5,688 results
All reviews fish tank huge aquarium museum island heat restaurant a business class room amazing aquarium aquarium view tv tower room facing small balcony brandenburg gate spree river hotel lobby fantastic hotel alexander platz alexanderplatz station hackescher markt
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We found the temperature comfortable and cozy in our room and the vast atrium. I loved the heated bathroom floor too.

When I wake up in a new city I do love to fling open my bedroom curtains and look out on an interesting view. My 4th floor window did not disappoint with a view of the beautiful Berliner Dom (cathedral) and the river.

I can honestly say that I have never slept in such a quiet room - no noise from the street or other guests, even though the doors were very heavy there was no crash bang slam of neighbours coming in at 3am that I usually hear! Also I had pre requested soft pillows and there were 2 gorgeous, fluffy pillows to sink my tired head into.

Just two small niggles:
1. We booked a table for the Saturday evening through the concierge and when arrived at the restaurant we were turned away because they had no booking for us! We were in the right place.
2. The glass lifts can be a bit temperamental - one evening they all decided to miss out our floor, the call buttons would not work. Also they get very overloaded after breakfast with a long queue.

We had timed our visit to combine sight seeing with the Christmas Markets and there were 3 markets close to the hotel with lots of stalls, big wheels and skating rinks. Proper German markets not the line of garden sheds my local town puts up!

I would book again if I visit Berlin again if only for such a quiet room.

Room Tip: We paid a little extra for the Business Class and requested a view of the cathedral - well worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Fantastic location, Modern, elegant and camfortable design. Super breakfast. If You want to eksplore Berlin it is very good polac to stay. For business and private, for weekend and during week time. Nice service.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Good hotel - clean, comfortable. Beds are nice, firm enough but still snug. Has room service which was nice, although it did take a very long time to arrive (90 minutes +). Shower was good, bathroom was modern and clean. Location is very good and central. Overall, would recommend staying here whether in Berlin for business or leisure.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotels location is very good. You can reach it easily even on your first arrival to Berlin. It is just across the Berliner Dom. The aquarium in the lobby is fantastic. It helps you to calm down. It is amusing to see divers cleaning. The breakfast is fantastic. The concierge is very very helpful.

Room Tip: rooms facing the aquarium are fantastic
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank hguvenir
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I wasn't here long, for a business meeting. It was in and out of Berlin so I can't really comment on the location, but it seemed pretty good.
The hotel itself was good. Clean and comfortable with a very nice room.
The food that we were served at the business meeting was fresh and tasty - good quality.
I would like to come back to Berlin and would look at staying here again. It is also great for business.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business