“Hidden gem”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We only found the Zur Rose by chance, but had a really good meal for an excellent price. Their Weiner Schnitzel was probably the best one I had in Berlin, and it was under 10 euros, and freshly cooked. My husband had a really good steak. I had beer with lemonade, and it was a bit strong for my taste, but they willingly gave me a small glass of Sprite to dilute it with! Staff were friendly and I would happily go back there.

There are newer reviews for Zur Rose

Reviewed April 4, 2013

This small friendly cafe might not look that special from outside but they have excellent food and amazing breakfasts.
If you are looking for breakfast try theirs and you'll love it.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Just amazing. Please go. Local bar that serves great schnitzel. Good staff if you go at the weekend. Was made to feel very welcome and it's just a really cool and hip place to hang out. Can get VERY busy but worth waiting for a table

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We came across Zur Rose by accident but I was very glad we did. The food was traditional german and was delicious (especially the meatballs!). Great wine and there was a good choice of beer (you could actually opt to pour your own pint if you wanted..) The style of the place was funky and cosy at the same time. Would definitely return next time I'm in Berlin...

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We came here for my birthday for dinner. The venue was very cool and the staff were friendly. We had delicious food... Viennese potatoes and schnitzels, tagliatelle with strawberries...yum! Interesting menu!