“Nice location for our trip for college.”
Review of Ibis Berlin Mitte

Ibis Berlin Mitte
Ranked #147 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Paignton, United Kingdom
“Nice location for our trip for college.”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I went here a little while ago with my college doing art, design and illustration. Really nice location in the center but cheap from what I found, great food in the mornings, too. Very friendly staff. I found that the rooms appeared to be quite hot at night, but nothing to moan and groan about. That was my only real complaint about it. Overall great experience, would stay here again if I find myself in Berlin, again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The ibis hotel berlin mitte is really well located, I'm a fast walker and it took me just under 10 minutes to be in alexanderplatz for easy access to a lot of main attractions. The area is safe enough and i felt comfortable enough to explore the local bars and restaurants, which are nearby. There is also a supermarket very enarby as well for those essential snacks.

The staff were very friendly, I slept really well and the rooms are soundproofed so no disturbances from other guests. My room also faced the tv tower so had a wonderful view, especially at sunset.

There's a bar downstairs that also serves food and snacks with, what i thought, were reasonable prices. Wi fi is available in the lobby. The cleaning staff were not intrusive and my room was very clean.

There are two reasons why I marked 4 and not 5 out of five, the bathroom constantly had a strange smell which was here from the moment i stepped in the room (no, it wasn't me ;) ) and it did not fade, the second reason is because one man on reception claimed, after two days of my stay, that there was a new policy whereby i had to be issued a new keycard each day (i found this out after my key stopped working...) Other staff later informed me that he was full of what was most likely stinking up my bathroom and the policy did not exist. I should point out that I stayed at the hotel alone and made no fuss of my stay there so I have no idea why he said this, I wish him luck in life. If you see him, he looks a bit like Reese Shearsmith from League of Gentlemen (Maybe it was because I wasn't local...?)

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room with a window facing towards alexanderplatz :)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Very good choice. Great localization, quite near to Alexander Platz (if you don't want to take a 5 minutes walk, you can use the tram just in front of the hotel and take subway). A well served breakfast, fruits, breads, juices. Eficient staff
Internet free at the lobby
Book in advance and you can get good rates

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
imitte, Manager at Ibis Berlin Mitte, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Berlin Mitte. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

ibis Hotel Berlin Mitte // Ines Meißner - Assistant Manager
Reviewed August 9, 2013

When I went to Berlin I simply was not prepared to pay the outrageous prices that some of the city centre hotels wanted and this is how I stumbled across the Ibis Mitte. I spent a while researching the location and making sure I could visit all the sights easily using public transport if I stayed outside the city centre. Due to Germany's excellent transport links, this is absolutely no problem. The hotel is just a short walk away from a tram stop which takes you straight to Alexanderplatz within 5 minutes. From here, you can travel pretty much anywhere you like using buses, trains or trams. The hotel is very clean, tidy and the staff were nothing but helpful. I honestly couldn't fault a single thing about this hotel. Definitely a much better alternative than paying for a hotel right in the city centre.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank BabyMoose86
imitte, Manager at Ibis Berlin Mitte, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Ines Meißner / Assistant Manager
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed here for two nights on a stag do. Good rates, nicely done out inside, good English speaking staff and a great location near to Alexanderplatz and nightlife. As somewhere to get your head down after a good night on the town this place was ideal.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ramstein-Miesenbach, Germany
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We spent 4 nights here and really enjoyed our stay in the family room. Great location right off the U-Bahn, cool district in town, hip/modern room, outstanding breakfast, nice to return the evenings to tea/coffee, great wifi, staff was really friendly and gave pretty nice treats to our girls. Might be able to find a little better deal on some other locations but you won't regret this choice.

• Stayed July 2013