“Lovely spot, great sushi ”

Gingi Sushi Sashimi
Ranked #641 of 8,394 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Description: http://maps.google.nl/maps?hl=nl&tab=wl
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely spot, great sushi ”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We had a delicious and good value (by London standards) meal out on the street on a warm evening at this special little place. Service was slow - but that's no surprise given it was busy and there are only a few staff (who were very apologetic about the slow service). A treat.

1 Thank mrdwise

• Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
“Good sushi but overrated and overpriced”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Good sushi; however I think it is over-rated and over-priced. The outside sitting is very good, the street the restaurant is on is very cute so it is good to relax and enjoy your time. The waiters do not know English, they try to help as much as they can but it is hard to communicate. Although they say that they accept credit cards, their machine may not work and you may have to pay cash.

• Visited May 2014
“Slow service and average food”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

I got really excited to try that sushi place after reading reviews.
I got disappointed:
1. Menu is not detailled enough, only the name is mentioned and most of the time you can't guess what you will get if you are not fan of Japanese food,
2. Service was way too slow. We had a dish every 20min. I would rather wait longer and get all the plates at the same time.
3. Food was OK. I used to live in Asia and am familiar with Japanese food. Food served in that place is OK but nothing amazing to me.
4. We paid 100€ for 5 including drinks which is expensive for the small amount of food we ordered. We were still hungry afterwards. Service was too slow and price too high to order some more food. We went to another place instead.

Luton, United Kingdom
“Lovely sushi and sashimi”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

great Japanese restaurant..I swear I could have been in Tokyo. The only problem was I got the price wrong. The special was Euro 39 for 2 people not each !!!
What amazing value for such delicious food!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Rippleog
“Delicious”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This small restaurant is very cosy, with delightful service and delicious food. We booked with a friend a table in advance and it was waiting for us as promised. I don't like sushi very much but those sushi were the best for me so far. The desserts are also worth to try - sesam ice-cream or matcha mousse were just great! The only thing I am critical about is the size of portions. They are small. At least more of rice would be nice. We took the biggest menu for 2 persons, paid around 55 Euros in total (incl. 2 beers and dessert) and were not full. But well you will get here delicious food to enjoy and not just to fill your stomach. Despite the small portions I would recommend this place to my friends.

• Visited January 2014