I traveled with my extended family and we all had a fantastic experience with the hotel (I was told by all that I had made an excellent choice.) The rooms are clean and well-kept (not drabby or old looking at all). The beds are very comfortable with thick, plush mattresses, comforters and pillows. And a full range of amenities are provided (except for conditioner. Don't Europeans use it??) They have a variety of rooms to suit our needs (something other, smaller hotels couldn't provide.)
Notable mentions: The concierges (Ringo and Benno, thank you again for all of your hard work!) who did their best to accommodate our (multiple) needs. The swimming pool is beautiful. Lastly, the restaurant Xxenia's has exceptional service and delectable food. Truly exquisite with a wait staff that is friendly, helpful and very professional.
It is located on the west side, so right near the Zoo, Aquarium and KaDeWe, but an hour walk (albeit a beautiful one through the Tiergarten) from the Eastern sites such as the Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag and Museum Island. However, the trains, buses and bike options make everything easily accessible.
There are a few cons, but the value and service far make up for them. They have been servicing their elevators for quite some time now, so there are currently only two working elevators, which caused a few delays (but nothing too inconvenient.) And since they attract conferences, that means that the lobby can be fairly crowded with smokers filling up the entrance with their fumes. (Don't plan to hang out in the lobby. To counterbalance this, each floor has its own lobby space that is very comfortable.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof welcomes you in the centre of the metropolis. Experience the special ambiance of our prestigious hotel with 383 elegant rooms and 18 modern function rooms. Relax in our exclusive Aqua Spa, the biggest indoor hotel pool in Berlin, or enjoy regional and Mediterranean treats. Tourists and business guests both appreciate the location close to the Kurfurstendamm, 3 to 5 km from the central railway station and the exhibition centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and ACCOR so you can book your Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof Hotel Berlin
- Accor Berlin Schweizerhof
- Sofitel Berlin