“Excellent Location, very friendly and helpful staff”

Eurostars Berlin Hotel
Ranked #58 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had my reservations when we landed at TXL at night, and the Taxi ride through snow covered and wet roads didn't seem very pleasing. Once we reached the Hotel, I was very satisfied seeing the hotel interior and the friendliness shown by all the staff at the reception desk.
We spent a total of 5 nights, and not once we had any reason to complain about anything.
The train station is almost at the doorstep. Shopping and restaurants are just a few minutes walk away.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Eurostars Berlin Hotel

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stopped here 3 nights with my son during half-term. The hotel is a stone's throw away from Friedrichstrasse Station and really convenient for the Mitte district. I thought it great value for £80 a night for a suite through booking.com. We didn't bother with the 16 euro breakfast as there are a score of places within a couple of minutes to eat for a quarter of the price. The staff were superb: the cleaning manager took the trouble to poke her head round the door and ask if the room had been cleaned well and the reception staff phoned to ask if we needed anything. I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tmg513
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were at the hotel 4 nights. very Enjoyed the room staff and its excellent location. Excellent price. we have a good breakfast.
it locate 50 m from uban \sban (metro).
the hotel in the east side near the Museum Island

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I didn't spend much time in the hotel itself, but according to the experience I cannot complain about anything. Rooms are spacy, nicely equipped, the sleeping was one of the best comparing to other hotels, breakfast is ok, without superlatives, stuff was very friendly. I asked for a quiet room and indeed there was zero noice.

Room Tip: Rooms in the upper floors, turned away from S-Bahn are very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2013

First time in Berlin, first class location !
When you enter this A 5-star hotel, the hall gives you an impression of space and modernity. A soft orange light completes this nice impression.
The room was spacious and with all amenities you would require (free wifi, LED tv screen, etc.) plus the Spa and swimming pool are really nice.
Visit and restaurant advices were perfectly provided by the professional reception staff. I took a 2-day hop-in-hop-off ticket (purchased at the reception) which gave me the liberty to visit monuments and places I spotted in guides. The bus stop is just a 5-minutes walk away from the hotel.
If you fly to/from Schoenefeld airport, there is a direct train that stops at the Friedrichstrasse Station. Great !

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Let me first say for a 5* hotel this place was good value. The reason for this unfortunately is that this is not a 5* hotel. After reading many reviews of the hotel I noted that the outward facing rooms on the higher floors offered the best views, access to the spa, and peace and quiet as opposed to rooms near the lobby. I mailed the hotel requesting a room such as this and received a prompt reply assuring me that my request had been noted. Upon check in we were placed in a mid floor room overlooking the lobby with windows that did not open and no mention was made even to say 'apologies we could not assist you this time' The room was fine but nothing special. One of the main reasons I chose this hotel over others apart from the good value was the use of the pool in their spa and fitness area. The pool was out of order with no mention of when it might be fixed and no mention on check in in of this. Overall a satisfactory hotel for the price with good location but nothing more and certainly not in the class of 5*

(Also on the day we were checking out housekeeping tried to enter our room at 9am with no knock or warning of entry.........)

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor preferably not looking over the lobby
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jack D
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We arrived to the hotel at about 9 A.M and unfortunately we were unable to make a check in and we had to wait until 3 P.M until our room was ready for our stay.
When we came back after a short visit in the city's center, we finally went to our room. The room was really nice, well cleaned, I loved the fact that the room's windows are pointed towards the hotel's lobby. We had a bit of problem in carrying our luggage into the room.
The next day we had a breakfast, the breakfast was amazing- it had a lot of choice between the food (cereal, few sorts of cheese, omlette etc.)
The staff was very nice and helpful. The only difficult thing in our opinion was the fact that the hotel doesn't make airport shuttles, (on our way from the airport to the hotel, the staff reserved a taxi for us, however on our way from the airport to the hotel we didn't have a reserved taxi and it would have been easier if the hotel would have made a shuttle from the hotel to the airport and from the airport to the hotel.

Overall, I really recommend the hotel: amazing location, very god room, nice and helpful staff.
Best regards from Israel,