“Good choice at Ludwigkirchplatz”
Review of Weyers

Weyers
Ranked #785 of 9,010 Restaurants in Berlin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Weyers is a nice neighborhood restaurant on the lovely Ludwigkirchplatz a couple of long blocks off the Ku'damm in what was West Berlin. I wouldn't call it a destination restaurant, but if you are in the area, as we were, you will likely not be disappointed. The food and service were both above average and the pricing was quite reasonable. Our servers spoke good English, so language was not a problem. Unfortunately it was quite cool and showering the evening we went so we did not eat outside where they have quite a good bit of seating on the Ludwigkirchplatz. Would definitely come here again.

2  Thank Swegnson

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Nice part of West Berlin and good to get away from the centre of the city. Had lovely meal here recently and availed of the outside seating. Staff were very efficient. Unusual in my experience in Berlin where many of the waiting staff simple don't provide efficient service. Most are slow and really don't care about their customers. Different here though - thank goodness.

Food is of a very good standard and the prices reasonable.

1  Thank Exchanger
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Great food, second time here while visiting relatives. Had the steak for dinner, with two sides. Food is very very good, great flavors, and truly a good value. Great beers on tap, great service. We ate in the non smoking area but were near enough to the smoking section (bar) to smell smoke all evening. Other than that a great experience, one of our favorite local places, will eat there again. If you sit on the other side of the sliding doors, there is almost no smoke, but the door opens and closes a lot and is a bit disturbing to conversation and dinner.

Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I finally foynd my way to Weyers on a cold an dark february evening. It was worth some map reading by the odd lamp post on Pariser Strasse. We were served an exceptionally tasty yet basic meal. Add friendly service and local beer and you have a success story. I am coming back for more.

1  Thank Felix H
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had a lovely lunch here yesterday with 2 German friends who live a short distance away. They got married in the church opposite, 6 years ago ;-)! The staff are friendly and the menus are in English as well as German (ask for the English version). I had delicious prawns for starter, advertised at around 3 euros each (lol) .....so I had 3. They were very tasty. Then I had the red fish followed by the apple tart-which was different to apple pie, which is what I was expecting. More like a custard base with apple slices on top. Everyone enjoyed their meal and I would definitely go back. Our friends who live there also told us how lovely it is in the summer when you can sit outside (see reviews below). I concur with the person who commented on the smoking. We aren't used to that anymore in UK and we did have a choice but, as 3 of our group are smokers we sat in the smoking half. Our friends are very polite and smoked outside until after the meal. But we could smell it on our clothes afterwards. Don't let this put you off, as half of the restaurant is non-smoking with dividing doors to separate the dining area. Not everyone had 2/3 courses but the bill came to about £30 a head (with lots of wine and water and coffee).