke of marketing genius. Whatever, the hotel is friendly, efficient and great value for money. Great breakfasts, well situated and very helpful.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Nice hotel , very near spittelmarke station U2, but the room I had was too small for a couple. Very small, actually. Despite this surprise just after we got into the room, the services are excellent and the price fair. The problem is that there isn't no much to do around. Whatever you have to do, take de U2.

Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Nice hotel, very clean with efficient and very helpful staff. Rooms are compact but very clean and pleasant. We had a room on the front of the hotel which was VERY noisy due to large scale construction works opposite. Our friends had a room at the back which was quiet. Location very convenient.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back not facing the building works!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three nights at the beginning of October 2013. The location was spot on for us tourists, hotel clean, the bar was limited but cheap enough for a hotel. We never ate there but the food smelled good. The rooms were very small, but clean, and we only slept and washed there so it was no big deal for us. We have recommended it to a friend who is visiting Berlin for the Christmas markets in December.

Tel Aviv, Israel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

When i searched for hotel i didnt have much choice because i wanted a specific area and all hotels were sold out. I ignored the bad reviews to just get the same attitude from the receptionists.

We arrived at the hotel last week (18.9.13) and while checking in they asked us to pay for the reservation (I use to paying at the check out but its not a problem). me and my friend gave the receptionist 2 credit cards to bill, she took 1 card and said :" i only need one". we assumed it was for a security and wont be charged. when she gave me the receipt I asked if she charged my card cause we gave her two to split the bill. she said "im sorry, i cant charge two cards". i knew it was a lie and the charging wasn't my problem. she deciding for me how to pay - is my BIG problem. i would expect her to explain, before charging, that its not possible to split it (although its a lie) and give me the choice on how to pay (we preferred cash than one card).

All confused and feeling deceived i went up to my room and then my friend came back to her and asked to talk to the manager. The manager asked her about the event and she lied saying we gave her only one card. the manager canceled, as we requested, 50% of the charge and my friend paid with his card the other half (suddenly they can charge 2 cards....mmmm) and he noticed she charged us 7 euros for the procedure of cancellation.
when he asked her why she charge us if its their mistake she said she dont know and she will check with the security camera (over our head).

we stayed for 6 nights. no one came to us. no 7 euro refund. no nothing.

Berlin is such a beautiful city, such welcoming people and culture , PLEASE do not ruin your vacation on this low- serving, gold digging hotel. Im sure TripAdvisor can provide you enough info about other great hotels.

Bad Bad Bad service- just like other before me mentioned and i ignored.

Note to Hotel- Please do not reply to this message. put your efforts in educating your staff to a better service-giving-attitude and less for give-me-your-money-and-leave-me-alone attitude.

Best wishes to all travelers.

Cheers

Room Tip: rooms are too small for the price. no room to put the clothes just to hang your coats
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MuqaS
York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Nice, immaculately clean and tidy hotel. Breakfast good. Stayed here for 4 nights in August 2013 and very happy overall with the hotel. We were immediately offered an upgrade on the room when we checked in for either 10 or 20 euros per night. We can see why you would (only negatives were that our room was VERY small and on the 'bin' side - you can't beat the noise of bin wheels and crashing rubbish at 7am on holiday) but not worth it just to sleep in. Hotel does not have a pool which would've been nice (if had time). The hotel hires out very comfortable bikes at a good rate which is crucial for a break in Berlin. I would definitely recommend this hotel but wouldn't stay here again as I would go somewhere much cheaper, maybe north of the city. Calling all Brits - go to the Tiergarten beer garden and see how it should be done. Perfect - no chavs.

Room Tip: Teeny weeny basic room but very nice. Shower flooded bathroom but don't they all in hotels?
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple