“Recommended, but not 5*” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Steigenberger Hotel Berlin

Steigenberger Hotel Berlin
Ranked #104 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersGold level
“Recommended, but not 5*”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Well located off the Kurfurstendamm, the hotel was a bit ugly from the outside, but the staff on check in were polite, friendly, efficient and very helpful. Room was good, amazingly comfy beds, average size, but modern. Liked the shower, another larger towel per person would have been good as handtowels not enough for longer hair. The lighting in the room was perhaps a little dark. The breakfasts here were simply amazing: every choice any one could ever want. Sadly did not get to try the spa facilities. Free wifi and 2 pcs with printers by reception. Also found an amazing tapas bar around the corner. Would stay again, it was a good hotel, but I would say it is a 4 star and not a 5.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
hb31, Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Berlin, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear "Ird77",

thank you very much for being our guest and taking the time to review about your time in our hotel.

It is really nice to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and recommend us. Thank you very much for your compliment about our employees and the newly renovated rooms as well as the organic breakfast buffet, too.

Unfortunately we cannot change the façade as this is protected by law. But thank you very much for your hint about another big towel. With a little sign during your stay our executive housekeeper loves to help you. We could note to your personal guest profile that you wish another towel for a next stay, too.

We forwarded your idea of optimizing the lighting in the room to our chief engineer.

We hope to welcome you again soon!
with best regards

Torsten K. Schulze

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Stayed in hotel for 4 nights last weekend, lovely room. On check in hotel had been told by lastminute.com stay was 1 person 3 nights, we were 2 adults and child fortunately we had booking with us, and all resolved. Location excellent, breakfast was extra at 23 euros each, so we went to pattisserie around corner and all ate and drank to hearts content sat in sun on terrace for 8 euros for all of us(bargain). Saying that on an evening we relaxed in the piano bar and enjoyed great beer and delicous cakes all quite reasonable. Top tip put your dont clean room hanger on door before you go to bed otherwise room cleaning will be knocking at 8am. Hotel pool is brill, staff excellent really cant fault the place.Wifi in room kept dropping out gave up in the end because poor signal.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
hb31, Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Berlin, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear "nickold",

Thank you really much for being our guest and taking the time for your review about your stay.

Great that you enjoyed your stay and had a good time in one of our newly renovated rooms and liked our Pianobar.

Thank you for your hints referring our Wi-Fi and the cleaning start, too. You are right, it is important to hang out the "do not disturb" sign so that the housekeeping know where they allowed to knock and where the guest would like to sleep longer.

With a short note in the hotel our IT-Concierge would love to help you during your next stay with bringing an extra rooter for making the Wi-Fi signal stronger to your room.

We hope to welcome you again soon and send

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Very good central location, very friendly staff and clean, comfortable, modern rooms. The staff should be commended on their friendliness and willingness to help - I think this makes the stay more relaxed. Free wifi available, lovely Nespresso coffee machine in the room and an excellent breakfast available (including a huge choice of morning teas!). The pool and sauna area was an attractive bonus, but did get busy. To be fair I did stay here during one of the busiest summer weekends in Europe so busy lifts, breakfast areas etc, was to be expected. I also really liked being able to open the window in my room - so many hotels make their guests endure air conditioning so I appreciated sleeping with a breeze though the room! All in all, I would definitely stay here again.
Warning: 5 star standards do vary from country to country, so don't expect 5 star Middle East or Far East standards when staying in Germany/Europe. This hotel offers a very high standard at good prices and in a very central location.

Stayed August 2012
Dear "SimonAdam",

Thank you so much for your review and for taking the time for it.

It is really great that you found so many positive aspects about our hotel: our friendly staff, the modern and clean executive rooms iwth a Nespresso machine, our location, the sumptuous and organic breakfast buffet and even our windows.

And we thank you very much for your hint about the 5 star rankings in different destinations. It is really important to be aware of those diefferences.

We hope to welcome you again soon at the Los-Angeles-Platz and send
beste regards,

Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

I’ve visited Belrin in 1975 and 1992. This was the third visit. When I checked in, a front man remembered my name. After taking a rest, I walked to Siegessaure (went up to top), Brandenburger Tor, Reichstag, Deutcher Bundestag, Berlin Dom (went up to top) and Fernsehturm (TV tower). I was going up to the tower for the second time (once in 1992), but battery of the camera was completely discharged, then I decided to come back to the hotel and took a No. 100 bus. I dropped the bus at zoo. At the next morning, when I went to the front, he called my name. I asked him where is the nearest bus stop for No. 100/200 bus. His answer was very adequate to understand easily. And I asked him to extend the checkout time (normally noon) until three o'clock without extra. Because I was not sure that what time I would be back after going up to TV tower and Potsdamer Platz via Brandenburger Tor. And my flight to Frankfurt (then to Tokyo) was 17.30. He agreed the extension until one o'clock. I appreciated so much and after that time I agreed for my luggages to be moved to the store room. I came back around two o'clock and checked out. There were so many guests for check in. After lunch at Daitokai, I asked him the best way to get to Tegel airport and he explained two ways. One is a cheaper way, but I had two luggages, then I decided to take a taxi. As a conclusion, he called my name everytime we met , agreed the extension and gave me adequate explanation. These made me so comfortable during the stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear "Tadahiro H",

Thank your very much for taking the time to review about your stay and beeing our guest.

It is really nice to read that you enjoyed your stay and that one of our front office employees made it a very special one. We shared you comment with our employees and thank you very much for spending such a motivation.

We hope to welcome you again soon and send

Harrogate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Steigenberger Hotel. The staff are very helpful and nothing is too much trouble. The room was modern, well designed and spotlessly clean. The buffet breakfast was included in the price we paid for the room and we enjoyed the quality food on offer but the dining areas were very busy and the business of finding an empty table on some mornings was challenging even with the help of the staff.
The hotel is in a great location and close to many shops and restaurants and transport links but as it faces onto a quiet square there is no obtusive noise.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 5th floor and overlooked a small park in the centre of the square. There was no...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear "lovetogo38",

Thank you really much for staying at the Los-Angeles-Platz with us and taking the time for your positive review.

Thank you for your compliment to our friendly employees and about the newly renovated room, too.

You are right, if we are fully booked and during peak hours, it is possible that you have to wait for a free place for breakfast. But up to a limited occupancy we open more than only one room for having breakfast.

We hope to welcome you again soon to convince you with our silver lining in every aspect.
With kind regards,

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

I recently spent two nights at the Steigenberger Berlin and was extremely impressed by nearly every aspect of the hotel.

Upon arrival, I was greeted by name and given an information package related to my business in Berlin. The front desk clerk then directed me to the concierge window, where my transportation needs were immediately arranged. The concierge the made a polite offer to assist in making the most of the free time I had in Berlin.

My only complaint about the hotel is petty. There is only one elevator bank and this is a rather large hotel. Having only one elevator bank is inconvenient and was often overcrowded.

The room was very well maintained. Not a single sign of wear in my standard king room. The 42" high definition television was tastefully built in to a wall unit. The bed was very comfortable and had impeccable linens. In addition to the standard mini-bar items, there were several choices of waters and a complimentary Nestle coffee system with plenty of choices.

The room had nice amenities, including cotton robes, slippers, luxury bath items and more. The bath was spotless with plenty of water pressure and a nice shower system.

The breakfast is more than your standard European hotel breakfast. There were eggs cooked to order as well as bacon, sausage, fresh squeezed orange juice, bottled still sparkling water, champagne and more. Very high quality breakfast for this price point.

The location is a three minute walk from The DB Zoologischer Garten rail station, which provides easy access to either Tegel or Schonefeld airports, as well as all points in Berlin for €3.60.

This was my first experience with this German hotel chain and will definitely not be the last.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear "smkerry",

Thank you very much for your nice review about your stay in our Hotel.

It is great to know that you enjoyed your time with us and that especially our helpful and attentive employees as well as our newly renovated Executive rooms made it a special one.

We hope that if you will come to Germany again, your choice will be Steigenberger again!
Hopefully see you soon,

Ampleforth, York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Four of us in two rooms at a bargain all-inclusive price flying from Leeds Bradford for 3 nights. Easy access via train from the airport and well-situated to access the underground rail system for trips out. The hotel is listed as 5 star - very clean and comfortable rooms, extremely courteous and helpful staff. We did not have the breakfast as we thought £30 or so each to be a little on the expensive side - lots of good cafes nearby where breakfast for 4 will cost about 20 Euros in total. Rooms had showers rather than baths which was not a massive disappointment but it is a 5 star hotel. Main drawbacks are in-house prices but you have a choice as to whether or not you spend the money. There is a complimentary bottle of water on arrival and subsequent bottles are 5 Euros each - this was not made clear until we offered to pay for the one bottle we had consumed. If you are visiting Berlin, this is a good hotel in which to stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
hb31, Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Berlin, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear "John R",

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review on Tripadvisor.

You are right - some of our Superior rooms have showers and some have bathtubs. If you give us a little note prior to your next arrival, we will note your wish.

It is really nice to read that you were convinced by our newly renovated rooms and the location.

Thank you moreover for your compliment to our helpful employees. It is good to know that the staff, which gives the lifeblood to our hotel, made your stay a special one.

We hope to welcome you again in a not so far future and send