Right in the middle of Mitte, literally just a few minutes of a walk from most of the really big tourist attractions in Berlin like the Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie, the Reichstag, Unter den Linden, Museum Island... You get it.
And more than the location the hotel is really nice itself. Big modern rooms with a rainfall shower that is absolutely to die for. Even have a little bench in the shower if you ever need to sit down there (I guess helpful if you shave your legs maybe).
Bed is super soft. Great pillows. And even a cute little musical box built right into the nightstand to put you to sleep.
Only weird thing was the bathroom wall that I guess a lot of people have already mentioned here. It looks like it should be able to slide a bit to block the window between the bedroom and the bathroom... But it doesn't. So a bit awkward opening and closing the two doors for the shower and toilet. Hard to describe, but it's just a little awkward moment when you first see the room.
Fantastic hotel all around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The boutique and designer Hotel Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt is considered to be one of the most elegant addresses in the heart of the bustling capital. The small, unique boutique hotel, with 70 rooms and 22 suites designed by Harald Klein, combines minimalist Cocoon design with unique details, such as the play of light and shadow and of glass and black marble. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, ACCOR and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt Hotel Berlin
- Accor Berlin Gendarmenmarkt
- Berlin Sofitel