“Berlin trip”

close to commute
nice rooms
nice staff
key issue... 3 people one key
no sockets for charging at bed
no locks for the washroom door
easy checkin checkout
some English TV channels would be good

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Babson Park, FL
Reviewed July 11, 2014

This hotel was in a good location for the u-bahn. The beds were very comfortable and breakfast was good with a variety of fruits, cereals, hot/cold items, and breads. They have a lounge on the first floor with good choices of beer/wine. There are also plenty of places to eat nearby. The reception area is large.

Room Tip: Breakfast is on the 8th floor. The elevator is a bit busy but there are stairs.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Biloela, Australia
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed here as part of a Contiki tour in August 2013

The Room - The hotel room was very basic. We booked a twin room and as you can see from my photos it's pretty close to being a double. The beds are right next to each other. There was a small TV and didn't include a fridge. The bathroom was small and basic but had everything you need.

The Location - The hotel is right next to a major bus stop. You could probably book one to any major city from here. There is also a small shop so you can buy snacks and drinks right out the front of the hotel.

The Staff - I needed an extra pillow so I went to the reception to ask if I could get one. I was suffering from DTV so I had major ankle swelling and needed to elevate my feet. When I got to the reception there was another girl waiting to fax something and the guy working was making a big deal about faxing it for her. After that was sorted I was still standing there waiting for him to acknowledge me. He choose to ignore that I was even there, until I got his attention and asked for a pillow. He looked at me funny then took his time 'trying' to find this pillow. I wouldn't have asked if I didn't really need it. He just came across rude and that he had better things to do.

Overall I didn't enjoy staying here, I would rather stay at a nicer place closer to the city. If you were just using this hotel as a stop over from a bus journey, it would be good just for the convenience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank alanna1622

Travelers are raving about these Berlin hotels

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The hotel is a little bit out of the city center. You can get to the subway in less than a minute at the Messe Nord / ICC station and you'll be at the city center in about 20 mins. There's a limited number of restaurants and shops around so you'll probably spend some time and money for transit. Having said all that, this hotel is still pretty good value and relatively accessible.

In terms of parking, it's free in this area and there are quite a few open outdoor parking lots. We parked on Masurenalle about a block away and was told that the parking lot across the street wasn't so safe. I guess this would be a good place to mention the underground walkway we never used once we found ways to cross the street alternatively.

The hotel seems to favor single beds that are put together to make a double. This generally isn't a problem but If you're looking for a true double bed, it may be wise to call in and check with front desk ahead of time. Otherwise, the rooms are decent and equipped with 2 large towels, a simple hair dryer and body soap which acts as shampoo as well.

Overall I enjoyed my stay as there was free wifi and if you're lucky enough to get breakfast included it's actually not bad (for European standards,,,,)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JC-GoTravel
Deurne
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Because Berlin has a environmental zone in which older cars with a dieselmotor are not allowed I found e good hotel just outside that zone, but within a few meters from the undergroud/bus/train. It brings you within 10 minutes in the heart of the city. Plenty of fre parking space because the hotel is next to the Messe (exhibition space).

Good hotel with all the things you really need, incl. a bar and a restaurant. Good operating base to explore the very interesting city of Berlin!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 22, 2014

For business, I've stayed a number of times now at the Ibis near the Berlin Messe. In all, a perfectly adequate experience with decent prices, given the location. Personnel is friendly if not overly service oriented, the rooms are not very big or luxurious, but provide the needed basics. One major quibble is the price and speed of wifi access: far too high considering the slow performance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

The most of-no-help reception I've seen in Germany. Annoying, not properly speaking English and doesn't care to politely answer all of your questions before switching to chat with a german-speaking client. Cassier at Mcdonalds and random kind german guys on the street helped us more than two reception people we tried to ask.
The room is spacious but not clean enough - dead mosquitos near the window, dust on the shelf above the bed and someone's hair in the bathroom.
We were looking for a cheap hotel near the airport to stay overnight and that's probably all there is in this hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Heike F, Manager at Ibis Berlin Messe, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Aksinya Z,

Many thanks for your response regarding your stay in our hotel and the critical feedback.

We are very grateful that you describe your experience with our front office team and our room cleanliness which will help us to improve. Friendliness and professionalism are the most important things are for a hotel, in your case you didn’t experience this in our hotel. This was not intentionally done, and I kindly ask you to accept my apologies. We will certainly discuss your complaint with our front office team and with the responsible department from
our external cleaning company, assure you that we take your feedback very serious.

Criticism and hints how to do things better, will help us to reach our goals and increase our guest’s satisfaction.

Dear Aksinya Z, thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon at the ibis Hotel Berlin Messe.

Best regards from Berlin