“Confused by the strudel.”

Augustiner am Gendarmenmarkt
Ranked #192 of 8,713 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: German
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The dinner was lovely, the service was excellent, the atmosphere excellent. Really enjoyed the schnitzel, and others said the steak and pork were very good. Overall a good value for money. The only thing that was not as expected was the apple strudel, as an export, this is usually a treat with a flaky pastry, but it was more of a rubbery exterior encasing an apple filling. As this was the only strudel I had in Germany, maybe it is the 'right' or traditional preparation, but I'd pass on it next time!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We were a large group (45). We payed 39 Euros for three courses. It was not worth it. The starter was ok. The main course consisted of frozen vegetables that were falling apart, cold, dry meat that was hard to chew, and some kind of soggy potatoes. I did not stay for the desert (even if I paid for it), but the once who did said that it tasted nothing. It took them an hour to serve the main course. When we were going to pay, the waiter was really rude. I will never eat there again and I strongly advise others to stay away too.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Augustiner. The food was good and the service was efficient and friendly. There was a really buzzing atmosphere and the staff obviously get on well together, despite working extremely hard. Our main courses wee very generous and heavy on the carbs. My OH was disappointed when unable to order the Dessert he had been looking forward to.

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere with a buzzy feel
The service was excellent
The food was well cooked an served
The various drinks suggested by the waiter went well with the meal
The price was good value

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

In the traditional Bavarian style, this is the place to go if you want to enjoy German food and Bavarian beer. They have a very affordable menu for lunch.