5,860 results
All reviews fish tank huge aquarium museum island heat restaurant a business class room amazing aquarium aquarium view tv tower room facing small balcony brandenburg gate spree river hotel lobby fantastic hotel alexander platz alexanderplatz station perfect location
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Yes i used the word hate.

This was meant to be a birthday surprise for my wife celebrating her 30th birthday. Her birthday falls around valentines so being tight with budgets i went with booking a couple of weeks before hand to fit within budget and ensure we got everything we wanted out of the trip during what i imagined would be a quiet part of the year in Berlin.

We booked through a online agent that i have known and trusted for more than a decade and we decided back in november to book through the ‘pay at the hotel’ option to give me an opportunity to save a bit more money. Which i didn't have back then.

To my shock the hotel decided to take £113 from my account which was completely baffling and put me in a bit of a financial state which i had to go to my online agent to work out what went wrong.

The agent said it was Radissons way of authenticating the card. Unfortunately this was not made clear on the agent's website and when i left feedback (not a compliant at this time) to the hotel via their form they apologised and said they would talk to the agent to ensure this is better communicated in future. They recognised this booking was for my wifes birthday and promised they’d ‘do their level best to make me and my wife enjoy our stay’. Their exact words from the email they sent me on 23-November 2018. I eventually got that pending £113 back 2 weeks later.

So to clarify our booking consisted of 3 night stay in the aquadom facing room with additional breakfast paid for and i decided to surprise the wife by paying an additional £200 for the romantic spa/massage for 2. Due to coming off the back of christmas i had a budget to work with but at the same time wanted to treat my wife on her 30th birthday.

On arrival, we checked in with a gentleman who was neither rude or pleasant. He spoke very little and spun the card machine around to ask me to pay for the 3 nights. I put my card in and just after i keyed my pin i then realised something was wrong with the price. I immediately questioned and the advisor told me it was the room cost plus an extra 50 euros a night for incidentals, but that was a temporary borrow and would likely be restored onto my card. I was a bit confused but trusted the advisor and was led to our room.

Having used Radisson a lot for corporate events it's exactly what i expected for first impressions. The highlight is of course the amazing aqua dom directly facing the front balcony. It's an amazing sight and it gave the wow factor i was hoping for my wife on her birthday. She was also greeted to a bottle on wine which was a nice touch.

The beds are not comfortable. 3 nights and i didnt have a good sleep. But in fairness im a light sleeper anyway. The complementary water was there on arrival but never refilled on the next few days. Always thought that was refilled for radisson members, more on that later. Breakfast was overpriced and we didn't enjoy. There's a great coffee place next door which is more advisable.

Taking into consideration what the advisor at the desk had said to me i wanted to check my account to see what was taken out (or returned). As i originally suspected the additional 150 euros were taken from my account which led to me being very unhappy. It felt like deja vu from november.

I started to read a few reviews on the hotel and all of them were pointing to only 50 euros being taken for incidentals. But i had 150 taken. I was so confused and returned down the next morning to speak to the team behind the desk. The gentleman i was speaking to seemed nice but i don't believe did much to calm the issue. He explained it was policy and i asked to see the policy and he disappeared to go and get it. He then came back and apologised for the incident and said sometimes they take only 50 euros but on other occasions they take 50 a night. He then said he would look to give me back the 150 in cash as he understood how this would affect my finances for the trip. He told me to take a seat and he’ll sort something out. By this time we should of been out and about exploring Berlin but he was helping us out so we took a seat.

30 minutes passed and then my wife started to get agitated and approached the same gentleman and asked if there was an update. Baring in mind we were sitting in front of him all this time he replied in complete shock and pretty much said in the kindest possible way that he had forgotten. He then picked up the phone and spoke to the accounts department and moments later said that we won't be receiving cash and that policy was followed. The policy i still hadn't seen yet asked for.

He said he understood but i don't think he did. I had saved up for months for this occasion, i wasn't a corporate customer with a ‘what will be will be attitude’. I was a customer who wanted to come to Berlin for the first time and utilise the strict budget we had.

After 5 minutes of reflection we asked to speak to the manager. To our shock he was standing right next to the advisor this entire time but didn't make himself known. I explained the situation again and told him i was surprised this was how he treated his guest and radisson members. He told me he saw no details of my membership, which is something maybe the travel agent did not pass on from the notes, but regardless i was not asked at check in if i was a member. I usually use the corporate membership for Radisson so maybe we both got complacent.

Regardless the manager spoke to accounts again and again accounts did nothing. Bare in mind this is the 2nd time they have let us down financially and i told the manager i was starting to get angry and upset.

At this time i was fully prepared to cancel the spa day which was onsite but that was a policy i did read carefully and we would of been financially punished for cancellation. So we went ahead with this package and plus this was a treat.

So this left a horrible taste in our mouth as we had wasted more than a hour trying to get the money back with no prevail. We went to the spa for our romantic package for 2. The staff were the best in the hotel. Very warm and smiley. The massage itself was really good. But the relaxation room after was a bit of a joke as people kept on piling in when we were trying to relax. Not very romantic. So we went back up to our room to finish the complementary wine we was left on arrival. But room service decided to take this away from us despite being more than three quarters full. They left the dirty pint glasses and coffee mugs but went ahead and grabbed the wine. So back down again we went to the front desk speaking to the ‘not rude, not polite’ guy who checked us in and he pretty much approached our concern with ‘are you trying to pull a fast one’. He said we would have to wait for tomorrow to get the bottle of wine. Despite having the fridges full of them next door. After backwards and forward chat once again my wife just explained if she could grab a glass of wine at the bar and call it even. The advisor then told my wife to meet over at the bar and she ordered a glass of wine. Then moments later the advisor explained a bottle was on its way up to the room. Very confusing. Oh and we had to pay for the glass which we thought was free. Thanks again.

This last day has been a struggle financially as that extra 150 euros would of allowed us to do more. Instead we were cautious throughout the 2nd half of the trip. This hotel does not come with a recommendation from myself and i would ask customers to think twice about booking.

Oh and thanks for the 8am housekeeping knock every morning…..yes yes i know i should of put up the do not disturb sign.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We recently stayed here on a sightseeing visit to Berlin in January 2019. The hotel was the perfect location for exploring the city, with Museums, Alexanderplatz, Restaurants and Bars all within walking distance. It's also easy to get to from the airport, we got the train to Alexanderplatz station and then it was an under 10 minute walk from there to the hotel. Had a few drinks in the Hotel Bar both nights we were there and although a little expensive the drinks and the staff were both top notch.

Can also recommend the Blockhouse Restaurant and the Palm Beach and Hofbrau Berlin Bars as places worth a visit.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
RD_Berlin, Rooms Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel, Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear br1cee,
thank you so much for taking your time to write about your recent stay. We are so happy you had a nice time.
It would be lovely to welcome you back, should you be in town again.
With best wishes,
Katja Jacobi - Rooms Coordinator

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Hotel lobby is incredible - the enormous fish tank is a marvel - the rooms were generous in size and very comfortable - had a small balcony which was a great add on. I din't make breakfast as too hung over! but my friends were very impressed and said it was delicious and plentiful. Service from all staff was very professional. The location is great - Near lots of shopping, attractions, museums, restaurants, bars etc. Transport links to anywhere in the city right outside, trams, busses and Taxi. The only point i would make is that the check in and check out was slower (queued for 5-10 min) than i have experienced in other hotels. Would still HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
RD_Berlin, Guest Experience Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Daniel J, thank you so much for your fantastic review and great compliments. We love to read how much you and your friends enjoyed staying with us and that you had a good time. Our location is indeed a super starting point to explore the city and neighbourhood. Great to see you made the most of your trip and whenever you decide to come back you already know where to stay. Others do too as you recommended us so highly. Thank you so much. Best regards, Stefanie, Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was super looking forward to go to this hotel, first stay ever at 5 hotel. This hotel was much more expensive than others, but I wanted to give it a shot.

So, positives, great area, great indoor aquarium, nice bar downstairs.

Cons, very bad customer service! In fact, I was super shocked to receive such service. If I ordered anything, even a cup to the room, it would take an hour to come, or not even come at all. This didn't happen once, several times. I was spoken rudely when I raised a complaint about the service. I have been to 3-star hotels with better service. Further, for the money I was paying, I was expecting at least one water bottle in the room, nothing was there. I thought the room would have a mini bar, nothing.

The room was average. Oh, very important point, the bed was so uncomfortable it was shocking! The whole 3 day sleep, neither did I or my family sleep at all. It was painful for us all to sleep on the beds.

In terms of room cleaning, was not done properly. I left a used glass in the room, after cleaning it was still there. Wow, that was the first time I saw that.

I was planning to book Radisson hotel for an upcoming holiday in May to Los Angelas but may opt for something else after my experience.

Big shame I had such a negative experience since Radisson hotel is all over the world but this is what happened to me.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Mandylall

Dear Mandylall, thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback in regards to your recent stay and experience you had with us here in Berlin. Your stay seems far from the service we usually offer here and want to offer to our guests. I am so sorry we were not able to make you a raving fan of our hotel and I would love to learn more about your stay and follow this through thoroughly. I would be delighted if you would get in touch with me directly in order to speak about your experience with us again personally. Best wishes, Stefanie, Guest Experience Manager - stefanie.korte@radissonblu.com

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is second time visit to your hotel. I feel very fine and confertable. Next time I visit Berlin, I will stay your hotel. Location and breakfast are very fine and meet my stay. I want to meet you again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and kind words. We are delighted to welcome you back very soon Odyssey63091330935. Best wishes, Stefanie, Guest Experience Manager