It was really awesome staying at the Sofitel Gendarmenmarkt. We were at first anxious as this was our first time in Berlin and didn't know what to expect. Furthermore, previous posts mentioned of small-ish rooms. However, we were pleased that our Luxury Room turned out to be of perfect size, with enough room for two of us and our huge suitcases.
Reservations was not a problem though the website could perhaps work on providing more pictures that reflect the different rooms available. Our worries on having to wait long for the official check-in time were allayed upon arrival (at 7am!). We got our rooms immediately and we were even given a room facing the cathedral where the Christmas Market was which was very nice. We were greeted by friendly frontdesk staff and they were also very helpful in providing specific information on places we wanted to go.
Location-wise, the Sofitel was an excellent choice as it's pretty central to everything in Berlin (Stadmitte) unless you want to get to Ku'Damm everyday but then, the Metro is just a very short walking distance anyway. Awesome restaurants scattered around the hotel for us to choose from and the sites (Brandenburg Tor, Checkpoint Charlie, Museumsinsel, Memorials, University etc) are all a lovely stroll away.
The bed was as comfy as ever which made it difficult for us to get up and explore the city each day! We especially loved the Nespresso machine with three choices of espressos each morning apart from tea. The bathroom had Hermes amenities for our room category. Otherwise, we reckon you'd get L'Occitane (because when we asked for an extra shampoo, they had asked us which brand we had) if that is at all important to you. The shower had strong water pressure which is always a plus with us. Each evening, we had turn down service and it was a treat to receive different flavored Ritter chocolates to savor every night! The servicing team were equally friendly and very efficient and our rooms were kept clean and amenities replenished diligently every day.
We didn't try the spa nor had breakfast but we enjoyed the gym which was literally ours alone for the entire week! Access to WiFi is free in the room and connection was excellent on all our devices.
If there is anything at all that the hotel may perhaps want to look into is to provide additional bottles of water as we only "officially" receive one bottle of Evian per day. Nevertheless, having said that though, they had no problems providing us additional bottles upon request. All in, a wonderful stay and the Sofitel had capped off our visit to Berlin as memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The boutique and designer Hotel Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt is considered to be one of the most elegant addresses in the heart of the bustling capital. The small, unique boutique hotel, with 70 rooms and 22 suites designed by Harald Klein, combines minimalist Cocoon design with unique details, such as the play of light and shadow and of glass and black marble. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt Hotel Berlin
- Accor Berlin Gendarmenmarkt
- Berlin Sofitel