My husband and I just returned from our stay in Berlin and we had a wonderful time. We arrived early last Saturday (2/16/13) and a room was ready for us. The hotel is cool, when you walk in there are some neat paintings on the walls and this cool wood carved bannister. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful when we asked questions about the buses and trains. We took a cab from the airport upon arrival, don't do that. Take the bus, the X9 or the 109 leave you right by the hotel and its only 2,40 euros a person rather than the 80 euros we paid for car service. We traveled to Paris on this trip too so we took the bus to the airport and back and then again when we left for the States. Anyway, the room was ready when arrived, it was pretty basic, huge windows and high ceilings, antique looking furniture like a secretary desk and armoire. The bathroom was small but clean. The wifi wasn't working while we were there but we used the lobby computer and that was just as well. We had the buffet breakfast on Sunday; it was pretty basic- eggs, croissants, fruit, juices, coffee, teas, cold cuts. The hotel is located by Kurfürstendamm and it has plenty of shopping for people who love to shop on vacation. It is also a couple of blocks to the Zoologischer Garten S + U bahn stops. You can get a lot of trains from this station to take you where you have to go. Use them, they are clean and safe and very affordable to go from one end of Berlin to another. If we got another good deal with this hotel we would definitely come back, it provided us with a good starting point to take in all of Berlin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AZIMUT Hotel Berlin Kurfurstendamm is a modern hotel located in the very heart of Berlin. It is located on the Kurfurstendamm, the famous 125-year-old boulevard laid down in the Wilhelminian period. There is only few minutes walking distance to the ruins of the Gedachtniskirche, one of the most famous sights of the city. AZIMUT Hotel Berlin Kurfurstendamm occupies two original buildings dating from the early 20th century. The breakfast restaurant offers unforgettable view down the shopping mile and over the Joachimstaler Platz. Individually designed rooms contrast with surviving period stucco features and a range of murals in the hotels communal areas. This unrivalled central location lures tourists and business travelers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HRS, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your AZIMUT Hotel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belmondo Am Kurfurstendamm Berlin
- Belmondo Am Kurfurstendamm Hotel