5,684 results
All reviews fish tank huge aquarium museum island heat restaurant a business class room amazing aquarium aquarium view tv tower room facing small balcony brandenburg gate spree river hotel lobby fantastic hotel alexander platz alexanderplatz station hackescher markt
Reviewed October 4, 2008

The location of this hotel is wonderful. Easy walking distance to shops, restaurants and historic sights. My room was well appointed. I do wish that the staff were more accomodating. I didn't have any bottled water left in the fridge in my room and so I went down to the bar that is just off the main lobby and asked for a glass of water. I was told to "Sit down and we will bring it to you." I did just that, but no one ever came to bring me the glass of water. I then walked over to the front desk, and requested that some bottled water be brought up to my room from room service. It didn't come, so I then had to leave the hotel, walk to a restaurant up the street, where they sold me some bottled water, that I brought back to my room. My room was not cleaned until very late in the day even though I had the "Please clean my room" sign hung on my door since early morning. In short, if the service at this hotel were up to par, it would be a good choice. Because I couldn't even get a glass of water or a bottle of water at this hotel, I will look elsewhere for my next stay. Oh, and on check out, they had charged me for the bottled water that they did not bring me, so of course, I protested , and they reluctantly took it off of my bill.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank stevewilhite
Reviewed September 20, 2008

Reasonably priced, top class hotel in a very dynamic city of Berlin. I stayed there for a weekend in August, city was full of tourists yet this hotel offered much better deals than other hotels of similar class. It is located right next to the "museum island" close to the opera and unter der linden street. It is within 15-20 min walking distance from the Brandenburg Gate. Reading this review you probably already know that it has this huge aquarium right above the lobby and high up to the roof which could be seen from many of the rooms. It is quite fascinating and definitely a great idea! Rooms are clean and modern with some nice amenities. Try the pool which although small allows you to relax after a busy day. Breakfast although really good is expensive and I myself preferred to explore some nearby local eateries to get some good food to start off the day. In fact there are quite a few interesting places close to the hotel which are not always full with tourists. Try especially Barcomi's Deli at Sophienstrasse which is definitely one of the best places to get a good bagel in Berlin! Also, check pubs, restaurants and clubs at the Hackescher Markt. Both places are 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel. Those are places for young, easy-going people who look to have fun in Berlin. I also had a dinner in one of the city's fancy restaurants - Bocca di bacco, and it is really a fine place (very romantic with great ambience) which I have reviewed in a separate review. In short, Radisson SAS Berlin is a top class hotel, with nice, modern design, good facilities and friendly staff, located in the center of a great city. I cannot really write anything bad about it. Definitely recommended!

Reviewed September 7, 2008

Having stayed here twice, I can confirm all the enthusastic comments about this hotel. It is brilliantly well located close to the Alexanderplatz S-Bahn station and the Museum Island, and has a spectacular interior layout with the much-remarked lobby fish tank (but beware: though you can see it, to go inside the tank you have to leave the hotel and pay for entry). Rooms are extremely well-appointed, service impeccable, and the main restrauant excellent both for dinner and buffet breakfast. On future Berlin visits I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2008

Our room had a view of the aquarium’s central fish tank so hours of free entertainment was assured. In the morning I watched the divers doing the cleaning! Room had plenty of storage and bath with shower over. I like the way the door can close on the WC too.

Staff are helpful and friendly and clearly used to us British visitors! I think we will keep coming as they provide a kettle and tea! Breakfast was a good spread of all the usual fruits, cold meat/cheese etc and they made very nice omelettes too. Soya milk and Activia yogurts plus a grinder for your muesli ingredients completed my idea of a great breakfast.
Had an evening meal in the noodle bar but sushi was very unexciting as they seem not to do a mixed plate and not a good wine list at all so I was disappointed. Pricy too but lots of alternatives round about.
Much more fun to sit around the fish tank and drink sekt whilst watching amazed tourists come in to see it.
If the sales are on just make sure you get to Kaufhof in Alexander platz as bargains are great in women's clothes :).

1  Thank christel
Reviewed August 19, 2008

The SAS Radisson line of hotels are about as good as you can get for this class of hotel - call them business class plus - meaning geared for business travelers but appealing to budget-minded luxury tourists as well.

Rooms here are clean, modern and well appointed. LCD TV's, steam pant press, good lighting and even heated floors in the bathrooms. Thankfully, SAS offers FREE wifi for all hotel guests - mandatory in the year 2008.

This cylindrical fish aquarium is great, you can take a 2 story elevator into the middle of it - it's perched overhead when you checkin and while at the bar - nice decoration piece.

The two restuarants Heat and Noodle are nothing to get excited about - overpriced but at least you should get a decent meal.

Book online directly through their website - we paid 125 euro per night same day booking for double room and breakfast in August 2008.