The service was excellent and staff were very accommodating. They had apples and macarons for guests as they check-in. Location is superb (S-bahn, tourist sites, shopping, restaurants, airport transportaion, etc). You can pretty much walk from the hotel to main areas to visit while in Berlin. The S-bahn is less than a 5 minute walk. The main shopping area is just behind the hotel. The restaurants around the hotel are all high end. The room was a decent size and bed was comfortable. The TV though is pretty old (it wasn't LCD). Fitness centre was also pretty good. There was no fee to use the sauna and steam room. Overall, I was very satisfied with the hotel but then again for the price you pay per night to stay at this hotel I expected nothing less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The boutique and designer Hotel Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt is considered to be one of the most elegant addresses in the heart of the bustling capital. The small, unique boutique hotel, with 70 rooms and 22 suites designed by Harald Klein, combines minimalist Cocoon design with unique details, such as the play of light and shadow and of glass and black marble. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt Hotel Berlin
- Accor Berlin Gendarmenmarkt
- Berlin Sofitel