“Great!”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Berlin
Ranked #45 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Impressive Spot! I really enjoyed the stay. The hotel staff was nice and accomodating to my family. I would definetely stay there again,and I recommend this hotel!

Enjoy!

Going to type to fill up 200 charachters because this is a fun way to waste time. Thank you tripadvisor for making this tedious.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank tdm757

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel is ideally situated. You can even take a city bus directly to and from the airport, and just about everything I wanted to see was within no more than half an hour's walking distance. There is also great public transportation to KultureForum and various museums. Like everything else in Berlin, the hotel and its rooms are very clean. I was in Berlin for 7 nights, traveling solo. I was offended by the 25 Euros breakfast buffet, but one can just walk down the street to grab something. Same with dinner. There's no "coffee shop" in the hotel. I loved being next door to Museum Island and seeing the Berlin Dom at all times of the day and night. Hackesher Markt is maybe a five minute walk, and it's a lively place to people watch. Oh, I looked at the prices recently, and I can't imagine spending THAT much for a room, fish tank or not. I got some sort of a deal through one of the websites.

Room Tip: I liked facing the street as opposed to the atrium. You're in Berlin: check it out!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Pamwiltravel
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was treated to a night here by my boyfriend on our last night in Berlin. We are both mid 20s with good jobs but this isn't the kind of thing we would be able to afford all the time.

We'd come from an eco hotel in Charlottenberg and I must say we were pretty unimpressed with the hotel in general in comparison to the one we'd just left.

There was a nice blonde lady on the desk, and she gave us some good recommendations for breakfast in the area (the hotel breakfast is 25 euros). However, the service was no better than other places I've been to. We asked the concierge girl about maybe booking a late night trip up the tv tower but she just told us it's too busy right now.

The room was just average, and we said that our 30 euro a night eco hotel actually had the better bed and shower.

What saved this hotel is of course the fish tank in the middle. I could have sat there watching them all night long (so it was perhaps a good thing that they turned off their light at 9pm). There is a lift going up through the middle of the tank but sadly this is not for hotel guests but for people visiting the aquarium. If they'd let guests on the lift as well it would add an extra star for the hotel for me.

Although the hotel is massive, we didn't see many other guests. It's hard to tell who is who in the lobby where some people are guests, some just come in for a photo, and some come in for a coffee. I'm guessing they get a large amount of people like my boyfriend and I who go for a treat. I'd probably say to people like that reading this that you're better off buying an aquarium ticket and staying at another hotel. Sure, the location is good but with all the road works, it's not that pretty outside anyway and the restaurants nearby are mainly tourist trap types anyway. Save your money and go to one a little further out.

Room Tip: If you are keen on staying here then be sure to get a room facing the fish. There's no point sta...
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I recently stayed in the radisson blu berlin and liked the location but found it was expensive for what you get.

The rooms were satisfactory but think that soon the decor will need updating.

The breakfast was outstanding but it should be based on the room price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed at this hotel 4 nights early October. Great location, well appointed rooms and a superb breakfast buffet. Must compliment the staff on their friendly yet professional approach. Plenty of restaurants in immediate vicinity and most attractions within a 20-25 minute walk. Very enjoyable stay.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I am not staying at the Radisson Blu while in a Berlin, but I should be. The staff assisted me with a terrifying problem earlier today. My husband has early stage Alzheimer's Disease and we managed to become separated on the very busy intersection near this hotel. I walked back and forth searching for him for over an hour before deciding to approach the doorman with my problem. He was immediately responsive and got me to the desk so that a police officer could be called. Do not underestimate this act of concern and kindness by the doorman, who is in fact, the gate keeper for a hotel. Before calling the police, the staff called my hotel only to discover that my husband had not returned. He is 75 and some days are fine and other, not so. The correct police division could not be reached at that time so I left to sear more on the streets, promising to return for another attempt at reaching the police. After another 20 minutes I was exhausted, afraid, worried all rolled into one. As I entered the hotel a number of staff were smiling at me and motioning me over. My husband had returned to our hotel (he has the address in his wallet and he remembered to use it for a taxi). The staff seemed as relieved as I and I also took a taxi home.

Now I know that some would expect this type of assistance for a guest at the hotel, and yes, staff at other hotels might have been as responsive and concerned. But THIS staff actually did it. They came through for me and I want other trip advisor users to know this. Last year I completed 6 months of weekly chemo and still do not have red cells in the normal range. I want to thank this staff for making my difficult afternoon a bit easier. I was not alone.

1  Thank Ann R
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Walking in, your eyes simply wander up to the impressive aquarium that dominates the lobby. The hotel centers around this aquarium and it‘s quite the nice view if you have an inward-facing room. Staff is very friendly and their service impeccable. The hotel is located right across the river Spree from the Berlin Cathedral & Museumsinsel and within walking distance from Alexander Platz, Brandenburger Tor, Reichstag and Nikolaiviertel. A great spot to start exploring the city.

Make sure you take the time to enjoy the sumptuous breakfast buffet or have a cup of coffee on their terrace facing the Spree.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends