“Amazing meal”

Ranked #1,461 of 8,860 Restaurants in Berlin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Within walking distance of our stay at Hotel Indigo Alexanderplatz. Didn't know what to expect but when we got in to the restaurant we were really impressed. Very busy and a short wait, but well worth it, excellent steak and wine. Considered going back the following night but felt we should try other restaurants in the city!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Being a lover of Argentinian steak, I decided to try this restaurant very close to Alexanderplatz in central Berlin. First thing I noticed it was not busy but nobody came to greet and seat us. In fact one waitress just looked at us as if we were from another planet. So, we sat at a table and waited at least 15 minutes before we actually had to ask for a menu. The waiter just came over and put the menus down and walked away without saying a word.
When we finally got served I ordered the "Argentinian Ribeye" medium and 30 mins later it arrived and it was completely cooked through and was very difficult to cut (I doubt it had ever seen Argentina). The waiter this time was much more friendly and more professional than the previous 2. He apologized and said I would get another in a few minutes. Meanwhile my daughter was eating her food. 25 minutes later my new steak arrived and it was exactly the same as the first one (rubbery and totally over cooked) at this point I gave up on the idea of a staek and ordered ribs which were only ok. The only good thing about this 2 hour ordeal was the house red wine tasted great but I should hope so at 6,10€ per glass. I would never go back and would urge people not to try it. I think it survives on tourists because there are new ones everyday who will never be back.

1  Thank Justin B
Reviewed April 7, 2013

the restaurant has a nice decoration, if you sit by the window the view is good. good wine selection. but the restaurant is all about meat, and the meat is average.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Al very good food, staff great and very helpful. Elevated position at a busy junction great view from our window table

Reviewed March 19, 2013

It was a snowy night when our party went to Escados at Alexanderplatz - just a couple of minutes walk from the Park Inn Hotel by Radisson and within spitting distance of the Berlin Television Tower. Braving the slippery steps up into the restaurant, we found a warm, welcoming environment with lots of round brick arches and even a bridge that had to be crossed before you could enter the dining room itself. Lots of fun!

I had the mixed grill, colleagues enjoyed a variety of succulent steaks. Between us we experienced various potato choices - fries, jacket/baked potatoes and "fried" potatoes which which cooked with onion and bacon.

The food was exactly what was needed on a cold, snowy night: hearty and warming.

Quality was excellent, quantity just right and very friendly and attentive service.

On the way out, although a colleague had seen them clearing the snow, the steps were once again covered with snow/ice and quite treacherous. Some salt or grit would have been good.

Recommended.